Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interstate 45 shut down both directions-Bus Fire

Interstate 45 shut down both directions-Bus Fire

Don't have a link yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    Don't have a link yet.

No link I was listening to the radio coming in... a bus carrying evacuees caught fire on I-45 ....they got everyone off, but the bus exploded... now that is causing an already backed up situation to be even worse... Thank God they got the people off the bus
    /

"Would some power the Giftee gie us To see ourselves as others see us" R.Burns

Fox just said people trapped inside bus. But who knows for sure. I hope your report is correct.

Fox just said people trapped inside bus. But who knows for sure. I hope your report is correct.

HMMMMM The traffic people on the helicopter said everyone was off.... wonder what gives there?
    /

the helicopter people are probably right. fox is slow on the reports sometime.

the helicopter people are probably right. fox is slow on the reports sometime.

They were on the scene when it happened and captured the explosions on film..... it was a traffic Helicopter for CBS11 out of Dallas. They also do the radio traffic reports for the station I listen to.... KLUV Oldies Radio
    /

Fox reporting several fatalities.

Fox reporting several fatalities.

The bus caught fire at the engine, located in the back.... driver pulled over and evacuation started, and then it blew up three times according to the helicopter crew. They said that there were several on stretchers being carried to ambulances, but looked as if everyone got off the bus before it exploded.
    /

I don't know how it happened, but it looks like a Cincinnati news channel has the story.
    http://www.channelcincinnati.com/new...37/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    I don't know how it happened, but it looks like a Cincinnati news channel has the story.
    http://www.channelcincinnati.com/new...37/detail.html

Its finally on the Dallas Morning News' website:

BREAKING NEWS Northbound Interstate 45 at Mars Road in Wilmer is closed after fire destroyed an intercity passenger bus filled with evacuees from Hurricane Rita. At least one person is dead and about a dozen others are being treated for injuries. Fire officials say an explosion preceded the fire. Northbound traffic is backed up 3 to 4 miles.

Update!

A bus burst into flames outside Dallas on Friday, killing 20 people and closing a primary evacuation route for Hurricane Rita, WFAA-TV reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    A bus burst into flames outside Dallas on Friday, killing 20 people and closing a primary evacuation route for Hurricane Rita, WFAA-TV reported.
    They seem to think the oxygen tanks being used by the elderly passengers played a role in the explosion. Sad very very sad.
    Retired 08/03/03

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    -- AP: Dallas TV station WFAA reports 20 people killed when bus loaded with Hurricane Rita evacuees erupted in flames south of Dallas.

OMG, look at the picture of the bus!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/index.aol.html

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Do you ever get the feeling the world is coming to an end?

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    Do you ever get the feeling the world is coming to an end?
    Mabel, you read my mind. How much more can be endured?

I'm sitting here, "safe" in Chicago, and my heart is just breaking for everyone affected by all this.

What is going on?
    He's guilty. Get over it.

They just reported from Baytown....where I live, that if it hits a strong 4 or 5 that the residents might be exposed to a chemical cloud. Mean while...back at the camp, the mayor of Houston was again saying....."We told you this was going to happen if you waited too long to evacuate." We were told to make plans for evacuation many days ago. Why didn't some listen? Now, they are told to not get on the road because they can't make it out in time. I had posted earlier that some didn't want to leave due to jobs not approving missing work for the evacuation. The airport was announcing they were slower loading because many employees didn't show up for work. Now those people will come home to damaged, if not a total loss of their homes, without jobs to return to. This is very sad. They said storm surge expected in Baytown, if Rita continues on current path are 8-18 feet high. I am sad. Insurance doesn't buy back what you have collected over a life time. Insurance doesn't buy back my family.

http://www.cnn.com/

Evacuee bus explodes as Rita closes in

A bus carrying elderly Hurricane Rita evacuees caught fire and exploded early today on a crowded Texas interstate, killing as many as 20 people. Forecasters say it appears Houston and Galveston could avoid a direct hit from the storm. The latest advisory from the National Hurricane Center has Rita making landfall along the Southwest Louisiana and upper Texas coasts late today or tonight. The storm is about 220 miles from the coast.
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

Wow, how tragic!! Prayers for all those who died, and for their families.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

Bus fire, explosion claims 24 lives on I-45

AP
    The burnt-out bus, with dead bodies still aboard, will be moved from Interstate 45 this morning to help ease traffic congestion for thousands of motorists fleeing Hurricane Rita.A bus bound for Dallas exploded early Friday on traffic-packed Interstate 45 in Wilmer, killing at least 24 mostly elderly nursing home patients being evacuated from Houston as Hurricane Rita approached. Thirteen others were injured and taken to area hospitals.

www.dallasnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Bus fire, explosion claims 24 lives on I-45

AP
    The burnt-out bus, with dead bodies still aboard, will be moved from Interstate 45 this morning to help ease traffic congestion for thousands of motorists fleeing Hurricane Rita.A bus bound for Dallas exploded early Friday on traffic-packed Interstate 45 in Wilmer, killing at least 24 mostly elderly nursing home patients being evacuated from Houston as Hurricane Rita approached. Thirteen others were injured and taken to area hospitals.

www.dallasnews.com
    They were showing it burning on the news.

Quote Originally Posted by deandaniellws
    They just reported from Baytown....where I live, that if it hits a strong 4 or 5 that the residents might be exposed to a chemical cloud. Mean while...back at the camp, the mayor of Houston was again saying....."We told you this was going to happen if you waited too long to evacuate." We were told to make plans for evacuation many days ago. Why didn't some listen? Now, they are told to not get on the road because they can't make it out in time. I had posted earlier that some didn't want to leave due to jobs not approving missing work for the evacuation. The airport was announcing they were slower loading because many employees didn't show up for work. Now those people will come home to damaged, if not a total loss of their homes, without jobs to return to. This is very sad. They said storm surge expected in Baytown, if Rita continues on current path are 8-18 feet high. I am sad. Insurance doesn't buy back what you have collected over a life time. Insurance doesn't buy back my family.
    Pam, how many feet is your home above the mean tide line??

This is really sad

WFAA TV in Dallas reports the buslines had many infractions and the driver was an illegal with a Mexico Dr. Lisence...

www.wfaa.com

for details
    /

Another inexcusable loss of lives due to negligence or incompetence.

I'm surprised Sunrise Senior Living would contract with a bad busline or illegal driver. Maybe that's all they could find at the last minute? Or was it trying to save money, or negligence?

Federal investigators sought clues Saturday in the burned-out remnants of a bus that exploded in a traffic jam and killed 24 elderly evacuees fleeing Hurricane Rita.

The remains of the charter bus would be picked through for evidence, then National Transportation Safety Board investigators would try to piece together what led to the tragedy, said Keith Holloway, public affairs officer for the NTSB.
    http://www.click2houston.com/news/5016463/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast