AZ AZ - Haruchika 'Chika' Miyagi, 34, Dewey, 5 Dec 2015

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
A Utah man last seen after he stopped to ask a homeowner if he could stay there on Saturday, Dec. 5, is being sought as a missing person. Haruchika "Chika" Miyagi, 34, of American Fork, Utah, was reported by that homeowner as a trespasser when he approached her place in the 17000 block of Med Bar Road near Dewey. She turned him down, and he sped away in a red Mazda sedan and crashed through a gate before leaving the property. Deputies found the Mazda two hours later in a wash near the Med Bar Road property. It was abandoned and heavily damaged.

Friends in American Fork called authorities there when he didn't show up for work on Dec. 3. His family doesn't know why he came to Arizona. If he has a cell phone, it is turned off.

Miyagi is 5 feet, 8 inches tall, 185 pounds, has brown eyes and brown hair. He was last seen wearing a blue, long-sleeved shirt, possibly blue pants, and Van's shoes.

152723a.jpg

http://dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=152723

https://arizonadailyindependent.com...g-missing-utah-resident-last-seen-near-dewey/

A search and follow-up with local hospitals has been unsuccessful. Miyagi may have a cell phone with him, but recent checks indicate it is off.

It is possible Miyagi may have been picked up by a driver in the area after the Mazda became disabled.

http://sedonaeye.com/missing-utah-man-sighted-in-arizona/

And nothing else new since the first round of articles..

Bumping for "Chika"

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Possible Match: NamUs UP #16921

Case Information: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/16921
Case Report: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/16921

Location Found: Stanfield, Pinal County AZ

Circumstances: Partial skeletal remains found by Border Patrol in an area known for migrant border crossing.

Date found: July 25, 2017
Post-mortem interval: 3 years

Sex: Male
Race: Asian
Ethnicity: Hispanic/Latino
Estimated Height: 65 inches

Skeletal Findings: Possible healed fracture of the left arm.

Body condition: Not recognizable. Partial skeletal parts only.

Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is currently not available.

Dental: Dental information/charting is currently not available.

DNA: Sample available. Not yet submitted.

Exclusions: No exclusions listed

Pros for a a match:

• Haruchika was last seen in Yavapi County and the decedent’s remains were found in Pinal County AZ.
  • Haruchika was last seen in December 2015 and the decedent’s remains were found in July 2017; a period of 19 months so PMI is within range.
  • Haruchika’s age and reported height and the decedent’s estimated age and height are similar.
  • Haruchika was involved in an MVA shortly before he was last seen alive. The decedent has a possible healed fracture of the left arm.
  • Haruchika has not been excluded as being the decedent.

Cons against a match

• The decedent’s reported ‘ethnicity’ is ‘Hispanic/Latino’.
  • The decedent’s partial skeletal remains were found by Border Patrol who reported that the area is known for migrant border crossing.

This is still an open investigation. I've spoken with friends, family, investigators and witnesses and there's still no sign of Haru or where he could have gone. Living in AZ myself, I've traveled to his last known location and it's still so strange for him to have gone missing where he did, under those circumstances. I've written a blog, if you'd like more information.
Search Results for “Hot nights cold cases” – Site Title

Does anyone know if the DNA sample has been run at this point? I would like to do the Forensic Genealogy and get this person home, and find out if it is Chika so his family can either rule this out, or grieve for their brother/son.

I don't know this person and have only read sparingly on the case, but to me it has similarities to Steven Koecher. Young guy, some success in life but perhaps at some sort of crossroads, who gets in his car and wanders far away from his home, ditches his car and wanders off on foot. Makes me wonder if there wasn't some sort of mental anguish the poor guy was going through in life. In any case, I hope he's alive and has found some peace of mind.

I don't know this person and have only read sparingly on the case, but to me it has similarities to Steven Koecher. Young guy, some success in life but perhaps at some sort of crossroads, who gets in his car and wanders far away from his home, ditches his car and wanders off on foot. Makes me wonder if there wasn't some sort of mental anguish the poor guy was going through in life. In any case, I hope he's alive and has found some peace of mind.

Me too, It's heartbreaking for so many people. By all accounts, a really nice young man with endless potential. That does tend to come with a lot of pressure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back