715 users online (78 members and 637 guests)  

Websleuths News

Canada - Christy Crane, 25, found fatally injured, Maskwacis, AB, 5 Dec 2015

"Maskwacis RCMP are asking the public for help after a girl was found injured on a gravel road near Edmonton.

The unnamed girl was found Sunday morning near Samson Cree Nation and taken to hospital with unspecified "serious" injuries, according to a news release".
    Last edited by dotr; 12-07-2015 at 04:30 PM.

Not much info given in the article to help identify her, unfortunately.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

" The Samson Cree Nation is located about 70 kilometres south of Edmonton.

Anyone with information is asked to call Maskwacis RCMP at 780-585-3767 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)."

"Discovered on a remote road north of Calgary, a woman found severely injured has died.

While Maskwacis RCMP aren’t yet calling her death criminal, they are appealing for clues to piece together what happened in her final hours.

Christy Crane, 25, was found Sunday morning severely injured on a gravel road on the Samson Cree Nation.

Police hope tips from the public can help them find out what happened.

Crane is the second woman to die in the central Alberta reserve in as many weeks

From December:

A 43-year-old Maskwacis woman has been charged with manslaughter in the death of Christy Ramone Crane, who was found lying on a rural gravel road...

The investigation conducted by the RCMP culminated in the arrest of Noreen Patricia Crane on Monday, December 14, 2015. She has been charged with Manslaughter in the death of Christy Crane... No additional information will be provided by police at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieGranny View Post
    Thanks for that (surprising, imo.) update.

On Monday, RCMP arrested 43-year-old Noreen Patricia Crane a week after her niece Christy Crane was found on the side of the road with grievous head injuries, Christy’s sister Chloe said Wednesday.

“She used to say (Noreen) was the next best thing to her mum. We just can’t believe this. Everyone’s in shock. No one knows what to say, or how to feel, or what to do,” said Chloe Crane, 27.