989 users online (118 members and 871 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VA - Michael Margaret, 21, & Donna Hall, 18, Richmond, 17 Aug 1984

Hall-Margaret Homicide Synopsis: On August 21, 1984,the bodies of Michael Margaret, age 21, and Donna Hall, age 18, were found in a wooded area approximately 300 yards southwest of the Kings Crossing Apartment Complex in the 10,000 block of Patterson Avenue near Gaskins Road. Both victims died of multiple stab wounds. They were last seen alive on Friday night August 17, 1984. A $15,000 reward has been offered in this case. If you have any information concerning these murders, please contact the Homicide Unit at (804) 501-4862 or (804) 501-5000.
    Last edited by Fatback; 09-22-2005 at 07:51 AM. Reason: title change...

Strange but, true

They were camping behind Kings Crossing apartments at the time of the murder. Donna Hall was my babysitter and a close friend of my older brother. He was the last know person to see them alive. He was questioned by police and released. Everyone in thier circle of friends knows who did it but, there was never any proof.

Mike and Donna were very sweet people. I have felt terribly for there parents for all this time. I would love to see this case resolved.

The story I remember hearing was that they were taking off for wherever because of a drug debt. And yes, I also have heard that that a certain someone did it but there was lack of evidence. I've always feltl like there had to be more people involved. One story was of them being drugged and taken to the field behind the apartments where they were found etc.....

It just so happens that my new neighbor is a retired Henrico county violent crimes detective. I had the pleasure of sitting outside with him earlier today for about 3 hours listening to his stories. I was intrigued. I could have talked to him forever. I asked him if he had any cases that haunted him, or one case you still think about and he said, " Michael Margaret and Donna.!!"

Bumping for Michael and Donna.

http://www.henricomonthly.com/news/the-last-party
    "Thirty years later, police seek answers to a gruesome double homicide in the West End."
    This is just MOO

hello, my name is andy lucas. I now live in Wilmington, nc and my brother is married to Allyson, mikes sister. ever since I heard about this I was shocked and wanted to find out the real deal. sounds like some people know a name or two about who did this violent murder.. please let me know who this is and I will be grateful. my cell is <modsnip>. my email is liljabberjaww@yahoo.com. I am serious and want to help my sister in law Allyson and her brother scott get some resolution. please respond if u know anything... I am awaiting anyones response. andy.
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 10-02-2015 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Remove phone #

This is getting much deserved publicity now, I hope these people are brought to justice. It sounds as if Michael put up one heck of a fight and with the blood evidence found, which was neither of the victims, there was at least one injured person who had to have been seen by somebody!! Who came into some money around that time? Who acted strangely amongst their friends and acquaintances, nervous, depressed, distant? Did anyone suddenly quit their job or move away, this was a very gruesome crime, somebody, whether a witness or participant must be riddled with guilt and haunted by nightmares, were there any suicides around this time or later? Anyone admitted to a psychiatric hospital, rehab or even out of the blue started to attend church, all of these things should be considerered because guilt will eat away at the soul, no amount of drugs will take away such a horrific scenario. They have a blood sample I am sure it would have been run through the DNA database so this person must not have served time for other crimes, I will assume they are alive and probably TRYING to live a normal life because if they were dead I think people would be more likely to offer up info. JMO.

Keeping the faith that the guilty party will not go unpunished. How unfair that they have gotten away with this for 30 years. Those are the ones I really like to see solved. By now they are probably feeling pretty confident they got away with this.

This crime is a little baffling, I feel as if it was staged to look like it was drug related, throat slashing, stabbing, if they got their money why do all this, seems very personal to be this brutal, what did they know?

Bumping for Michael and Donna
    This is just MOO

http://wtvr.com/2015/07/23/people-sh...est-end-woods/

16 minute video of the crime including crime scene. About three quarters of the way down on the left in a small video player. Very good video!!!

Latest figure is that 31.40% of Mexicans have blood type A. Thats A+. In the video they just said A. Mexican drug runners, cartel members, associates would not be uncommon for them to carry and know how to use knifes in USA back in those days. More likely to carry knife than gun to kill............They went there to purchase again. Not sure if it was the same ones, or different ones showed up. But for some reason no drugs were sold, and both were killed. Perhaps they tested the cocaine or what ever they were going to buy and it tested as being fake dope. Which lead to an argument and fight insured and both were killed with knifes. The rear of the vehicle was open and so was the passenger side door. The driver could have gotten out and opened the back of the jeep and the girl got out of the passenger side to walk around to the back of the jeep to watch the transaction. The guy opened the bag/suitcase containing the drugs and did some tests and discovered they were going to be ripped off.

The above is pure speculation and assumptions based on what I seen in the video. A possible theory.

But then again, a blanket was found laying outside and there were blood drops of three kinds inside the vehicle. So maybe the back was raised to retrieve a blanket and they at some point were laying outside waiting for someone to arrive since it was a hott summer night.

They say they have DNA! And can run a check through the database to eliminate a possible suspect.
    Does anyone know if a DNA database exist in Mexico/Puerto Rico that they can run that DNA to see if there is a match??
    Perhaps they did.

Another chance is that someone knew they were going to be there with thousands of dollars on them and got there before the dealer to rob and steal and killed them for the money.

Or a small theory that someone happened upon them by chance and just robbed and killed them.

From all indications watching the video several times, you would think the crime occurred there. But there was a blanket found soaked in blood, but neither victim was found laying on the blanket. Which could mean they were killed somewhere else and drove there in there own jeep while wrapped inside the blanket and when they arrive on the spot, one of the killers got out the passenger side door and the rear was opened and the bodies removed and then they were place apart from each other but not still in the blanket. But to leave the area after one would think someone had to follow them to the spot so they could then leave the area afterwards.

Fundraiser............http://wtvr.com/2015/08/14/donna-hal...er-fundraiser/

afterthought...
    If a LEO was here I would ask are we sure they were killed where found? I ask because of that blanket soaked in blood but neither the man or woman was found laying inside the blanket. It was all by itself. Which has me stumped. How do they explain the solo blanket soaked in blood but no body laying on it or wrapped in it???
    Last edited by :+:MrTT:+:; 10-02-2015 at 06:19 PM. Reason: afterthought...

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 1952–1 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

Does anyone know how to go about getting this case in the hands of some TV show like 20/20?
    This is just MOO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast