Canada - Toronto homeowner captures video of 'Grinch' stealing Christmas wreath

dotr

Reaction score
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/toronto-h...of-grinch-stealing-christmas-wreath-1.2689555
ribm.
" December 7, 2015
A Toronto homeowner's security camera video of a "real-life Grinch" has gone viral after the woman allegedly stole her Christmas wreath from her front door over the weekend.

S. M. posted security camera video to Facebook on Saturday, saying the woman in the video stole her wreath at approximately 3 a.m. The video had been shared more than 1,200 times by Monday morning. The video has been viewed 64,000 times

Magyar said the video was captured at her home on Macpherson Avenue, in the area of Avenue Road and Dupont Street.

A woman is seen leaving a Toronto home with a wreath in this image taken from security camera video. (S M / Facebook)

The video shows a woman in a black jacket and toque walking up to the door of the red-brick home. She removes the wreath and then walks away, her path hidden by a wall of the home."

http://www.citynews.ca/2015/12/07/brazen-christmas-wreath-theft-captured-on-video/
wreath16x9-878x494.jpg
ribm.
"This is “the Grinch that stole the wreath off my door at 3 a.m.,” S M posted on Facebook on Saturday.

Not only “was I surprised that anyone would anyone actually even do that … it was the principle behind it,” M told CityNews.

The entire thing was captured on video. M said she noticed the theft when she got up in the morning and her husband went to check their security cameras.

“He said, ‘you’re not going to believe this!’ I can’t believe we actually have it on tape … We didn’t get the security system for wreath-stealers,” she said.

The wreath was stolen 20 days before Christmas, from a home in the Yonge Street and Summerhill Avenue area. The thief is a well-dressed woman, bundled up for the cold in a sleek quilted coat and wearing a square messenger bag.

“She had a nice, expensive jacket on. That’s what’s really surprising,” M said."

Unbelievable. I just don't get why anyone would think this was ok to do, on any level.

Intriguing update, imo.
rbbm.
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-se...ing-suspect-in-toronto-wreath-theft-1.2691474

"December 8, 2015 10:39AM EST

Toronto police are urging the public to keep an open mind in the case of a stolen Christmas wreath, saying officers won't know the full story until they find the person caught on camera taking the decoration.

The theft was captured on camera by the homeowner and posted online, where it had been viewed nearly 200,000 times by Tuesday morning.

"As people are watching the video, keep all possibilities open... because really, until we find her we don't know what's going on," Toronto Police Const. Victor Kwong told CTVNews.ca."

snip>

" the suspect is described as a white woman between the ages of 25 and 35. She was wearing a toque, black puffy jacket, blue jeans and a black leather messenger bag at the time.

In the statement, police said a second homeowner came forward to report a similar theft in the area."

Are you kidding me? The police are involved ? It's a wreath!

I'm not condoning what this woman did but c'mon.......don't the cops have more serious crimes to deal with??????

Are you kidding me? The police are involved ? It's a wreath!

I'm not condoning what this woman did but c'mon.......don't the cops have more serious crimes to deal with??????

Perhaps it has less to do with stolen wreaths and more to do with someone who may be prowling people's homes at 3. am?
The video released apparently received over 200 k hits, so must be something to it. Or not.
Could be something else entirely going on, or nothing at all, these are unusual times - glad LE are checking it out.
imo, speculation.

http://www.citynews.ca/2015/12/15/i...tolen-wreath-found-by-toronto-window-cleaner/

"It's a Christmas miracle: Stolen wreath found by Toronto window cleaner"

"A window cleaner in the Inglewood Drive and St. Clair Avenue East area spotted a green bag in the back of his truck, opened it and found the wreath.

He then gave it to a friend, thinking nothing if it, until he heard a radio interview on Monday where Magyar was describing it.

He went home and told his family. His daughters looked up the video on the internet and they all agreed it’s the same wreath.

He then called his friend to get the wreath back and emailed CityNews.

CityNews showed the wreath to Magyar and she confirmed the sparkles are in the right spots – it’s her wreath".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/christmas-wreath-returned-1.3373436
11046265_10153780385173050_5121177603770091430_n.jpg

The wreath made it home but what about the Grinch?

The Grinch's heart grew three sizes that
day. And then - the true meaning of Christmas came through, and she found the strength to come forward with the support of her family.

A few days ago a note brought to my door on behalf of the women I called the Grinch. Apologizing for what had been done. There was never a second wreath taken and for whatever reason my wreath was, it no longer matters. What matters is this is a story of hope that brought us all together and my Grinch found the courage to apologize to me in person with flowers in hand.

So who is the Grinch you ask?

Her anonymity will remain. She is a women with an incredible family and support system around her. We all have struggles in our lives as does she. Deeply regretting her actions with all the kindness in her heart.

She is no longer the grinch to me but rather my friend.

Perhaps Christmas means just that little bit more this year.

Thank you for sharing my story. Happy Holidays and to all a good night.

[video=youtube;P_GwSN_tNN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_GwSN_tNN0[/video]

The thing is if you steal those giant nutcrackers you can never put them on your porch. A year making them. That's sad.

And what kind of truck and how stealth would you have to be to steal them? And WHY would anyone steal two giant nutcrackers?!

Unrelated-ish:
Dave Bidini's goalie equipment was once stolen off his porch.

Mischief my a##

Most people are barely making it but still try to do holiday cheer. Jmo.

And people should not be stealing people's cheer and traditions. Jmo.

Please. Steal my private jet. Lol. But you bests not touch my Holiday decorations. Lol.

Jmo.

The wreath woman might have some issues, but I think the other people are just drunken idiots. Who pees on someone's porch??

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back