GUILTY GA - Laila Daniel, 2, beaten to death, McDonough, 17 Nov 2015 *foster parents arrested*

PastTense

Reaction score
Arrest warrants allege that the 2-year-old foster child who died last month in the care of a Henry County commission candidate and her husband was malnourished and severely beaten. The couple’s attorney, however, called the charges “a big mistake.”

Aspiring politician Jennifer Rosenbaum, 27, and her husband, Joseph, were arrested Friday, nearly three weeks after the Nov. 17 death of Laila Marie Daniel, a child placed in their custody by the Division of Family and Children Services. Authorities have said they responded to the Rosenbaums’ home on McDonough’s Lincoln Terrace that night after receiving a “choking” call, but have otherwise released few details about the investigation.

Warrants obtained after the couple’s Monday court appearance provide more insight into the murder, aggravated assault and child cruelty charges against Jennifer Rosenbaum, as well as the child cruelty charges against her husband.

The documents said Jennifer Rosenbaum hit Laila “in the abdomen with such force the child sustained a transected pancreas,” which GBI investigators described as a “major contributing factor to the child’s death.” Jennifer Rosenbaum is also accused of “failing to feed [Laila] in quantities necessary to sustain an adequate body weight.”
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/hearing-set-for-henry-commission-candidate-charged/npdkT/5501747_o.jpeg

She was such a beautiful child, how can people be such monsters? Starving and beating a 2 year old, is there a appropriate punishment for such a dirty deed? Normally I wouldn't say this but I hope that Georgia is a DP state. I really dislike people who hurt children, killing a child......... I better stop, all I can think of now is a string of words best left unused here.. But I'm sure thinking them.

The mug shot of the FM gives the impression that she is one angry and scary woman. I find it interesting that she was an aspiring politician.

The mug shot of the FM gives the impression that she is one angry and scary woman. I find it interesting that she was an aspiring politician.

A former aspiring politician, do you think anyone would elect her now?

The Rosenbaums’ attorney, Corinne Mull, said the couple never abused the children. She said Laila died after Jennifer Rosenbaum applied the Heimlich maneuver and CPR to help the child while she was choking on some chicken. She said the force of the compressions may have caused the injury to the pancreas.

Mull attributed the children’s other injuries to either abuse prior to their stay with the Rosenbaums or the general bumps and bruises of childhood play.
http://www.myajc.com/news/news/coroner-announces-foster-childs-cause-of-death/nphdJ/

Images from your link PastTense:

08273a2e40b2848bb3e951f168a06e17.jpg

757807f1809fbdfe6067aa82fdf9e41b.jpg

She is injured in BOTH photos! :no:

RIP BabyGirl

:floating:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes me so angry! I can't even catch my breath.......her little face in all the photos....she is always grimacing in pain yet trying to pose with a smile. I can't even do this anymore. W_T_F is wrong with these horrible monsters!??? I have to leave before I get put in time out :sick:

I'm not sure that I really say what I think about these people without extensive TO. But I think I can talk about a fitting punishment without some of the hassles. Since this is GA I think it's time to bring "Old Sparky" out of mothballs.

Not again! Appalling that a child is taken out of one dangerous situation and is placed in another. The article says that she was placed with friends or relatives of the parents (fictive kin). Poor little baby didn't stand a chance. sigh... I also hope that the proper authorities removed any other children, animals or elderly from that couple!

General 'bumps and bruises' of a 2 yr old's play does not usually involve a full plaster cast on the leg. :mad:

["Mull attributed the children’s other injuries to either abuse prior to their stay with the Rosenbaums or the general bumps and bruises of childhood play."]

I hope that criminal charges are filed against the DFC supervisor and case worker.

I hope that criminal charges are filed against the DFC supervisor and case worker.

From your keyboard to the Judge's gavel, Teche....

:furious:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a beautiful little girl! Such crappy adults given charge of little angels. Hope they rot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back