1052 users online (201 members and 851 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - Chanykque Collier, 14, Feb 2006

Chanykque Collier went to school Sept. 12 and hasn't been seen since, NewsChannel5 reported.

Her mother is worried because she hasn't called any of her friends and she's never run away before.

"Maybe she can just call home and let me know that she's OK. Please, I just need to see her face," her mother, Dana Collier, said.

Chanykque is 5 feet, 2 inches tall and weighs about 150 pounds and has a scar on her left temple.
    http://www.newsnet5.com/news/5005488/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I don't know if anyone would recognize her from that picture. They need to show a picture that really shows her face. The article also doesn't say what she was wearing...did she go to school and then leave afterwards...not go at all...did she have a boyfriend, etc, etc. Why do these articles not give any information if they want the public's help for pity sake!
    I hope this girl just went to a friends's home or something simple like that.

There should be a show like "America's Most Wanted" only for missing children. I don't think that people realize how many people of all ages there are missing. They could do a little segment on each person...make them real to the public. They could do a certain number a couple times a week. Lord only knows that something has to be done to get all of the missings faces and storys out there.

The link in the OP is still active. The date of that disappearance is SEP 12, 2005.

In a PDF from the missing children's clearing house state of OH Attn Gen office publication Chanykque is listed again as missing however the date missing is listed as: Feb 22, 2006.

So IMHO it appears she was recovered initially and then disappeared again in feb of 2006.

I can't find any docs to support that she has been recovered this second time. However, her DOB of is listed on the PDF and it shows she turned 18 this past July. She might start showing up in public databases soon.

Link to PDF~ page of interest is #98

http://www.mcc.ag.state.oh.us/pdf/stats_spring_2006.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    I don't know if anyone would recognize her from that picture. They need to show a picture that really shows her face. The article also doesn't say what she was wearing...did she go to school and then leave afterwards...not go at all...did she have a boyfriend, etc, etc. Why do these articles not give any information if they want the public's help for pity sake!
    I hope this girl just went to a friends's home or something simple like that.

There should be a show like "America's Most Wanted" only for missing children. I don't think that people realize how many people of all ages there are missing. They could do a little segment on each person...make them real to the public. They could do a certain number a couple times a week. Lord only knows that something has to be done to get all of the missings faces and storys out there.
    East Cleveland has a very, very high poverty rate. It is possible this was the only recent photo the mom had of her daughter.

I pray that she is found safely and the problems she is running away from can be fixed.