CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Motive Still a Mystery in San Bernardino Shooting as Police Investigate Shooters
By Meghan Keneally
Dec 3, 2015, 10:51 AM ET

The two suspects in the California shooting that left 14 people dead and 17 others wounded Wednesday have been identified by police, but investigators are still grappling to determine a motive.

Officials have not ruled out terrorism, but emphasize that no motive has yet been discovered.

[...]

Suspected shooters Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik were fatally shot by police after a chase a few miles from the Inland Regional Center, where the attack occurred. Farook's brother-in-law said the pair got married two years ago, but police have not confirmed the nature of their relationship
Thread #1

Remember last night LE said they don't know where she is from? I wonder if she is really from SA or somewhere else.

MSNB Car was rented - they used the term ealier without specfics?

When is the press conference supposed to start and does anyone have a link?

:tyou: bessie for the new thread.... :gomods:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speakers will be: FBI, Chief of Police and SB Sheriff .

Emerging reports of terrorist links:

Killer couple's links to international terror: US-born gunman was 'in touch with known terror suspects and radicalized online' after 'wooing his Pakistani wife on devout Muslim pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia'

San Bernardino gunman Syed Farook met his Pakistani wife-turned-accomplice Tashfeen Malik while on the hajj in Saudi Arabia and appeared to be radicalized, law enforcement officials revealed this afternoon.

Investigators told CNN that Farook, a native US citizen of South Asian descent, was in touch by phone and via social media with more than one international terrorism subject ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...party-slaughtered-14-leaving-baby-mother.html

ADMIN NOTE:

There will be zero tolerance for religious debate, inflammatory comments, and insults aimed at other members.

Time Outs will be issued immediately, no questions asked.

If you see a post that violates TOS, ALERT on it, and WAIT! Don't ASSume that a mod has ignored the alert.

Emerging reports of terrorist links:

Killer couple's links to international terror: US-born gunman was 'in touch with known terror suspects and radicalized online' after 'wooing his Pakistani wife on devout Muslim pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia'

San Bernardino gunman Syed Farook met his Pakistani wife-turned-accomplice Tashfeen Malik while on the hajj in Saudi Arabia and appeared to be radicalized, law enforcement officials revealed this afternoon.

Investigators told CNN that Farook, a native US citizen of South Asian descent, was in touch by phone and via social media with more than one international terrorism subject ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...party-slaughtered-14-leaving-baby-mother.html

Thank you Logic, and welcome to WS. :)

Linked earlier he made 50K - of we look at whole deal there had to be funding help - from where who knows.

Another interesting thing MSNBC explained was that they will be able to compare bomb design to see if it is a recipe from ISIS

Beeper just came up on my computer (no idea how i made that happen) it said Male shooter was radicalized -- we are moving....

and again if we "remove" the offioce party and just pick up from the onsluaght I do not tthink the world would be confused at this point IMO

But then again the beep beep thing came from CNN so the news might really be nothing like that at all !!!!

San Bernardino, California (CNN)[Breaking news update at 12:13 p.m. ET]

San Bernardino shooter Syed Rizwan Farook was in touch over the phone and via social media with more than one international terrorism subject who the FBI were already investigating, law enforcement officials said.

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 21m21 minutes ago

More: #SanBernardino shooter Farook was in touch with terrorism subjects under FBI investigation, sources say.

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk

From my understanding of religions, there is no commonly recognized, long-standing religion (including Muslim) that espouses terrorism, violence, killing for the sake of killing just because. Some radical people will take whatever they've learned and then twist it into something completely different and then, in the name of their 'religion,' commit various atrocities. But that's not the same thing as the regular practicing members of any recognized religion (doesn't matter which religion be it Buddhism, Judiasm, Catholicism, Christianity, Muslim).

This particular mass murder may not have anything to do with other terrorists acts. Or maybe it absolutely does. I'm not going to assume anything. But I do feel confident in saying that the people who commit these crimes no more speak for the regular people who follow that particular religion than they would for anyone else. These monsters are the outliers, and although their numbers are growing, I think it's wrong to paint people who are not terrorists with the 'terrorist' brush.

Note: this is not a religious debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members