Deceased/Not Found MI - Ashley Parlier, 21, pregnant, Battle Creek, 12 Jun 2005 *arrest in 2021, guilty verdict*

These darn people. They give basically no information. Did she drive away or walk...what was she wearing and what does she weigh...how tall is she. She has been missing since June and it is now nearing the end of Sept. What the heck in wrong with LE? Was she still seeing the father of her baby...what does he have to say....more info!!!!!

If she had a fight with her parents maybe she is staying with a friend. I hope that LE has checked with her friends, relatives, boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, etc.
I hope nothing has happened to her. Every time I turn around there is a pregnant woman missing and the outcome for them hasn't been the best.

Bumping. Ashley disappeared last June. The search continues:

A year after she disappeared, Battle Creek police are looking for any sign of Ashley M. Parlier.

“She still is considered missing,” said Detective Sarah Bush, “but certainly that she has not been seen in a year is suspicious and we still are trying to determine what happened to her.” Parlier, who was 21 when she disappeared June 12, 2005, was last seen walking away from her parents’ home on Bedford Road.

Monday, three members of the Michigan State Police Underwater Recovery Team waded through thick swamp at the northeast corner of Bedford Road and Morgan Road but did not find any evidence of Parlier.

“We searched that area because we had some information that she might be suicidal and possibly went to that area,” Bush said.

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060626/NEWS01/60626007

It sounds like Ashley had been isolating herself from everyone with the exception of her family. One article said that she hadn't seen her friends for a few months. Not really normal for a 21 year old girl. She wasn't working and didn't have a car but stayed home all of the time. Maybe it had something to do with being pregnant. It doesn't sound like there was a daddy on the scene.

LE waited a whole year before even checking that water by Ashley's home. Why did someone wait a whole year before telling LE that Ashley might have been suicidal? I wonder if there were searches done in the area around her home? If she had committed suicide someone should have found her if the area was searched when she went missing. She was walking so she wouldn't have gone a huge distance...you wouldn't think. I wonder if she went for a walk planning to meet with the baby's dad somewhere along the way.

I hope that she just decided to take off and has had her baby and is doing fine.

It sounds like they may have a lead.I hope they have someone who is talking.

snip from the link
“We are here for the continuing investigation of Ashley’s disappearance,” said Detective Barb Walters. “But I am really not saying why we are at this location.”

Photo:
parker.jpg

Some interesting info from http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3887306&nav=0Rce

Police say she left her home in the Urbandale area after arguing with her parents.

From http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t6408.html

...was last seen walking away from her parents’ home on Bedford Road.

Monday, three members of the Michigan State Police Underwater Recovery Team waded through thick swamp at the northeast corner of Bedford Road and Morgan Road but did not find any evidence of Parlier.

“We searched that area because we had some information that she might be suicidal and possibly went to that area,” Bush said.

and

Bush said the woman had a few friends but they had not had much contact with her before she disappeared. She didn’t have a driver’s license or car.

“She was a home body and she had friends but those friends had not had contact with her for a couple of months.”

Shortly after the woman was reported missing, Bush said, investigators had information she might be camping in the Houghton Lake area and distributed flyers but no tips were received.

and

Battle Creek Police and members of the Southwest Michigan Emergency Response Team Search and Rescue spent several hours combing through a woods on the city’s south side looking for Ashley M. Parlier.

and

A half dozen people, some on all terrain vehicles and one with a metal detector and another with a shovel, spread out into the woods at the west end of Riverside Parkway and bordered by Territorial Road on the north and Grand Boulevard on the west.

“We are here for the continuing investigation of Ashley’s disappearance,” said Detective Barb Walters. “But I am really not saying why we are at this location.”

The searchers rode and walked several paths in the woods and checked underbrush and a creek bed.

After the search ended in the early afternoon, Walters declined to say if any evidence was found.

Her Charley Project page:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/parlier_ashley.html

Her NCMA page:

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200604597S

No one's posted here for a while, and having lived in Battle Creek for a few years, I'd like to add a couple of things.

June 12, 2005 was a Sunday - City buses don't run there on Sunday. That along with leaving in a pair of sandals makes me think that she left in a hurry or had intended to return.

Does anyone know if she took her state identification with her when she left? It's VERY difficult to do any type of banking in the Battle Creek area without a Michigan photo ID, with the exception of some unfranchised check cashing services and a bank that is already familiar with you. I can recall not being able to cash a paycheck anywhere in town except a check cashing service using an out of state ID accompanied by an ID issued by a federal facility.

Someone here said that Ashley wasn't working - I've read that she worked at a Taco Bell in the Pennfield area (far opposite end of town). That being said, if she was pregnant there's a possibility that she had applied for medicaid - does anyone know if LE has tried to coordinate with FIA to see if she has popped up on their system as having received medical services after she was reported missing?

I wouldn't consider Battle Creek the safest place to be..especially for a female walking at night. Has anyone seen a report that listed about the time of day that she left home?

For whatever reason that police were searching the Territorial Rd/Grand Blvd area, if Ashley was there at some point, it's almost certain that she didn't get there walking.
Also, the nearby area isn't the safest place to be and is notoriously known for drugs & prostitution. I wonder if someone didn't try to pick her believing her to be a prostitute and things went wrong?

What else led her family/LE to believe that she may have been suicidal?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back