1312 users online (315 members and 997 guests)  

Websleuths News

TN - Lionel Scott, 33, Memphis, 8 Dec 2015

Lionel Scott

BB King employee goes missing
    " 61°
    WBRC 1 of 1

Janice Broach
    Dec 11, 2015 08:48 PM
    MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - Friends and family of a cook at BB King's on Beale Street are looking for answers after a m an went missing.

For loved ones, they said it is the one thing he did not do that has them concerned.

"It's bothering me so bad because me and him real close and he never went a day without calling me and telling me where's he at," Solomon Harris, brother, said.

However, no one has heard from Lionel Scott, a cook at the restaurant, since early Tuesday morning."

http://m.wbrc.com/myfoxal/pm_/conten...id=od:7drRgKMj
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Hoping for some more news....

He worked Monday night but he did not show up the next day to pick up his check.

For him to not pick up his check has the mother of his three week old son frightened.

"Everybody is worried cause it not like him. If you call him, he answers the phone," Jasmine Gordon, girlfriend, said.
    http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/...e-goes-missing

Memphis Police Department est.1827
    12/23/2015
    If anyone has information concerning Lionel Scott's whereabouts they should contact police at 901-545-2677 (COPS) or the Missing Persons Bureau at 901-544-6477.

https://www.facebook.com/mpd1827/pho...type=3&theater

Lionel's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/lionel.scott.73

Found this article that gives a bit more detail:
    http://wreg.com/2015/12/11/missing-m...-bad-happened/

From the article:
    -Lionel texted his girlfriend at 1 a.m. on Tuesday morning
    -Had just borrowed roommates car to take a friend home in South Memphis, hours later his phone was off
    -"Scott's family went to his home. They said all of his stuff was gone except for a pair of shoes, and his room looked as if it had been cleaned."

Hoping this guy can be brought back to his family soon!
    Last edited by JenaTaoson; 12-29-2015 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Found new article

Quote Originally Posted by JenaTaoson View Post
    Lionel's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/lionel.scott.73

Found this article that gives a bit more detail:
    http://wreg.com/2015/12/11/missing-m...-bad-happened/

From the article:
    -Lionel texted his girlfriend at 1 a.m. on Tuesday morning
    -Had just borrowed roommates car to take a friend home in South Memphis, hours later his phone was off
    -"Scott's family went to his home. They said all of his stuff was gone except for a pair of shoes, and his room looked as if it had been cleaned."

Hoping this guy can be brought back to his family soon!
    The clean room is very worrying. Almost like they wanted to make it look like he left. I wonder if the car has been found.
    I don't see thus ending well. Sadly😢

I hope police have at least questioned the friend he took to South Memphis and anyone who lives at the same address, neighbors, etc. And gotten search warrants for his phone, the sooner the better.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

From the article above it looks like they have only searched hospitals and jails. So frustrating for his family...
    I'm curious if he returned with his roommate's car after dropping his friend off, I would assume so since someone reported him leaving at 6 am (4am in earlier reports). So did he leave with his room mates car that morning? Or did he walk to a bus? It seems really suspicious and out of the norm for him. I wish the Memphis PD would look into it further.... looking at their facebook they are big fans of CCTV footage, maybe that could help confirm whether he actually made it back from dropping the friend off or not.

From the article above it looks like they have only searched hospitals and jails. So frustrating for his family...
    I'm curious if he returned with his roommate's car after dropping his friend off, I would assume so since someone reported him leaving at 6 am (4am in earlier reports). So did he leave with his room mates car that morning? Or did he walk to a bus? It seems really suspicious and out of the norm for him. I wish the Memphis PD would look into it further.... looking at their facebook they are big fans of CCTV footage, maybe that could help confirm whether he actually made it back from dropping the friend off or not.
    ETA: Looking at the reports above he walked from his house Tuesday morning so that would exclude his roommate's vehicle. Given this information I would think it is either something nefarious that happened at his house or something happened on his way to the bus/work.

ETA: Looking at the reports above he walked from his house Tuesday morning so that would exclude his roommate's vehicle. Given this information I would think it is either something nefarious that happened at his house or something happened on his way to the bus/work.
    True. Those seem like the two remaining options. But it would be very odd if something happened to him on the way to work, and then someone came back to his room and cleaned it up. Seems to me that it points to something happening closer to home.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Lionel Scott

" 61°
    WBRC 1 of 1

Janice Broach
    MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - Friends and family of a cook at BB King's on Beale Street are looking for answers after a m an went missing.

For loved ones, they said it is the one thing he did not do that has them concerned.

"It's bothering me so bad because me and him real close and he never went a day without calling me and telling me where's he at," Solomon Harris, brother, said.

However, no one has heard from Lionel Scott, a cook at the restaurant, since early Tuesday morning."

It looks like they've updated the original article, and the guy that was first quoted as his brother is actually his roommate. Seems worth mentioning, since his room was apparently cleaned out, and his roommate may have been the last person to see him.
    Last edited by KateB; 01-01-2016 at 11:25 AM. Reason: removed quoted photo.

Bump... feel so bad for his mother and children.

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Lionel Scott

" 61°
    WBRC 1 of 1

Janice Broach

Could be my phone, but I'm getting a page not found error at this link

Bumping for Lionel and his family. Wish there was more info.