Newfoundland, Teen girl on " ugliest girl " list, takes on online bullies.

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...gliest-girl-list-takes-on-online-bullies.html

" Dec 03 2015

TORBAY, NFLD.—A teenager in Newfoundland and Labrador is garnering a lot of support after pushing back against online bullies.

Lynelle Cantwell of Torbay says she discovered her name on a poll posted on the website ******* called ‘Ugliest Girls in Grade 12.’

The anonymous poll sought to rank the girls based on their appearance and allowed people to leave anonymous comments."lynelle-cantwel.jpg

http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2015-12-02/article-4363061/Teen-triumphs-with-positive-post/1

"In the public post, Lynelle addresses the person who created the poll as well as those who voted for her. She says she doesn’t have any enemies in school, and has no idea who is behind the poll.

“I’m sorry that your life is so miserable that you have to try to bring others down,” she wrote. “I’m sorry that you don’t get to know me as a person. I know that I’m not the prettiest thing to look at. I know I have a double chin and I fit in XL clothes. I know I don’t have the perfect smile or the perfect face. But I’m sorry for you. Not myself. I’m sorry that you’ll never get the chance to know the kind of person I am. I may not look ok on the outside. But I’m funny, nice, kind, down-to-earth, not judgmental, accepting, helpful, and I’m super easy to talk to. That’s the same for every other girl on that list that you all put down. Just because we don’t look perfect on the outside does not mean we are ugly. If that’s your idea of ugly then I feel sorry for you. Like seriously? Get a life.”

As the mom of a teenage girl, it saddens me that kids place so much importance on physical appearance. There are a million things I'd rather my daughter be than "pretty". Good for this girl for standing up for herself. And she is a cute girl! What is wrong with these kids?

She's a cute girl. That was my first thought when opening tbe thre. She has an awesome reply too. Nice to see how she handled herself. She and her parents should be proud.

She is a pretty girl. What a bunch of low lifes. Do they still have grade 13 in Canada? She needs to graduate early and move on to college and hopefully meet more mature people her age.

A very kind, intelligent and attractive young lady, imo.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...ts-surprise-offer-to-attend-youth-summit.html

"Bullied Newfoundland teen gets surprise offer to attend youth summit
Lynelle Cantwell has been offered a free trip to attend four-day leadership conference after her open letter to her bully went viral."

snip>

"Cantwell said she still has no idea who created the poll, but she doesn’t want the culprit to get into too much trouble. Although the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary is looking into the incident, police don’t expect to lay any charges.

“To me, they’re young, they’re just starting their lives,” Cantwell said. “I don’t want them to get a criminal record and their life be over before it even started. The most I want to come out of this is a face-to-face apology to me and the other girls that were on the list
.”
rbbm.

She's already more famous than any of the losers who voted for her will ever be.

A very kind, intelligent and attractive young lady, imo.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...ts-surprise-offer-to-attend-youth-summit.html

"Bullied Newfoundland teen gets surprise offer to attend youth summit
Lynelle Cantwell has been offered a free trip to attend four-day leadership conference after her open letter to her bully went viral."

snip>

"Cantwell said she still has no idea who created the poll, but she doesn’t want the culprit to get into too much trouble. Although the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary is looking into the incident, police don’t expect to lay any charges.

“To me, they’re young, they’re just starting their lives,” Cantwell said. “I don’t want them to get a criminal record and their life be over before it even started. The most I want to come out of this is a face-to-face apology to me and the other girls that were on the list
.”
rbbm.

She's amazing!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member