DE - Matthew Bagwell Charged With Raping 6-Year-Old Boy, 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Police said 18-year-old Matthew Bagwell was babysitting the child and his four siblings when the rape took place.

Police were called to the scene by the mother of the children after her 12-year-old told her what happened.
http://www.nbc10.com/news/5005996/detail.html

That poor little boy. The babysitter makes me sick.

:furious: :furious:

cut his nads off and put him in jail. I am so tired of this behavior from men. If they cannot live in society, them take them out of it.

Teen held on rape charge; Allegedly assaulted 6-year-old boy while babysitting
By Kate House-Layton, Delaware State News

SMYRNA — A Smyrna teen was arrested Tuesday in connection with the alleged rape of a 6-year-old boy he was babysitting.

The teen was babysitting five children, ages 1 to 12, for a neighbor in the McLane Gardens apartment complex in Smyrna when the alleged incident took place, said Smyrna Police Department spokesman Lt. Norman Wood.

Police were called to McLane Gardens Tuesday, Lt. Wood said, after a report of the alleged assault.

The teen, a friend of the boy's family, went to the Smyrna police station Tuesday and asked to speak to an officer, Lt. Wood said.

After questioning, police charged Matthew J. Bagwell, 18, of 706 McLane Gardens, Smyrna, with first-degree rape and five counts of endangering the welfare of a child, Lt. Wood said.

He was committed to Delaware Correctional Center near Smyrna in default of $53,000 secured bond, Lt. Wood said.

According to court records, the Bagwell teen told police he was in a bedroom with the children watching television while their mother was not at home.

He told police he was lying on the bed with the victim when the alleged assault occurred, court records said.

The boy's siblings, ages 3, 2 and 1, also were lying on the bed and the boy's 12-year-old brother was on the floor during the alleged assault, court records said.

The boy was treated and released from Bayhealth-Kent General Hospital in Dover on Tuesday and is back at home with his family, Lt. Wood said.

Joseph Smack, a spokesman for the state Division of Family Services, said the agency did some initial work on the case and the child likely will be interviewed by the children's advocacy center, a nonprofit agency in Delaware with offices in all three counties.

http://www.newszap.com/articles/2005/09/21/dm/sussex_county/dsn01.txt

This is outrageous. Life in a psychiatric ward. The next time he'll kill his victim.

Used to be I thought, well if my kids were together nothing will happen. No one will assault one child, while the other is there. Well, my blinders have been removed! 5 kids, the oldest was 12! And the perv still assaulted the child!

In my opinion there is something that is wrong about boys babysitting. I also don't like men in childcare settings at all.

So he raped the little boy in front of the others! What a sicko! Gardenmom, I understand your fear of men in child care situations but a GOOD man can be such a positive influence on a child that I'm hesitant to agree with you. In fact, such men are sought for in the Big Brothers/Big Sisters Organization and I support that program 100%. I just wish we could TELL the good from the bad!

According to Vinelink, Matthew Bagwell's status is: Unsupervised Custody. No idea how long he has been out. Will see if I can find some court records.

unsuperviesed custody? huh?

i actually have no clue what that means. it sounds like he's in jail with no guards????????

It generally means parole or probation with no supervision. In other words, nada.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back