1282 users online (267 members and 1015 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

MI - Dog-mauling death ruled suicide

Port Huron dog mauling death ruled suicide

Author: Local 4 - ClickOnDetroit news staff, local4@clickondetroit.com

Published On: 2 h Updated 1 h

PORT HURON, Mich. -
    The Oakland County Medical Examiner's Office has ruled the death of a 22-year-old woman attacked by dogs in Port Huron as a suicide.

Rebecca Lillian-Kay Hardy, of Port Huron, was found Thursday by officers in the backyard of a home in the 1700 block of 10th Street. She had suffered injuries on her neck and face. She was taken to Lake Huron Medical Center before being airlifted to Beaumont Hospital where she died from her injuries.

A spokesman for the Medical Examiner's Office said Hardy suffered multiple injuries. Her death has been ruled a suicide...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/p...=20151209_1021

She must have left a note. What an odd way to choose to die.

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post

PORT HURON, Mich. -
    The Oakland County Medical Examiner's Office has ruled the death of a 22-year-old woman attacked by dogs in Port Huron as a suicide.

Rebecca Lillian-Kay Hardy, of Port Huron, was found Thursday by officers in the backyard of a home in the 1700 block of 10th Street. She had suffered injuries on her neck and face. She was taken to Lake Huron Medical Center before being airlifted to Beaumont Hospital where she died from her injuries.

A spokesman for the Medical Examiner's Office said Hardy suffered multiple injuries. Her death has been ruled a suicide...

What kind of insanity is that ruling? I'd love to see pictures of the ME and his staff that made that ruling.
    "In a time of universal deceit -- telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

I wonder if this has ever happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post

PORT HURON, Mich. -

I must be missing something here. I wonder if there were self inflicted injuries prior to her being with the dogs? Perhaps she harmed herself in some way and then went into the back yard?? How can it be a suicide. How do you know the dogs will kill you and not just injure you??
    Last edited by LaborDayRN; 12-09-2015 at 02:51 PM.

Maybe they ruled it a suicide because she intentionally went into the back yard of a property that had vicious dogs? I hope those dogs NEVER get loose. Was it ruled this way to prevent the dog owners from being liable?

Police said a preliminary investigation indicated Hardy entered the fenced-in yard for an unknown reason. A pit bull and another dog in the backyard attacked her. A witness tried to free her from the dogs but could not.

The witness went in the home and got the owner to come out and help. The owner of the dogs was able to free the victim and gave aid to her.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    I wonder if this has ever happened before.

Don't ban guns, ban dogs and the idiots that make rulings like this. Doesn't anyone else here see the idiocy of this?
    "In a time of universal deceit -- telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

This sound bizarre to me: I don't think people committing suicide want a slow and painful death.

Quote Originally Posted by TTF14 View Post
    She must have left a note. What an odd way to choose to die.
    Do you have a link that she left a note?

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Do you have a link that she left a note?
    No, I said, "she must have left a note," which is a way of giving one's theory/opinion on the matter.

Comments from her boyfriend:

He said he and Hardy had an argument at his home a few doors down shortly before the incident. Grattan said she left the house. He speculated that she traveled down the alleyway behind the 10th Street homes and attempted to cut across the neighbor's back yard to get to 10th Street.

"Nobody was there, nobody knows what happened and why," Grattan said.

Grattan walked to the scene after hearing ambulance sirens down the street.

Barbara Buffington lives a couple of doors down on 10th Street. Buffington said she didn't hear anything before rescue crews arrived, and had no prior issues with the dogs at the home.
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...uron/76786642/

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    ...Authorities have ruled the death of a 22-year-old Port Huron woman who climbed a fence into a yard holding two pit bulls that badly mauled her to be a suicide.

According to Ray Jankowski, an investigator for the Oakland County Medical Examiner's Office, Rebecca Hardy died of multiple injuries. The Medical Examiner’s Office would only release cause and manner details Wednesday...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...tack/77035920/

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    Maybe they ruled it a suicide because she intentionally went into the back yard of a property that had vicious dogs? I hope those dogs NEVER get loose. Was it ruled this way to prevent the dog owners from being liable?
    The story is so strange. Would't the ME have to know that she was aware the dogs were dangerous and that they would actually kill her for it to be suicide? I don't know, I think there has to be more to this story.
    Last edited by LaborDayRN; 12-09-2015 at 03:04 PM.

How would they know it was her intent to commit suicide by dog? I hate to say this, but dogs that will attack and kill a person are not exactly "safe" to have around. I don't understand owners that do this to their dogs by not socializing them (I am assuming).

I have two German Shepherds and they are well socialized and K9 cop trained. I have no doubt that they would bite anyone who tried to harm us. However, they would not bite to kill just because someone came in our yard. Unless they have a deer costume on. Then all bets are off...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast