734 users online (80 members and 654 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NY - David Terry, 32, & 3 kids killed in arson fire, Schenectady, 2 May 2013

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/World/2.../22581547.html
    storage.canoe.com.jpg
    "SCHENECTADY, N.Y. -- A little girl whose father and three siblings died in an arson fire has a simple holiday wish: She wants enough holiday cards to fill up her Christmas tree."
    snip>
    "The address for cards is P.O. Box 6126, Schenectady, NY, 12306."

Does anyone know where we can send the cards? I'd love to send one and do what I can to warm that little Angel's heart this season

The address for cards is P.O. Box 6126, Schenectady, NY, 12306.

Thanks! Let all of us Sleuthers send cards and bring her as much joy as we can!

"An 8-year-old girl who survived a house fire and suffered burns over 75 percent of her body has one wish this holiday season: She wants to fill her Christmas card holder with as many cards as possible.

In May 2013, someone set fire to the upstairs stairwell that led to Safyre Terry's apartment, killing her father, David Terry, and her three siblings, who were all under the age of three, the TODAY show reports.

But Safyre's father held her in his arms, protecting the young girl from breathing in the hot air – a heroic act that ultimately saved her life. "
    http://www.people.com/article/8-year...christmas-wish

I'm mailing a card this evening.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I had a new pink Teddy Bear for my grand daughter. I am sending it to this sweetheart instead.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

storage.canoe.com.jpg
    http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/World/2.../22586553.html

Safyre Terry, of Rotterdam, New York, has received more than a million cards from around the world, including a personal message from the White House, since a family friend shared a Facebook post with the little girl's wish for cards to fill a display tree. The non-profit Baking Memories 4 Kids is sending Safyre to the Disney theme parks in Florida in March, and more than $400,000 has been donated through a crowdfunding website.

Over the holidays, Safyre and some of the volunteers who have been helping her since the devastating fire two years ago plan to visit shelters in the Albany area to distribute some of the gifts Safyre has received, as well as some new ones to children who are homeless or victims of domestic violence, said Liz Dolder, the girl's aunt. She said they'll also take gifts to Boston's Shriners Hospital, where Safyre receives ongoing treatment.

I have been following Sa'fyre's facebook page since someone sent me the link about her wanting Christmas card weeks ago. I sent mine immediately. Such a simple little wish... how could I not?!?! She's such an inspiration and my heart just melts reading all the updates about how the world came together for such a beautiful child. Bless her.

I have also tried searching if there is any discussion about the actual arson case here and I don't seem to be able to find one? I would like to discuss the things I have read with others if there is a thread?
    Justice for Trayvon

http://news10.com/2013/05/03/police-...enectady-fire/

May 3 2013

CHENECTADY, N.Y. – Schenectady Police and Fire investigators remain on scene of a home on Hulett Street Friday gathering evidence after a suspect was arraigned on arson charges in the deadly fire that killed four.

The Schenectady Police Department arrested 27-year-old Robert Butler, of Saratoga Springs, in connection with the fatal fire that occurred Thursday at 438 Hulett Street in the city, killing three children and their father.

Butler was arraigned in Schenectady City Court Friday morning for a felony charge of first-degree arson. Court documents allege Butler used some form of liquid accelerant on the front staircase leading to the second floor apartment, causing the fire that quickly spread.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/arti...in-5215260.php

Charges dropped against Robert A. Butler in deadly Schenectady fire case
    Defendant is freed as attention turns to new suspect
    By Robert Gavin Updated 11:22 pm, Friday, February 7, 2014

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NY - Woman Allegedly Steals Cash From Girl Who Lost Her Family In A Fire

The suspect was a volunteer for a group that opened and organized mail and gifts sent to the child

Safyre Terry poses with a tiara she received as a gift in December 2015.

A New York woman is accused of stealing from an 8-year-old girl who suffered severe burns and lost her immediate family in an arson fire.

Kimberly Bradford, 41, was charged with stealing money from the cards given to Safyre Terry during the holidays. (Rotterdam Police Department)

Kimberly Bradford, 41, was a volunteer at an organization set up to help Safyre Terry, who received severe burns in the 2013 blaze, which killed her father, sister and two brothers. Safyre became well-known last year after her wish to receive enough Christmas cards to fill up a card holder went viral.

Volunteers open Christmas cards to Safyre in December 2015.

More than a million people all over the world -- including the Obama family, Katy Perry and Beyonce -- sent cards and gifts to Safyre, inspired by the girl's bravery and positive attitude. A volunteer group, Safyre’s Angels, formed for the purpose of sorting through the cards and packages -- many of which contained cash or gift cards -- and sending thank-you's to the senders when possible.

http://pix11.com/2016/02/27/voluntee...ristmas-cards/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...?section=crime
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Safyre Terry young girl who lost her dad & 3 siblings robbed by volunteer

"A Woman was charged Thursday with stealing money from an eight-year-old girl who lost her father, three siblings, an arm and a foot in a suspected arson attack after the woman volunteered to open Christmas cards sent to the burn victim from well-wishers around the world.

Kimberly Bradford of Rotterdam, New York was one of hundreds of volunteers who helped open the loads of Christmas cards that were sent last year to Safyre Terry, the lone survivor of a 2013 house fire.

Police said they found $800 in cash and $500 in gift cards inside Bradford's house 'that she didn't have the right to have,' reported the Times-Union.

Bradford, 41, was one of 'a handful' of volunteers suspected of plundering the young survivor's Christmas gifts, police said.

Safyre's family said over one million cards were sent to the child after her wish for Christmas greetings went viral in December, including one posted by Barack and Michelle Obama."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz41RlMT5LV

Absolutely disgusting she is evil I hope she gets jail time.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

"On January 25, volunteers alerted police to their suspicions that some among them were looting from the cards."

"During her time sorting out mail at the warehouse, Bradford was interviewed by a local TV station."

'It restored my faith in humanity in such a terrible time in the world with everything that’s going on, just to see the outpouring of love from around the world for one little girl,' Bradford told ABC News 10 in January."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz41SBujykC

I hope all the volunteers who stole from this little girl get jail time.

This is probably the lowest you can get as a human being. Stealing for a child who lost nearly everything and you insert yourself into her life as a caring human who wants to help only to steal from her. Sick.

I am happy her face is out there for public display and I hope they catch the rest of the people who stole from her.
    Justice for Trayvon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast