AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makara

Former Member
Reaction score
Wynarka suitcase murder victim identified as Khandalyce Kiara Pearce;
her mother Karlie Pearce-Stevenson was also violently killed

20 October 2015

WpltXXj.jpg
mUXuad4.jpg

Khandalyce Kiara Pearce **************Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson

THE little girl whose body was found in a suitcase near Wynarka has been identified as Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, born in Alice Springs in 2006.

Her mother Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson was also brutally murdered, and dumped in Belanglo State Forest south of Sydney.

A joint investigation into their deaths has now been launched by SAPOL’s Major Crime Branch and the NSW Homicide Squad.

The circumstances and place of the murders is yet to be determined, but they were last seen in late 2008 and Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s skeletal remains were found in August 2010.

SA and NSW police today revealed that the breakthrough began on October 8 when a caller to Crime Stoppers said Khandalyce was possibly the little girl in the suitcase. The caller had not seen Khandalyce or Ms Pearce-Stevenson for some time and believed they were missing.

(more at the link)

ARREST.

Belanglo death: Detectives charge Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson acquaintance with murder

OCTOBER 29, 2015 9:44AM

DANIEL Holdom, 41, has appeared via video link at Maitland Court charged with the murder of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson.

His bail was refused and he was remanded in custody to appear at Sydney Central Local Court on November 12.

Police today have confirmed for the first time that ‘Belanglo Angel’ Karlie, 20, was killed before her daughter Khandalyce.

In a short press conference in Sydney this morning, police said Karlie was murdered between December 14 and 15, 2008, and that tragically her daughter was kept alive for some time after her murder.

It comes after an acquaintance of Karlie was charged with her murder.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Daniel Holdom was taken into custody at Cessnock police station by homicide detectives at 4.15pm yesterday.

He was charged with one count of murder late last night relating to the death of the 20-year-old mother — but has not been charged over the murder of her two-year-old daughter Khandalyce.

Read more

Grieving Pearce-Stevenson family's text

November 18, 2015, 3:29 pm

THE FULL TEXT RELEASED BY THE FAMILY OF KARLIE PEARCE-STEVENSON AND KHANDALYCE PEARCE:

"Throughout Australia (and particularly in South Australia) people were deeply saddened by the news that a young child had been found dead in a suitcase.

Their thoughts and prayers were for this nameless infant whose life apparently was stolen by person or persons unknown.

There were no fond memories to share; rather the prospect that a child would be buried unknown to those who loved her.

They ask, however, that no matter the rumour, innuendo and conjecture that all remember always that a mother and her child were needlessly and callously killed.

Read more.

Take Note: Daniel Holdom has been charged with the murder of Karlie Pearce Stevenson and the laws of sub judice now apply. This means that his case is under judicial consideration. His prior convictions are off limits here and any mention of them will be deleted immediately.

Do not post anything here that could be detrimental to the prosecution of this case. If there is anything you're unsure of, feel free to contact me privately.

Rules Etiquette & Information

AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie MEDIA/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1 Thread#2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8

Previous Wynarka threads:

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7

Mum's Thread#1

Brown is for a straighter route to Southern Adelaide..green to continue through to Northern Adelaide and is Blue a viable alternative to Southern Adelaide.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Which way through Wynarka travelling from Canberra or from up North.
Anyone drive these roads.

Attachments

• Balranald_Turn.jpg
    Balranald_Turn.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Close_In_Wynarka.jpg
    Close_In_Wynarka.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 25
  • which way_overall.jpg
    which way_overall.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 25
:bump:

Please continue the discussion here.

Just want to bring up an issue that has been bugging me for the last few months.. well before we knew any of the details we know today.
Why Wynarka?.. I know it has been asked many times before.
My question now is clarified thank you Plongi and you geoprofiling.
Karlee body in Belangalo = copy Milat
The obvious locations en route to Canberra for the residents of Adelaide (I am talking psychopaths in the vein of Karlee's murderer only) would be either Snowtown or Truro, both close to the most direct route. Why Wynarka.. not the same person who disposed of Karlee.. Definitely
My thoughts are someone who lived south or in the Hills of Adelaide. The Marion connection still has interest as it is a very Southern shopping centre..who took this photo is key.
Also I know a lot are going to hate me..but some person living north of the city, like in Daveron Park, is more likely to head north to dump a body... towards places like Truro and like..

Some might regard 'work for the dole' be classed as "unfortunate circumstances"?

Some might regard 'work for the dole' be classed as "unfortunate circumstances"?

Karlie wouldn't have had to work for the dole while she had such a young child though. My first thought about the group and the unfortunate circumstances was that it was court ordered community service of some sort.

Karlie wouldn't have had to work for the dole while she had such a young child though. My first thought about the group and the unfortunate circumstances was that it was court ordered community service of some sort.

Possibly a drink driving course?

Just want to bring up an issue that has been bugging me for the last few months.. well before we knew any of the details we know today.
The obvious locations en route to Canberra for the residents of Adelaide (I am talking psychopaths in the vein of Karlee's murderer only) would be either Snowtown or Truro, both close to the most direct route. Why Wynarka.. not the same person who disposed of Karlee.. Definitely
My thoughts are someone who lived south or in the Hills of Adelaide. The Marion connection still has interest as it is a very Southern shopping centre..who took this photo is key.
Also I know a lot are going to hate me..but some person living north of the city, like in Daveron Park, is more likely to head north to dump a body... towards places like Truro and like..

I noticed, in recent times there is much drug busting going on along the Karoonda Highway. Perhaps Wynarka is just on the way from A to B ...? Perhaps the "dumper" worked on 2 "jobs" at the same time? Only a thought.

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...service-area/murray-mallee-local-service-area

Wynarka does seem an odd spot based on the geographic info.

I think you are right to associate it with the Marion photos.
That's odd, geographically speaking, when all the known activity has been to the north of the city.
Why choose Marion as a meeting place?
I think the person she was meeting must be a southern suburbs local.

I live in the Hills and any trip heading east we would naturally go via Murray Bridge as a first point.
Yet from the northern suburbs that's not logical. You wouldn't travel through Murray Bridge if you started north of the city.

I'd say the dumper had to be familiar with Murray Bridge, Tailem Bend and the southern or Hills districts to have considered Wynarka a good spot to dump the suitcase.

Of course, that presupposes that there was some sort of forethought or planning. There may not have been.

Again sorry....I'm not sure how to do it....but can anyone bring over from the last thread the maps .being discussed. ...I hope its ok to discuss things from the last thread....I think the maps were great..IMO.

Unless the person who disposed of the suitcase which contained Karlie's remains discovered them somewhere by accident and, for their own reasons decided to dump them at Wynarka. Also, they may have been dumped there on someone's way out of town; who often filled vehicles up with fuel at a service station at Broadview SA.

I think Truro and Snowtown would be out be of context as a 'copycat' location for dumping the remains of a little girl as they were all adult victims. I wonder if there has ever been a case of another child's remains being found previously at or around the Wynarka area?

Also isn't Northview in the southern suburbs, near Broadview? What about Hillbank?

Possibly a drink driving course?

What about grief/trauma group counselling?

We don't know if Karlie had lost someone in an accident herself in her recent past.

May also have been a group like Al Anon. Relatives and friends of people with alcohol and drug problems can go to those meetings as well as the people abusing drugs and alcohol. Karlie may have been going as a friend or relative.

Now that's THE question isn't it!
It's such a ridiculous way to hide something that had been hidden so well for so long. But the contrasting position - it was dumped so it was found - is also not sitting right as the chances of identification were so very remote.

I think it was Puggle or Dutch Treat (please correct me if you can recall this - I searched past threads and can't find it) that posed:

- Wynarka dumping of suitcase was unintentional. The suitcase was in transit for whatever reason. The flashing lights of Roadworks (or some other stimuli -flat tyre, recent LE encounter, lost their nerve) caused someone to panic who dumped it.

- and that's why it makes very little sense - it wasn't a calculated choice

- and by sheer luck (or the powers of the universe - depending on which way you lean) that little girl with her nanna's quilt made her way to the edge of the road and finally the right person noticed, stopped and began the process of giving her back her name, finding her mum, and making her way home.

- and most importantly bringing the full force of the law on to the animals that did this, hid this, profited from this and some of whom still walk amongst us.

Let's just hope their time of freedom is running out and it's my preference they serve their time locked in a suitcase in a shed in the middle of nowhere...

IMO

Unless the person who disposed of the suitcase which contained Karlie's remains discovered them somewhere by accident and, for their own reasons decided to dump them at Wynarka. Also, they may have been dumped there on someone's way out of town; who often filled vehicles up with fuel at a service station at Broadview SA.

I think Truro and Snowtown would be out be of context as a 'copycat' location for dumping the remains of a little girl as they were all adult victims. I wonder if there has ever been a case of another child's remains being found previously at or around the Wynarka area?

Also isn't Northview in the southern suburbs, near Broadview? What about Hillbank?

Northview?

Do you mean Northfield, which is about 10 kilometres north-east of Adelaide city centre. Broadview is about 5mins from Northfield. Hillbank is Northern Suburbs.

later moving to wheelchair-friendly community housing in Northfield in Adelaide.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...fter-fatal-crash/story-e6frg6nf-1227598465326

:moo:

Now that's THE question isn't it!
It's such a ridiculous way to hide something that had been hidden so well for so long. But the contrasting position - it was dumped so it was found - is also not sitting right as the chances of identification were so very remote.

I think it was Puggle or Dutch Treat (please correct me if you can recall this - I searched past threads and can't find it) that posed:

- Wynarka dumping of suitcase was unintentional. The suitcase was in transit for whatever reason. The flashing lights of Roadworks (or some other stimuli -flat tyre, recent LE encounter, lost their nerve) caused someone to panic who dumped it.

- and that's why it makes very little sense - it wasn't a calculated choice

- and by sheer luck (or the powers of the universe - depending on which way you lean) that little girl with her nanna's quilt made her way to the edge of the road and finally the right person noticed, stopped and began the process of giving her back her name, finding her mum, and making her way home.

- and most importantly bringing the full force of the law on to the animals that did this, hid this, profited from this and some of whom still walk amongst us.

Let's just hope their time of freedom is running out and it's my preference they serve their time locked in a suitcase in a shed in the middle of nowhere...

IMO

The roadworks theory was posted by Bliss.

Very good IMO.

Again sorry....I'm not sure how to do it....but can anyone bring over from the last thread the maps .being discussed. ...I hope its ok to discuss things from the last thread....I think the maps were great..IMO.
I've copied the post to this thread. See post #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member