MD MD - Baltimore, Patapsco River, WhtFem 35-50, UP2339, scar, clothes, wedding ring, Jul'68

Reaction score
I did not see a thread for this Jane Doe so I thought I'd make one.

She was found in the Patapsco River near the Baltimore Harbor that is near the Fort McHenry National Monument. She was estimated to be between the ages of 35-50. She is described as to having black hair and brown eyes. She was 5'5 and 164 pounds. She had a healed linear scar in the lower abdominal midline which was 4 1/2" in length. According to NamUs she may have had a history of alcohol abuse and may have suffered from depression.

She was found wearing a blue dress that had a belt, a yellow bra, a yellow half-slip, a pair of black loafer shoes, and a gold wedding band.

WARNING THIS NAMUS LINK CONTAINS A POST-MORTEM PHOTO
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2339

Looks like the UID has a prominent mole on her cheek (near her eye), which I'm not seeing on Juanita. I'm not sure if the other marks on her are a result of death or what, but if not, I'd say she had freckling, too.

Is it just me or is the PM photo on this doe one of the largest in size ever? I can't believe how far I can zoom in.

ETA: now I'm wondering if that mole is an "age spot." I have a few of them and they can get a bit raised. If so, the UID could have acquired those later in life, and they won't necessarily show up in younger photos.

I emailed these possible matches to Pamela Reed; she emailed me back telling me that the Jane Doe was cremated and that there is no DNA available for her. Since the missing women only have DNA to compare and the Jane Doe doesn't, there is now way to compare them.

I emailed these possible matches to Pamela Reed; she emailed me back telling me that the Jane Doe was cremated and that there is no DNA available for her. Since the missing women only have DNA to compare and the Jane Doe doesn't, there is now way to compare them.

Bumping for this Jane Doe. Been almost a year since anyone posted. I read they can get DNA from cremated remains from bone fragments, but it's not guaranteed. However, unless they try to obtain a sample, they'll never know.

Just curious, when looking at this JDs PM photo, it looks like her teeth are blurred out.
At first I thought maybe she had no teeth, but if you look at the upper lip, it's blurry, too. Anyone else notice that, too?
Anyone know why this might have been done?
Here is her doe page, which has a link to the photo to which I'm referring:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1031ufmd.html

Just curious, when looking at this JDs PM photo, it looks like her teeth are blurred out.
At first I thought maybe she had no teeth, but if you look at the upper lip, it's blurry, too. Anyone else notice that, too?
Anyone know why this might have been done?
Here is her doe page, which has a link to the photo to which I'm referring:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1031ufmd.html

Alleykins, I wonder the same.

Seems like there is hardly any interest in this case given that it is now considered a "cold case" and anyone who would have known her is probably dead or in a nursing home. It said on her Doe Network page that she may have suffered from depression and been an alcoholic. That tells you it may have been a suicide; may have jumped off at a certain point into the Patapsco and drowned or (hopefully) died quickly when her body made impact with the water. It seems she didn't have a happy life. Though, a wedding band was found on her so she was married to somebody.

Bumping for this poor woman.
Sadly, nothing new to report.
This was someone's wife, possibly someone's mother.
It breaks my heart being able to match her appears to be limited.
With all the advances in DNA extraction, there's got to be some shred or fragment of bio material from these remains they can use. Heavy sigh.

Couldn't find a thread for her. Merge if it exist...

1031UFMD

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Warning PM

Date of Discovery: July 5, 1968
Location of Discovery: Baltimore, Baltimore City County, Maryland
Estimated Date of Death: Hours prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 35-50 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 164 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Possible prior surgery: Healed "linear scar in the lower abdominal midline which measures 4 1/2" in length" (Report does not specify whether this was a surgical scar). May have had a history of alcohol abuse and may have suffered from depression.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Not available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Blue dress with a belt, yellow bra, yellow half-slip, and a black loafer type shoe.
Jewelry: Gold wedding band.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was located in the Patapsco River, 200 feet south of Fort McHenry.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Baltimore Police Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 410-396-2100
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 68-925A

Agency Name: Maryland Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 410-333-3250
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 69187

NCIC Case Number: Not entered
NamUs Case Number: 2339
Former Hot Case Number: 1165

She looks younger than 50. Especially if she had an alcoholism history (her nose and cheeks do tell that story) she may have aged quicker. Id look into 30s to early 40s.
And she was married.
Someone out there must be missing that poor lady. I wish they have her dna

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth