Ireland Ireland - Willie Maughan, 34, & Ana Varslavane, 20, Gormanston, 14 Apr 2015

Patience

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.thejournal.ie/missing-couple-meath-2457042-Nov2015/
[h=1]There’s still no sign of this couple who’ve been missing for seven months[/h][h=2]William Maughan and Anastasija Varslavana were last seen in the Gormanstown area.[/h]Nov 20th 2015, 9:40 PM 32,324 Views 18 Comments
Share11 Tweet25 Email7

Updated 9.36 pm
original
Source: Crimestoppers
THE FAMILY OF a couple who’ve been missing for seven months have said they’re being “torn apart” by their continued disappearance.
William Maughan (34) and Anastasija Varslavane (20) were last seen in the Gormanstown area of east Meath on 14 April and have not been heard from since.
Gardaí say they are very concerned for their safety and are understood to be investigating whether or not they have been murdered.
‘Willie’ and ‘Anna’ lived in a caravan in Gormanstown and used to hang about in the Balbriggan, Stamullen and Gormanston areas of north Dublin and Meath but have not been seen since their disappearance.
Speaking at garda press conference held today, Helen Maughan pleaded for some information about their disappearance:
No parents deserve to go through what we’re going through. My family are just torn apart by this. As a mother I’m just asking and pleading, just pick the phone up give my child back, give me Anna back.

"We are not going to back down, why should we back down," his mother Helen 'Nell' Maughan said defiantly at a solidarity march for the family this evening.

They spoke out this week against the gang they suspect murdered their 34-year-old son and his girlfriend Anna Varslavane (21).

His grave had been dug up in an act of intimidation, though the perpetrators did not reach the coffin.

They carried white and yellow balloons, symbolising peace and justice.

Joe Maughan, the father of the two boys, said he would not be intimidated.

He urged anyone with information "do the right thing" and contact the gardai.

William Maughan and Anna Varslavane were last seen alive on Tuesday April 14 in the Gormanston area of Co Meath.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/why-should-we-back-down-over-100-march-with-parents-of-missing-man-after-sons-grave-is-desecrated-34996247.html

‘Just give us back the bodies’: Father’s appeal over son and his girlfriend missing since 2015

3015880.main_image.jpg

(click to enlarge)

The father of a man believed murdered along with his pregnant girlfriend has made an emotional plea for people who know where their bodies are to “leave a mark” and make an anonymous phone tip-off so he can give them a proper burial.
---
Joe Maughan, Willie’s father, says the couple, who were expecting a child, were murdered because his son “knew so much” about the activities of a criminal gang. A gangland criminal feared they were about to go to the garda and link him to the gun killing of Benny Whitehouse in Balbriggan, Co Dublin, in 2014, investigators believe. Mr Whitehouse was shot on September 25th, 2014, shortly after dropping his six-year-old daughter to a nearby national school.
---
Mr Maughan said his son was a plumber by trade and at the time the economy dipped, he had moved to Balbriggan were he got involved with a gang while playing pool and darts.

“They used my son as a ghillie doing things for them,” he told RTÉ’s Liveline.
---
The day he went missing, he had went into shops in Balbriggan and bought up-to-date tools to start back to work at plumbing.”

Ms Varslavane, from Latvia, was killed because she was with him at the time, he believes.
---
Mr Maughan said he knows his son’s killers and that there was a “large number of people” involved. Gardaí told him they have “upgraded” the missing persons case to double murder based on “intelligence”, he said.

“I’m asking those people if they can see it in their hearts, look up at the sky at God looking down at them, clear their conscience and make the right phone call to the right people,” he said.

“They don’t have to identify themselves to do this, just say the right thing. I am asking those people to help me bury my son with his brother and Anna can get a Christian burial as well.”
---
The gang who killed Willie and Anna were suspected of being behind the digging up of Michael Bobby’s grave at Bohernabreena Cemetery in Tallaght in 2016, a day after the family had appealed for information about the killings.
---
Appealing to those who he says know the whereabouts of the couple’s remains, he said: “Just give us back the bodies if you know where they are - leave a mark or something and make a phone call.”

‘Just give us back the bodies’: Father’s appeal over son and his girlfriend missing since 2015

Three people arrested over suspected murder of couple in 2015

Gardaí investigating the disappearance and assumed murders of a couple five years ago have arrested three people.

Two men, aged in their 50s and 60s, and a woman in her 40s, were arrested during the pre-planned operation early on Wednesday morning. They were being held for questioning about the assumed murders of William Maughan and Anastasija Varslavane in April, 2015.

Four released after questioning over suspected murders of missing couple

Gardaí investigating the disappearance and assumed murder of a couple five years ago have released four suspects arrested earlier this week.

Investigating gardaí will now prepare files for the Director of Public Prosecutions, who will make a decision on prosecuting the case.
[...]
The four were released without charge on Friday morning, and a Garda spokeswoman said investigations were ongoing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back