Website
Visit site
Interesting...

http://secure.arabianhorses.org/apps/index.cgi?page=pressrel&prid=41

Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
September 07, 2005
303-696-4500

Former International Arabian Horse Association Judges & Stewards Commissioner, Michael Brown

The International Arabian Horse Association (IAHA) was merged in 2003 with the Arabian Horse Registry of America to form what is now the Arabian Horse Association, the largest single breed affiliate of the United States Equestrian Federation, the national governing body for equestrian sport from the grassroots up through Olympic Competition. The Arabian Horse Association’s operations include an Arabian horse Registry, the Office of Judges and Stewards Commissioner, the production of six National Championship events, breed promotion and diverse membership programs for its 45,000 members in the United States, Canada and Mexico.

DENVER, COLORADO --- The Arabian Horse Association, based in Denver, is responding to inquiries concerning a former employee of the association, Michael Brown. From September 1991 through January 2001, Mr. Brown served as Judges & Stewards Commissioner of the International Arabian Horse Association which is now the Arabian Horse Association.

"As Commissioner, he was charged with responsibilities including managing the education, appointment and evaluation of judges and stewards for competitions that come under the jurisdiction of the IAHA," stated Myron Krause, current president of the Arabian Horse Association. "He was also responsible for the investigation of complaints related to rule adherence in those competitions, recommending action based on complaint investigations, and taking action consistent with association rules. He also coordinated and supervised the activities of the association’s Education-Evaluation Commission, Judges and Stewards Steering Committee, and the Judges and Stewards Selection Committee."

Barbara Burck, executive vice president and chief administrator of the association added that "Mr. Brown had a long and successful career with IAHA and was regarded as upholding the highest standards of integrity and demanding excellence in all areas under his jurisdiction. His legal background and management skills enabled him to accomplish the rigors of the job with professionalism."

"He dealt with issues related to enforcement of rules and regulations that often generated passionate dispute by advocates on both sides of his decisions," she added. "Several of those enforcement issues resulted in litigation. Due to the nature of Mr. Brown’s duties as commissioner, he set up his own Legal Defense Fund Trust to supplement the IAHA Legal Defense Fund. Following his departure from the IAHA, the entire sum in the Michael D. Brown Legal Defense Fund Trust was transferred to the IAHA Legal Defense Fund."

President Myron Krause stated, "Brown’s contract was not terminated by IAHA, he resigned. Furthermore, there was no due cause to terminate his contract. An amicable separation agreement was reached in 2001when he left the employment of IAHA. Following his departure, Brown was retained for a time as a consultant to assist IAHA on an as-needed basis."

Please note: IAHA, now the Arabian Horse Association, will not field any further press calls or inquiries regarding this issue.

The Arabian Horse Association applauds the efforts of all individuals and organizations working to provide relief to those devastated by Hurricane Katrina. We encourage those who want to help horses and their owners to contact the United States Equestrian Federation and support the USEF Hurricane Relief Fund, referral veterinary services and local horse shelters. See: http://www.usef.org/relief

Gee, I wonder if this organization has heard about the lady with 20 horses she needs to evacuate from Baytown,Texas? Of course with one day to go now, they will either have to be set free to ride it out on their own or flown out, don't you think.

I love this forum ! Neato, and thanks very much. LOL

Scandi

scandi said:
Gee, I wonder if this organization has heard about the lady with 20 horses she needs to evacuate from Baytown,Texas? Of course with one day to go now, they will either have to be set free to ride it out on their own or flown out, don't you think.

I love this forum ! Neato, and thanks very much. LOL

Scandi
Both AHA and AQHA have included in their email newsletters info on how to list your facility as a refuge for equine evacuees and what to do if you need to evacuate. I said I could take 5 but we're a day west of EL Paso so I don't think we'll have any takers. Someone with 20 horses should have started a week ago getting her animals out of danger.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back