Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
Fatal Head Injury - Lancaster County - 5 Dec 2015

Defendant:

Andre Maurice Shelton Jr. :: Black / Male / 27 Years Old

Deceased:

Anthony C. Hunter Jr. :: Black / Male / 26 Years Old

Lancaster Township, & County, are in South-Eastern, PA.

Day 6

Thu., Dec. 10th: Lancaster-Online© :

http://lancasteronline.com/news/loc...cle_7d7674f2-9e97-11e5-bd03-c7098bfafdee.html :

Cause Of Death: Traumatic Brain Injury

Manner Of Death: Homicide

Lower Court Docket SheetS:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-02203-CR-0000574-2015 :
&
https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docke...rt.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-02203-CR-0000574-2015

Pre-Trial Confinement Without Bail.

Andre Maurice Shelton Jr., 27, was imprisoned at least three times in Chester County Prison, a records official with the prison said Wednesday. He spent 6 days in jail for another assault but got off. Investigators say he killed a father of two young girls with a son on the way.
Why was this guy walking free?
http://lancasteronline.com/news/loc...cle_7d7674f2-9e97-11e5-bd03-c7098bfafdee.html

I want to know that and I want to know exactly what this means:

"Our theory, however, is a very sensitive part of the ongoing investigation," he continued. "To release that information at this point would be inappropriate. We have filed a charge, yes, but detectives continue to work the case."

Andre Maurice Shelton Jr., 27, was imprisoned at least three times in Chester County Prison, a records official with the prison said Wednesday. He spent 6 days in jail for another assault but got off. Investigators say he killed a father of two young girls with a son on the way.
Why was this guy walking free?
http://lancasteronline.com/news/loc...cle_7d7674f2-9e97-11e5-bd03-c7098bfafdee.html

Its confusing the way things are written. I think one guy beat the other guy to death and the dead person is the one that got the head injury from the beating.

I think he was arrested after this murder. I don't think he had killed anyone else before this.
His other arrests/imprisonment I don't think was for any murders but it did show he got in trouble often. It would be interesting to know why he kept getting released from prison since he was not that old.

"Investigators say Shelton beat Hunter to death with an unidentified object in a vestibule of an apartment building in the 1600 block of Judie Lane in the Villages of Lancaster Green complex.
Hunter, who suffered injuries to his head and neck, was conscious when medics arrived around 1:30 p.m. but died an hour later at Lancaster General Hospital."

Its confusing the way things are written. I think one guy beat the other guy to death and the dead person is the one that got the head injury from the beating.

I think he was arrested after this murder. I don't think he had killed anyone else before this.
His other arrests/imprisonment I don't think was for any murders but it did show he got in trouble often. It would be interesting to know why he kept getting released from prison since he was not that old.

"Investigators say Shelton beat Hunter to death with an unidentified object in a vestibule of an apartment building in the 1600 block of Judie Lane in the Villages of Lancaster Green complex.
Hunter, who suffered injuries to his head and neck, was conscious when medics arrived around 1:30 p.m. but died an hour later at Lancaster General Hospital."

I thought I said but didn't, he was jailed for assault 3 times and jailed another time for 6 days. Sorry!!

BlueSneakers said:
...I want to know exactly what this means:

"Our theory, however, is a very sensitive part of the ongoing investigation," he continued. "To release that information at this point would be inappropriate. We have filed a charge, yes, but Detectives continue to work the case."

Richrd's Interpretation:

The Defendant traveled to Lancaster County for a
pre-arranged meeting with the Decedent.

The purpose of the meeting, the reasons for the dispute, and possible motives for the fight remain a sensitive, and thus Confidential part of the continuing Law Enforcement Investigation.

The Prosecution may present this information at a future Lower Court Preliminary Hearing, and/or a future Upper Court Trial.

Sleuther Ideas / Opinions?

I thought I said but didn't, he was jailed for assault 3 times and jailed another time for 6 days. Sorry!!

Thanks. It is crazy that he was in+out of prison so many times and especially if he had 3 assaults on his record.

I'd like to know the reasons he kept getting released to harm others. Maybe they were just short sentences. If we find out he was paroled over and over then it will be a hard pill to swallow.

Richrd's Interpretation:

The purpose of the meeting, the reasons for the dispute, and possible motives for the fight remain a sensitive[/B], and thus Confidential part of the continuing Law Enforcement Investigation.

The Prosecution may present this information at a future Lower Court Preliminary Hearing, and/or a future Upper Court Trial.

Sleuther Ideas / Opinions?[/B]

I have no idea why it would be "sensitive". Its like they are making it mysterious on purpose.

I have no idea why it would be "sensitive". Its like they are making it mysterious on purpose.

Maybe the reason they were meeting will result in more arrests very soon??

A lot of the info LE keeps under cover until the trial. If the wrong bit gets leaked it can spoil the legal case at trial. Usually they'll just say I can't comment about that, maybe this guy likes to change things up. Maybe he's doing it on purpose to drive us crazy!!

Richrd's Interpretation:

The purpose of the meeting, the reasons for the dispute, and possible motives for the fight remain a sensitive, and thus Confidential part of the continuing Law Enforcement Investigation.

Sleuther Ideas / Opinions?

What I want to know is what their theory is. Any ideas?

This is the full quote:

"We have a pretty good idea why these two men ended up at Lancaster Green," Lancaster County District Attorney's Office spokesman Brett Hambright said Wednesday afternoon.

"Our theory, however, is a very sensitive part of the ongoing investigation," he continued. "To release that information at this point would be inappropriate. We have filed a charge, yes, but detectives continue to work the case."

Defendant's PA Adult Upper Court Summary:

Andre Maurice Shelton, Jr.

Date Of Birth: May 7, 1988

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Docke...eport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-15-CR-0000964-2011

[Main Upper Court Link:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CP.aspx

Main Lower Court Link:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/mdj.aspx ]

Richrd's Opinions: -- Why The Secrecy?

1. "Rush to Judgment" Claim

2. "Prior Bad-Acts" Claim

3. "Pre-Trial Publicity" Claim, with Co$tly:

>>3.1 Request for Change in Venue [VENN-you]
>>>>>(Case is Tried by a Jury $everal Counties Away)

>>3.2 Request for Change in Venire [venn-EYE-ree]
>>>>>(Jurors from $everal Counties away are
>>>>>>Bussed-In, and $equestered)

From last month:

Man charged with criminal homicide pleads guilty to lesser charge for his role in fatal fight

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/10/man_charged_with_criminal_homi.html

A Coatesville man once accused of criminal homicide pleaded guilty to a lesser charge Wednesday in Lancaster County Court.

Andre Maurice Shelton Jr. entered a guilty plea to involuntary manslaughter for his role in the Dec. 5 death of Anthony Craig Hunter Jr., officials with the Lancaster County district attorney's office said. Involuntary manslaughter carries a penalty of up to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

The district attorney's office declined comment further on the circumstances in the incident but is expected to provide more information at sentencing. The sentencing hearing is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Nov. 9.

'I'm sorry you lost him': man convicted in fatal beating tells victim's family at sentencing

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/11/im_sorry_you_lost_him_man_conv.html

A Coatesville man apologized for his role in the death of Anthony "Dudie" Hunter Jr. just before he was sentenced to state prison Monday in Lancaster County Court.

Andre Maurice Shelton Jr. was sentenced to 14 months to five years in state prison, according to a news release from the Lancaster County district attorney's office. Shelton pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in October.

"I never had an intent at all for him to die," Shelton said. "I'm sorry you lost him ... I was just trying to get away."

Hunter's family previously expressed frustration with the plea, believing that Hunter was murdered and his killer should stand trial for homicide. Hunter's family also expressed displeasure with the way the district attorney's office handled the case, asking for transparency to help bring closure.

From questioning the nature of the meeting to the ownership of the gun, Hunter's family wanted to review the case thoroughly with police. Family members told PennLive about 100 people attended a protest Oct. 16 in downtown Lancaster in hopes of obtaining a greater level of transparency from the district attorney's office in this case and others within the county.

The district attorney's office released statements explaining that prosecutors felt the plea was the appropriate decision, adding that investigators do not show families all of the evidence pertaining to a case. Officials said they stand behind the way the case was investigated and handled.

Hunter's family did not react when the sentencing order was read, officials said, noting that Hunter's mother, Lynn Broadnax-Tucker said "thank you for that," after Shelton apologized in court. Following the hearing, Andre Shelton Sr., spoke with Broadnax-Tucker and expressed his condolences to Hunter's family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back