1185 users online (213 members and 972 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigga View Post
    Helper, can you lend any personal insights or gut feelings you are having now after seeing some of the evidence?

You knew her... what is going through your head right now. I want to know what your intuition is telling you. TIA- Frigga
    Since we are on the follow the money thread...as I see all this money stashed away it is confirmation for me that what I sensed about her being
    "up against it financially" is probable true. I wonder if she knew about all this cash in the house. We never talked about MS. I have known some woman who were very assertive at work and then went home and played a more subservient role to their husbands...I don't know if this is the case or not. Personal friends and family would know better. It's a challenge using my intuition on Teresa's case because my mind is always trying to fill in the blanks with what it knows about her...if that makes sense. Thank you for the question...I'll continue to toss in my 2 cents when I see something that stands out to me...

MS is beneficiary of TS’s IRA

MS is beneficiary of TS’s IRA. I am not knowledgeable about IRA distributions to beneficiaries.

Here are some details I found in Doc Dump 2 –
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B71...w?pref=2&pli=1
    Note: Some BATES numbers are not sequential.

Jackson National Life Insurance Company
    IRA Policy 1013700636
    Contract Plan Type: Individual Retirement Annuity
    Issue Date: June 21, 2013

BATES 3980 - $123,212.63 transferred from UBS Financial Services to Jackson Life Insurance Company via check dated 6/19/13)

Jackson Life Insurance Company - IRA Policy 1013700636:
    BATES 3987 - POLICY SUMMARY SHEET – Beneficiary: Mark D Sievers
    BATES 3997 - CONTRACT DATA PAGE – Beneficiary: Mark D Sievers
    BATES 4024 - IRA ENDORSEMENT –Distributions After Death - Section 8.
    BATES 4035 – IRA DISCLOSURE STATEMENT - Distributions After Death - Section 13. (has essentially same detail as BATES 4024)
    BATES 4171 - Death Benefit Value – The amount paid to the beneficiary upon the death of the Owner.
    BATES 4180 - 6/30/15 Account Value $132,294.25
    BATES 4182 - 6/30/15 Death Benefit Value $132,294.25

Thanks SeesSeas.
    I wonder if there if is anything preventing MS from collecting his beneficiary benefit?
    ​Blessed are they with nothing to say and the wisdom not to say it.

Teghan Alyssa Skiba - never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by FelicityLemon View Post
    He coulda/shoulda paid it from the $40k cash LE found in the house.

------------ I copied the following from homeguides.sfgate.com/happens-irs-puts-lien-house-8010.html:

If you do not pay your tax debt, the IRS may foreclose on your property at any point during the 10-year period in which the lien is valid. If you stop paying your mortgage, and your primary mortgage lender opts to foreclose on the property, the IRS may “redeem” your home by paying your mortgage lender the amount you owed on your mortgage. It then legally owns the property and any equity you built in the home over time with your mortgage payments.
    Please keep in mind. The Irs will not foreclose his home because there is no longer any equity there and other lien holders have to get paid as well. Jmo.

So if the house doesn't sell because it's too expensive in regards to the banks. Then his home will not sell and the irs will not get there money. Jmo.

The irs gets his net from the sale. But they can't intercept the bank that made the sale.

Jmo.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Btw. The irs can only take from his net money from a sale. Because the bank that owns the home gets their money first and they don't share it with the irs if the home sells for the exact amount or less. Then the irs can only take from any net profit that Mark may have made.

Jmo. Unless you outright own your home. Or you have plenty of equity that is guaranteed to get the irs their money. Then they usually wait until you pay them. Jmo
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Re: Being a beneficiary of an IRA

Think of this as a bank account as opposed to a life insurance policy. The fact that the husband is suspected in her death would not change the legality of him being entitled to collect the IRA funds if he was the named beneficiary on the account.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    Re: Being a beneficiary of an IRA

Think of this as a bank account as opposed to a life insurance policy. The fact that the husband is suspected in her death would not change the legality of him being entitled to collect the IRA funds if he was the named beneficiary on the account.
    Yes. MS, as beneficiary of TS’s IRA, would be entitled to the funds in the IRA account. But, not instant access.
    The IRA isn’t like a bank account because there isn’t immediate access to the funds in the account.
    IRA withdrawals must follow distribution guidelines.

If someone wants to analyze the IRA distribution specifics to a beneficiary, details are on:
    BATES 4024 - IRA ENDORSEMENT –Distributions After Death - Section 8.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B71...w?pref=2&pli=1

I’m not able to do a screen shot of this page from my computer. Maybe someone else can post an image of the page.

Are these legible? I shrank them a little.
    ebOejFb.jpgXb5l7EW.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KateB View Post
    Are these legible? I shrank them a little.
    Yes, KateB. Perfect size... When I click the pages, I can read them easily (with my glasses).
    (The images GREW in my reply)
    Last edited by KateB; 01-15-2016 at 09:23 AM. Reason: remove quoted photos.

IRS info & publications re fed tax liens

Many intricacies w liens, like IRS filed re taxes due w MS & TS' 2013 personal return.
    IRS publications are good starting points for understanding process and taxpayer options. (snooze)

"Publication 594, The IRS Collection Process" (PDF) at p.5
    "Collection actions in detail Federal tax lien: A legal claim against property
    A lien is a legal claim against all your current and future property.
    When you don’t pay your first bill for taxes due, a lien is created by law and attaches to your property. It applies to property (such as your home and car) and to any current and future rights you have to property. Notice of Federal Tax Lien: Provides public notice to creditors that a lien exists A Notice of Federal Tax Lien gives public notice to creditors. We file the Notice of Federal Tax Lien so we can establish the priority of our claim versus the claims of other creditors. The Notice of Federal Tax Lien is filed with local or state authorities, such as county recorder of deeds or the Secretary of State offices...." [^ bbm, not just house]

Besides paying all taxes (& penalties, int, etc), taxpayers have other ways to get rid of lien listed in -
    https://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small...deral-Tax-Lien

"Discharge of property"
    "
    A "discharge" removes the lien from specific property... several...(IRC) provisions that determine eligibility...
    Publication 783, Instructions on How to Apply for Certificate of Discharge From Federal Tax Lien (PDF)

"Subordination"
    "Subordination" does not remove the lien, but allows other creditors to move ahead of the IRS, which may make it easier to get a loan or mortgage.
    Publication 784, Instructions on How to Apply for a Certificate of Subordination of Federal Tax Lien (PDF)"

"Withdrawal"
    "A "withdrawal" removes the public Notice of Federal Tax Lien and assures that the IRS is not competing with other creditors for your property; however, you are still liable for the amount due. ... Form 12277, Application for the Withdrawal of Filed Form 668(Y), Notice of Federal Tax Lien (Internal Revenue Code Section 6323(j)) (PDF)"

Last edited by al66pine; 01-14-2016 at 11:39 PM.

Re: Cash-only Practice

Quote Originally Posted by al66pine View Post
    ^ snipped for focus
    Does the phrase cash-only medical practice mean currency (bills, greenbacks) only? IDTS but could be wrong.

IIUC, it means the medical services provider does not submit claims for services to medical ins co's, to HMOs, to Medicare or Medicaid, or to third parties. Means no credit, that provider does not perform a service then allow a pt to make monthly or weekly payments afterward. Means payment is due when service is provided.

Seems a cash-only practice could accept as payment - Master CC, Visa CC, Master debit cards, Visa debit cards, personal checks, money orders.

W. that interp (if true), seems some/many/most(?) patients would pay by one of ^ those, not w currency.

But as AlwaysShocked noted, IRS may very well have been put MS & TS's 1040 return under the microscope. JM2cts.
    I was a patient of Dr. Sievers for 5 plus years and I always paid with my VISA. You had the option of Check, Credit Card or Cash.

Quote Originally Posted by SeesSeas View Post
    Yes, KateB. Perfect size... When I click the pages, I can read them easily (with my glasses).
    (The images GREW in my reply)
    Yes, this version of Vbulletin is goofy with photos, thumbnails and attachments and how they sometimes are large, sometimes they are thumbnails, sometimes they display twice, and sometimes they change after a period of time.

Here's another project we're working on...putting the crime scene pdf photos back into individual jpg photos. Keep your eye on this folder, we'll be adding the rest, rotating, sorting, and resorting the more graphic ones into topical folders for some sort of organization. That should make it easier to save, resize, zoom in and crop to add to your posts. First 500 are up. We'll probably finish the rest over the long holiday weekend coming up.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...jNJU2JYclg5Mk0

Yes, this version of Vbulletin is goofy with photos, thumbnails and attachments and how they sometimes are large, sometimes they are thumbnails, sometimes they display twice, and sometimes they change after a period of time.

Here's another project we're working on...putting the crime scene pdf photos back into individual jpg photos. Keep your eye on this folder, we'll be adding the rest, rotating, sorting, and resorting the more graphic ones into topical folders for some sort of organization. That should make it easier to save, resize, zoom in and crop to add to your posts. First 500 are up. We'll probably finish the rest over the long holiday weekend coming up.

This is great!

I am amazed at that new image thread! Great job and many many thanks for the time and effort that was put into making that thread a reality! I somehow missed a lot of pictures. Poor Dr. P..... who knew that by him doing a "favor" for a f.r.i.e.n.d. < using THAT term very loosely... would throw him into a murder for hire case that would be broadcast all over the National news! I honestly feel so sorry for this man AND his wife. Sounds to me like nothing is going to be off limits with this investigation. Personal PRIVATE life won't be so private anymore, and that's very unfortunate for all the victims MS has left in his wake.

KateB. Thanks so much to you and others for working on the pictures. I can now see them...and they are right side up, clear and easier for me to blow up....and I missed some of the pictures before! We all appreciate this work, it takes time. A big thank you!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast