1170 users online (177 members and 993 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 300
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by jggordo View Post
    I believe that CWW had been given the "master" code or knew it. The master code is used to add or delete other codes. He knew the code being used by MS's Mother. By going first thing in the morning at 6:07 AM and disarming the alarm, CWW could make her code no longer work. When she arrived later she did not understand
    why it was unset, but upon leaving could not set it. She called Mark and he said leave it unset. He knew CWW had already been there.
    Also, I think CWW would want to do a dress rehearsal with JR as soon as they arrived in Florida and before neighbours were out and about.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by jggordo View Post
    I believe that CWW had been given the "master" code or knew it. The master code is used to add or delete other codes. He knew the code being used by MS's Mother. By going first thing in the morning at 6:07 AM and disarming the alarm, CWW could make her code no longer work. When she arrived later she did not understand
    why it was unset, but upon leaving could not set it. She called Mark and he said leave it unset. He knew CWW had already been there.

    JMO's
    The above is incorrect. BS arrived at 7:45 am and the alarm was not activated. She set the alarm upon her departure. BS then came back later in the day for her second visit around 4pm, deactivated the alarm and then could not reactivate it as she was leaving. Would it be possible for someone to change her code while she was in the home for the 30 or so minutes it took to feed and let the dog out?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    195
    I'm 98% certain my security company showed me how to do this from a my computer when they were installing the system. I've never done it but I remember them mentioning it while we were going over the settings on the computer.

    Quote Originally Posted by sleuther317 View Post
    The above is incorrect. BS arrived at 7:45 am and the alarm was not activated. She set the alarm upon her departure. BS then came back later in the day for her second visit around 4pm, deactivated the alarm and then could not reactivate it as she was leaving. Would it be possible for someone to change her code while she was in the home for the 30 or so minutes it took to feed and let the dog out?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    My Imagination
    Posts
    2,613
    Quote Originally Posted by lstiff View Post
    This is the part that does not make sense to me at all. Why go to the house and disable the alarm that early? BS armed it after she left at 8 am (which BTW freaks me out b/c she could have gotten herself killed too) so what was the purpose of that? To see if they could disable it? It wasn't to stage the house b/c BS didn't notice anything different. I'm so curious about the 6:00 am visit to disable the alarm.

    IMO
    Maybe to show later that the alarm was malfunctioning. "See, it had problems this morning, too!"
    ...Detective Owens said the driver is not a suspect in the case...
    snippet from washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/20/suspect-in-dc-mansion-slayings-due-back-in-court

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,246

    The Alarm/Security System

    Apologies in advance to everyone for length, but I'm obsessed with the alarm.

    What we know:

    Alarm disarmed by BS code at 6AM.
    BS arrived at 745AM, the house is 'secure' (locked) but the alarm is not activated.
    BS activated the alarm at 8AM.
    BS deactivates the alarm at 4PM, cannot reactivate alarm sometime later - no exact time confirmed IIRC.

    We also know BS called MS when her code failed on the 28th, so records will corroborate timing. My guess is something happened to BS's code remotely before 4PM. Or, MS was able to set some kind of destruction time for her individual code, preset expiration time when the user code was created. Statewide must have records of any and all changes to user accounts and LE has those records. In the investigative report, one of the items LE wanted to discuss with (an uncooperative) MS, information regarding any and all user accounts/codes on the security system. Probably setting a trap, asking questions they already have answers to...but why would LE be curious about how MS would answer that specific question?

    What I would love to know about this particular alarm:

    - Is it possible to tailor account permissions for individual user codes? Could MS/CWW revoke permission on BS's account code from arming the system, but leave as is for disarming?
    - If BS's user profile was completely deleted remotely (before 4PM by MS) or on site (at 6AM by CWW) how did she rearm the system at 8AM?
    - When was the BS user account created?

    BS was the alarm fail scapegoat. MS needed the alarm to fail (user error) to support the intruder/break in narrative. The investigative report stated that CWW made entry with BS's code at 6AM to start staging the scene. I doubt CWW/JR staged the break in on the garage door at 6AM, and the rest of the home remained 'unmolested'. IMO, the staging was BS's code not properly activating the alarm at 6AM. And MS, genius he is, thought BS would assume responsibility for being at Jarvis by 6AM if her code was used at 6AM. Maybe BS just happened to be running late that morning and usually stops by around 6:30AM, closer to the staged time.

    Lastly, if MS dropped TS at the airport between 3-4PM, maybe TS was present for BS's call to MS and aware of the alarm issue. If she wasnot aware, why didn't MS warn TS that the alarm was off. MOO since I would be freaked out coming home to an empty home that is supposed to be alarmed but unexplainably, is not.

    ETA on pg. 6 of the investigative report, BS Interview #1:
    Alarm not armed on the 26th, the day the family left for CT. BS assumed they were in a rush, didn't think anything of it. Alarm not armed in the afternoon on the 27th.
    Last edited by KateB; 12-05-2015 at 09:57 PM. Reason: remove quoted post.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingskills View Post
    Apologies in advance to everyone for length, but I'm obsessed with the alarm.

    What we know:

    Alarm disarmed by BS code at 6AM.
    BS arrived at 745AM, the house is 'secure' (locked) but the alarm is not activated.
    BS activated the alarm at 8AM.
    BS deactivates the alarm at 4PM, cannot reactivate alarm sometime later - no exact time confirmed IIRC.

    We also know BS called MS when her code failed on the 28th, so records will corroborate timing. My guess is something happened to BS's code remotely before 4PM. Or, MS was able to set some kind of destruction time for her individual code, preset expiration time when the user code was created. Statewide must have records of any and all changes to user accounts and LE has those records. In the investigative report, one of the items LE wanted to discuss with (an uncooperative) MS, information regarding any and all user accounts/codes on the security system. Probably setting a trap, asking questions they already have answers to...but why would LE be curious about how MS would answer that specific question?

    What I would love to know about this particular alarm:

    - Is it possible to tailor account permissions for individual user codes? Could MS/CWW revoke permission on BS's account code from arming the system, but leave as is for disarming?
    - If BS's user profile was completely deleted remotely (before 4PM by MS) or on site (at 6AM by CWW) how did she rearm the system at 8AM?
    - When was the BS user account created?

    BS was the alarm fail scapegoat. MS needed the alarm to fail (user error) to support the intruder/break in narrative. The investigative report stated that CWW made entry with BS's code at 6AM to start staging the scene. I doubt CWW/JR staged the break in on the garage door at 6AM, and the rest of the home remained 'unmolested'. IMO, the staging was BS's code not properly activating the alarm at 6AM. And MS, genius he is, thought BS would assume responsibility for being at Jarvis by 6AM if her code was used at 6AM. Maybe BS just happened to be running late that morning and usually stops by around 6:30AM, closer to the staged time.

    Lastly, if MS dropped TS at the airport between 3-4PM, maybe TS was present for BS's call to MS and aware of the alarm issue. If she wasnot aware, why didn't MS warn TS that the alarm was off. MOO since I would be freaked out coming home to an empty home that is supposed to be alarmed but unexplainably, is not.

    ETA on pg. 6 of the investigative report, BS Interview #1:
    Alarm not armed on the 26th, the day the family left for CT. BS assumed they were in a rush, didn't think anything of it. Alarm not armed in the afternoon on the 27th.
    I agree the alarm is very important, if it can be shown exactly how it was done it could be proof that MS was directly involved in the hit. For example, if it can be shown he logged in to the security system and messed with her code so that she was unable to reset the alarm.

    What confuses me is, if they were so smart, the 6 am entry just comes across as dumb, it jumped out as a big red flag to LE. Did the perps not realize LE would find it and ask BS about it?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    9,980
    BS has not given BS ...a la Cindy Anthony

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Satchie View Post
    I agree the alarm is very important, if it can be shown exactly how it was done it could be proof that MS was directly involved in the hit. For example, if it can be shown he logged in to the security system and messed with her code so that she was unable to reset the alarm.

    What confuses me is, if they were so smart, the 6 am entry just comes across as dumb, it jumped out as a big red flag to LE. Did the perps not realize LE would find it and ask BS about it?
    I think MS assumed BS would be blamed for the 6AM entry. Or that LE would view the 6AM deactivation as proof of a malfunctioning alarm system, perhaps specific to BS's user code and activation.

    MS was obviously doing something to gaslight his mother, making her think she forgot to activate the system and/or there was a problem with the alarm turning off, randomly. In earlier interview with LE, BS stated she may have forgotten to arm the system on the afternoon of the 27th, I'm assuming she did remember because the system was disarmed at 6AM on the 28th, per LE.

    ETA: Do we think CWW had a key to the open the door to the laundry room from the garage? A key could be mailed.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by atthelake View Post
    BS has not given BS ...a la Cindy Anthony
    I'll give her credit for adamantly denying she was at the house at 6AM.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Bonita Springs, FL
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by FelicityLemon View Post


    You're too funny FL..

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    where the big sharks come to play
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingskills View Post
    I think MS assumed BS would be blamed for the 6AM entry. Or that LE would view the 6AM deactivation as proof of a malfunctioning alarm system, perhaps specific to BS's user code and activation.

    MS was obviously doing something to gaslight his mother, making her think she forgot to activate the system and/or there was a problem with the alarm turning off, randomly. In earlier interview with LE, BS stated she may have forgotten to arm the system on the afternoon of the 27th, I'm assuming she did remember because the system was disarmed at 6AM on the 28th, per LE.

    ETA: Do we think CWW had a key to the open the door to the laundry room from the garage? A key could be mailed.
    Creeping skills--that is very astute of you to realize the psychological modus of "gas lighting". You are correct & I bet MS has been doing this for a long time because it works for him (at least he thinks it does from his psychopathic narcissistic perspective). To him, people are all pawns used for his gain.
    Gas lighting will slowly destroy people's minds, confidence, & beliefs in reality. It creates chaos in the world of those who are toyed with that strategy.
    "Gas lighting" is a very powerful psychological weapon, especially if used over time.

    Of course, all moo
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

    This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,387
    That poor old dog Lucy was basically frisked. Made for interesting reading. Wait until we have forensics to ponder in this case- the site will explode with opinions.
    Just another thought on the alarm code as creepingskills has me pondering this- I wonder if the code is predetermined to work for a given set of times. For example- whoever sets it predicts it will verify the code #20 attempts. Just an idea.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #28
    I wonder it the police have thought to check to see if MS disarmed the security alarm with his cell phone? I have an app on my phone that I can use to arm or disarm my office alarm from wherever I am at. Just a thought.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    354
    Bates Page #6

    The alarm wasn't even on when BS arrived to feed the pets on the 26th.
    With an alleged 40,000 dollars in the house you would think they would turn the alarm on when they left for the airport.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,364
    What's $40,000 when you're about to cash in on millions in life insurance...

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Alarm
    By BethAnn777 in forum Darlie Routier
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2014, 11:11 PM
  2. The Alarm
    By SuziQ in forum Annie Le
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 10:12 PM
  3. Woman's chastity belt set off airport security alarm
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:35 AM

Tags for this Thread