941 users online (97 members and 844 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MsJosie View Post
    Why is their a lien on the house? I missed that! Thanks.
    IRS lien for $32K (for 2013 income tax I believe) which would have to be paid from proceeds of sale of the house.

The IRS placed a lien on the house for around $32,000 fairly recently. I'll try to locate where that is for you.

Due to not paying the property taxes.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post12281085

Quote Originally Posted by Riversinthedesert View Post
    IRS lien for $32K (for 2013 income tax I believe) which would have to be paid from proceeds of sale of the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeSleuth16 View Post

It wasn't for property taxes. It was for personal 1040 income taxes. Scroll down on the link given above to post #1.

Quote Originally Posted by howonkee View Post
    It wasn't for property taxes. It was for personal 1040 income taxes. Scroll down on the link given above to post #1.
    Correct. Sorry about that. I misread the Lein filing! ��

Quote Originally Posted by FightTheOstrich View Post
    Would MS be eligible for unemployment? How does that work when you kill your employer???
    Sorry. This made me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I'm sure MS received a paycheck. Long term he'd want to collect social security benefits and I'm sure MS needed his "own" money.
    Before he met and married TS, MS probably already worked long enough (reported wages) to meet the eligibility requirements for SS benefits.
    By age 27, I had enough credits to qualify for SS benefits for when I ultimately retire.

Quote Originally Posted by SeesSeas View Post
    Before he met and married TS, MS probably already worked long enough (reported wages) to meet the eligibility requirements for SS benefits.
    By age 27, I had enough credits to qualify for SS benefits for when I ultimately retire.
    Anyone born after 1929 is eligible after 10 years... Social security is calculated off an individual's best 35 earning years. I'm guessing he "earned" more working for his wife than as an LPN.

Typically an individual's wages aren't the greatest during the first ten years of employment.

It's fairly common for a small business owner to to pay his/her spouse a decent wage even if the spouse doesn't actually contribute a whole lot for a variety of financial reasons including social security benefits.
    Last edited by FightTheOstrich; 01-12-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeSleuth16 View Post

For not paying 2013 1040 (personal income tax) not property tax. Lots of people (sad but true) get liens filed against them for delinquent tax liabilities. And of course, it is a really big red flag for me.....who in a million years would want to ignore the IRS?? I could see it if he lost his job, family illness, divorce, drug addiction, or gambling issues etc. (That is usually what I have seen.) But, I have never encountered anyone who ever just said, "I don't want to pay it, even though I have 10's of thousands of dollars in cash, sitting in one of the FOUR safes in my home." (Insert "shaking my head in disbelief emoticon.")
    Perhaps I am seeing it differently than the average person. The guy has weapons, ammo, cash, coins all over the place....but doesn't pay his personal income taxes. The goal of tax protestor/survivalist types is to "stay below the radar" ...oh well, he is ON THE RADAR NOW!

Anyone born after 1929 is eligible after 10 years... Social security is calculated off an individual's best 35 earning years. I'm guessing he "earned" more working for his wife than as an LPN.

Typically an individual's wages aren't the greatest during the first ten years of employment.

It's fairly common for a small business owner to to pay his/her spouse a decent wage even if the spouse doesn't actually contribute a whole lot for a variety of financial reasons including social security benefits.
    For Social Security purposes, there would be no need to pay the spouse wages from the family business, especially if the spouse would eventually file for the SS spouse benefit at retirement.

If there was a financial ‘plan’, I’m guessing that MS would expect to receive the SS higher spouse benefit:
    https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/3401...ement-benefits
    If you are eligible for both your own retirement benefits and for benefits as a spouse, we always pay your own benefits first. If your benefits as a spouse are higher than your own retirement benefits, you will get a combination of benefits equaling the higher spouse benefit.

And, as a widower, MS can get spouse survivor benefits at age 60…. if he doesn't remarry, if TS has qualified for the benefits, and if MS is a free man:
    https://www.socialsecurity.gov/plann...rs/ifyou2.html
    If you are the widow or widower of a person who worked long enough under Social Security, you can:

• receive full benefits at full retirement age for survivors or reduced benefits as early as age 60.

I don't think the IRS can take the home. If he sells, we the people get his money vias the IRS. Does interest accumulate?

He needs to be on a payment plan right now, but I imagine the different monies he has coming in cannot be attached

Quote Originally Posted by Riversinthedesert View Post
    He coulda/shoulda paid it from the $40k cash LE found in the house.

------------ I copied the following from homeguides.sfgate.com/happens-irs-puts-lien-house-8010.html:

If you do not pay your tax debt, the IRS may foreclose on your property at any point during the 10-year period in which the lien is valid. If you stop paying your mortgage, and your primary mortgage lender opts to foreclose on the property, the IRS may “redeem” your home by paying your mortgage lender the amount you owed on your mortgage. It then legally owns the property and any equity you built in the home over time with your mortgage payments.
    Last edited by FelicityLemon; 01-13-2016 at 01:26 AM.
    ...Detective Owens said the driver is not a suspect in the case...
    snippet from washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/20/suspect-in-dc-mansion-slayings-due-back-in-court

Follow the Money.... it was all in the safes.
    I doubt those tubes are gold coins. I see a lot of silver bars and silver coins, but I can't tell for sure if the yellow ones are gold plated silver, bad lighting/reflection, or is really gold. How many coins in a tube?

The bank envelopes lined up photo is very interesting to me, too.

I never thought the 40K was real, but now I do believe that's likely the total value of the cash, old money & precious metals. The safe contents also appear to me to have the mindset of a "prepper." And his office makes me think he is a hoarder. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by KateB View Post
    Follow the Money.... it was all in the safes.
    I doubt those tubes are gold coins. I see a lot of silver bars and silver coins, but I can't tell for sure if the yellow ones are gold plated silver, bad lighting/reflection, or is really gold. How many coins in a tube?

The bank envelopes lined up photo is very interesting to me, too.

I never thought the 40K was real, but now I do believe that's likely the total value of the cash, old money & precious metals. The safe contents also appear to me to have the mindset of a "prepper." And his office makes me think he is a hoarder. IMO.
    Hoarder, prepper, maybe some drugs..throw in a dash of mental illness...I know.. no one is going to want to go there. Thinking the "motive" could be a little more complicated then we know. I guess because I see sloppy house, sloppy murder plan...who in their right mind hires their best friend who has a criminal record and is a murder suspect in another case to kill their wife.

Helper, can you lend any personal insights or gut feelings you are having now after seeing some of the evidence?

You knew her... what is going through your head right now. I want to know what your intuition is telling you. TIA- Frigga

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast