754 users online (97 members and 657 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Famed Kecksburg UFO incident turns 50

triblive.com:

UFO mystery turns 50 in Mt. Pleasant Township village

Jim Romansky waited 20 years before telling anyone that he was face-to-face with a UFO that crashed in the woods outside Kecksburg on Dec. 9, 1965.

“I didn't want to be a candidate for the hospital down the road,” said Romansky, 69, of Derry, a retired machinist who at 18, was one of the first firefighters on the scene.
    ---
    “If a flying saucer lands in my back yard and little green men come out, I won't even tell my neighbor,” said Romansky, who was ridiculed by some Kecksburg residents who didn't believe anything happened that night.

“Half of the town believes the UFO story, the other half doesn't,” he said.

For half a century that debate has split the town.
    ---
    Wiki:

Kecksburg UFO incident

Fascinating!
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Yes, I remember this one on Unsolved Mysteries and it's the most recent case on my top twelve classic UFO stories list. There's no good explanation for the events unless you think a bunch of people were just lying.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Yes, after Roswell, this is likely America's most important "close encounters of the first kind" site.

I live in the Western Pennsylvania area and I remember when this happened. As I recall the local news rather quickly dismissed it as being a meteor fragment.

I never knew until I read the link that the radio reporter who was at the scene prior to police arrival ended up being killed via a hit and run incident several years later.

And that so many of the records related to the incident turned up missing over the years.

Strange coincidences.........

Regarding the scientist who said the trees that were damaged "in a path" could have been damaged from an ice storm, I've seen tree damage caused by ice storms in that area several times in my life. It does not take place in any kind of "a path". It happens to wide swaths of trees. Like half a mountainside of trees, all broken off. It just does not happen in a manner that would create a path through a stand of trees.