NY - David Terry, 32, & 3 kids killed in arson fire, Schenectady, 2 May 2013

Does anyone know where we can send the cards? I'd love to send one and do what I can to warm that little Angel's heart this season:)

Thanks! Let all of us Sleuthers send cards and bring her as much joy as we can!

"An 8-year-old girl who survived a house fire and suffered burns over 75 percent of her body has one wish this holiday season: She wants to fill her Christmas card holder with as many cards as possible.

In May 2013, someone set fire to the upstairs stairwell that led to Safyre Terry's apartment, killing her father, David Terry, and her three siblings, who were all under the age of three, the TODAY show reports.

But Safyre's father held her in his arms, protecting the young girl from breathing in the hot air – a heroic act that ultimately saved her life. "
http://www.people.com/article/8-year-old-burn-victim-christmas-wish

I'm mailing a card this evening.

I had a new pink Teddy Bear for my grand daughter. I am sending it to this sweetheart instead. :gift:

storage.canoe.com.jpg
http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/World/2015/12/24/22586553.html

Safyre Terry, of Rotterdam, New York, has received more than a million cards from around the world, including a personal message from the White House, since a family friend shared a Facebook post with the little girl's wish for cards to fill a display tree. The non-profit Baking Memories 4 Kids is sending Safyre to the Disney theme parks in Florida in March, and more than $400,000 has been donated through a crowdfunding website.

Over the holidays, Safyre and some of the volunteers who have been helping her since the devastating fire two years ago plan to visit shelters in the Albany area to distribute some of the gifts Safyre has received, as well as some new ones to children who are homeless or victims of domestic violence, said Liz Dolder, the girl's aunt. She said they'll also take gifts to Boston's Shriners Hospital, where Safyre receives ongoing treatment.

I have been following Sa'fyre's facebook page since someone sent me the link about her wanting Christmas card weeks ago. I sent mine immediately. Such a simple little wish... how could I not?!?! She's such an inspiration and my heart just melts reading all the updates about how the world came together for such a beautiful child. Bless her.

I have also tried searching if there is any discussion about the actual arson case here and I don't seem to be able to find one? I would like to discuss the things I have read with others if there is a thread?

http://news10.com/2013/05/03/police-man-charged-with-arson-in-fatal-schenectady-fire/

May 3 2013

CHENECTADY, N.Y. – Schenectady Police and Fire investigators remain on scene of a home on Hulett Street Friday gathering evidence after a suspect was arraigned on arson charges in the deadly fire that killed four.

The Schenectady Police Department arrested 27-year-old Robert Butler, of Saratoga Springs, in connection with the fatal fire that occurred Thursday at 438 Hulett Street in the city, killing three children and their father.

Butler was arraigned in Schenectady City Court Friday morning for a felony charge of first-degree arson. Court documents allege Butler used some form of liquid accelerant on the front staircase leading to the second floor apartment, causing the fire that quickly spread.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Charges-dropped-against-Robert-A-Butler-in-5215260.php

Charges dropped against Robert A. Butler in deadly Schenectady fire case
Defendant is freed as attention turns to new suspect
By Robert Gavin Updated 11:22 pm, Friday, February 7, 2014

The suspect was a volunteer for a group that opened and organized mail and gifts sent to the child

56d222591e0000220070ee73.jpeg

Safyre Terry poses with a tiara she received as a gift in December 2015.

A New York woman is accused of stealing from an 8-year-old girl who suffered severe burns and lost her immediate family in an arson fire.

920x920.jpg

Kimberly Bradford, 41, was charged with stealing money from the cards given to Safyre Terry during the holidays. (Rotterdam Police Department)

Kimberly Bradford, 41, was a volunteer at an organization set up to help Safyre Terry, who received severe burns in the 2013 blaze, which killed her father, sister and two brothers. Safyre became well-known last year after her wish to receive enough Christmas cards to fill up a card holder went viral.

56d222a11500007f000b0d75.jpeg

Volunteers open Christmas cards to Safyre in December 2015.

More than a million people all over the world -- including the Obama family, Katy Perry and Beyonce -- sent cards and gifts to Safyre, inspired by the girl's bravery and positive attitude. A volunteer group, Safyre’s Angels, formed for the purpose of sorting through the cards and packages -- many of which contained cash or gift cards -- and sending thank-you's to the senders when possible.

http://pix11.com/2016/02/27/volunte...om-burn-victim-safyre-terrys-christmas-cards/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ord_us_56d220c3e4b0bf0dab325d63?section=crime

"A Woman was charged Thursday with stealing money from an eight-year-old girl who lost her father, three siblings, an arm and a foot in a suspected arson attack after the woman volunteered to open Christmas cards sent to the burn victim from well-wishers around the world.

Kimberly Bradford of Rotterdam, New York was one of hundreds of volunteers who helped open the loads of Christmas cards that were sent last year to Safyre Terry, the lone survivor of a 2013 house fire.

Police said they found $800 in cash and $500 in gift cards inside Bradford's house 'that she didn't have the right to have,' reported the Times-Union.

Bradford, 41, was one of 'a handful' of volunteers suspected of plundering the young survivor's Christmas gifts, police said.

Safyre's family said over one million cards were sent to the child after her wish for Christmas greetings went viral in December, including one posted by Barack and Michelle Obama."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hree-siblings-arson-attack.html#ixzz41RlMT5LV

Absolutely disgusting she is evil I hope she gets jail time.

"On January 25, volunteers alerted police to their suspicions that some among them were looting from the cards."

"During her time sorting out mail at the warehouse, Bradford was interviewed by a local TV station."

'It restored my faith in humanity in such a terrible time in the world with everything that’s going on, just to see the outpouring of love from around the world for one little girl,' Bradford told ABC News 10 in January."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hree-siblings-arson-attack.html#ixzz41SBujykC

I hope all the volunteers who stole from this little girl get jail time.

This is probably the lowest you can get as a human being. Stealing for a child who lost nearly everything and you insert yourself into her life as a caring human who wants to help only to steal from her. Sick.

I am happy her face is out there for public display and I hope they catch the rest of the people who stole from her.

Safyre was all over the local news before Christmas. We actually sent a card with am amazon gift card because my 9 year old daughter was so touched by her story.

This just makes me so angry! That sweet girl lost so much that can never be replaced. I hope all of these sketchy volunteers who stole from her are publicly identified. Shame on them!

This is probably the lowest you can get as a human being. Stealing for a child who lost nearly everything and you insert yourself into her life as a caring human who wants to help only to steal from her. Sick.

I am happy her face is out there for public display and I hope they catch the rest of the people who stole from her.

I agree with everything you have said. I'm not surprised this has happened but can't believe people are willing to steal from a little girl who is going through hell and has lost everything.

Safyre was all over the local news before Christmas. We actually sent a card with am amazon gift card because my 9 year old daughter was so touched by her story.

This just makes me so angry! That sweet girl lost so much that can never be replaced. I hope all of these sketchy volunteers who stole from her are publicly identified. Shame on them!

I am very angry about this too. It's lovely your daughter wanted to help Sayfre. These thieves might mean people stop sending gift cards which would be awful. I hope Sayfre knows the majority of people are kind and would never steal from her.

I agree with everything you have said. I'm not surprised this has happened but can't believe people are willing to steal from a little girl who is going through hell and has lost everything.

I am very angry about this too. It's lovely your daughter wanted to help Sayfre. These thieves might mean people stop sending gift cards which would be awful. I hope Sayfre knows the majority of people are kind and would never steal from her.

From what is reported, more than one person could have been allegedly stealing. We could be talking about a lot of money. Over a million of people send cards, and if most (or even just some) were including gift cards or cash, a lot of money were donated to this child. How much of it actually made it to the child?

From what is reported, more than one person could have been allegedly stealing. We could be talking about a lot of money. Over a million of people send cards, and if most (or even just some) were including gift cards or cash, a lot of money were donated to this child. How much of it actually made it to the child?

I know I hope they catch all these terrible people maybe they need to open cards in a room with CCTV it's terrible to have to resort to that but I don't see what other solutions there are.

So disgusting and so low. This is the kind of stuff that enrages me. I really hope they will bust all of them and recover all that's been stolen. Although how you're going to figure that out now, after the fact, is beyond me...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stawon31
Back