652 users online (68 members and 584 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

The Life Insurance Policies on Dr. Sievers

breakdown of the life insurance

http://www.news-press.com/story/news...der/76554968/\

7 things to know:The Sievers murder

Mark Sievers told investigators he and his wife had $2.5 million life insurance policies. Authorities, however, found five policies for her: $300,000 from State Farm; $2.5 million and $500,000 from Ohio National Life; $1 million from Prudential Life; $133,342.84 from Jackson National Life. The arrest affidavit lists Hartford Business General Liability but doesn’t list an amount.

Yes, can someone estimate what it would cost monthly for all of the life insurance policies.

Quote Originally Posted by OC Sunshine View Post
    Yes, can someone estimate what it would cost monthly for all of the life insurance policies.
    I think it depends on the age/health of the insured.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

From what we've read, she was a viral 46 yr. girl who was healthy, active, etc; so premium would be low.

Last edited by KateB; 12-05-2015 at 11:23 PM. Reason: remove quoted post.

Quote Originally Posted by irishchook View Post
    I think it depends on the age/health of the insured.

It does. I believe it als depends on the state you live in. Just to give you an idea, I handle my BIL's estate and pay his insurance. He is a single, healthy male. 50 yrs old. Lives in NY. I pay approx. $300 pr month per $500,000 policy.
    IMO JMO
    -------------------------------------------
    Find Heather
    Find Eric Lee Franks
    https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks?ref=bookmarks

"Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one." Mikayoyo

Honestly, not much. I'd assume they're term policies and given good health, it's probably at most $100 to $200 a month

I figured there was a life insurance policy. My only surprise so far is that there was so many policies. IF they are all make to MS which I assume they are, what happens to the money if he is arrested and convicted? Will the insurance have to pay out to TS next of kin?

Quote Originally Posted by concernedmother View Post
    I figured there was a life insurance policy. My only surprise so far is that there was so many policies. IF they are all make to MS which I assume they are, what happens to the money if he is arrested and convicted? Will the insurance have to pay out to his next of kin?
    I think we will come to find out that MS fraudulently obtained at least one of those policies.

Oh I will bet that all but 1 were fraudulently gotten Insurance policies. Theresa was young and healthy- I think more than 1 policy in and of itself would have been a red flag for her.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedmother View Post
    I figured there was a life insurance policy. My only surprise so far is that there was so many policies. IF they are all make to MS which I assume they are, what happens to the money if he is arrested and convicted? Will the insurance have to pay out to TS next of kin?
    There is likely a contingent beneficiary listed--e.g., another relative or a trust for the kids. If not, the $ would go to her estate and ultimately to the kids.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

$5 million in life insurance...and the first thing he does is set up a fund me page. Geeeez.

Doesn't seem right that an insurance company should have to pay out in a murder, somehow. She should have lived another forty or so years. But jmo.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzDuJour View Post
    $5 million in life insurance...and the first thing he does is set up a fund me page. Geeeez.
    The stupidity is astounding with this one

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Frigga View Post
    Oh I will bet that all but 1 were fraudulently gotten Insurance policies. Theresa was young and healthy- I think more than 1 policy in and of itself would have been a red flag for her.
    It's not that uncommon to have multiple life insurance policies (at least that's what my spouse assures me ). I have three that I know of, and he has the same. The higher the standard of living, often correlates with more insurance, e.g. more income to replace. Neither one of us have anything approaching the multiple millions present in this case, but we both have enough to have eyebrows raised at the other if one of us, God forbid, died in suspicious circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Doesn't seem right that an insurance company should have to pay out in a murder, somehow. She should have lived another forty or so years. But jmo.
    She should have.

Insurance has to pay the death benefit. Can you imagine the problems if they just decide when they will and won't pay? If I fall down the steps and break my neck, they can't decide, well, I was always a clutz, I should have held on tighter to that hand rail. No check for your beneficiaries, Ms. Can't-walk-across-the-room-without-falling-over.

You can't collect on a policy where you killed someone, of course. And if he falsified anything in the applications, that could lead to a policy being voided. But why punish the kids because Dad is a killer?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. --- The Tick

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast