UK UK - Evelyn Jackson, 97, Longsight, Manchester, 28 Nov 2003

To survive cancer and a heart attack and then die like that--as her granddaughter says is "absolutely revolting and despicable"!!
I hope the catch the person soon and he gets what he deserves!!!

God, how awful :( :mad:
Perhaps. She had lead a full life however and was not robbed of much time; similar depravity visited on someone younger should be viewed as being far more despicable. if there is prosecution of anyone, the first move by the defense attorney will be to get the case heard by a judge who is young rather than old.

Originally posted by Toth
Perhaps. She had lead a full life however and was not robbed of much time; similar depravity visited on someone younger should be viewed as being far more despicable. if there is prosecution of anyone, the first move by the defense attorney will be to get the case heard by a judge who is young rather than old.

Toth, I agree with you in alot of areas, but I don't think that this is made any easier by the fact that she was older. In fact, it makes it more heinous! Babies and elderly cannot seriously defend themselves! What a coward to do this to a woman that could not fight back! It's disgusting!

Some pediatricians feel they get a better "return on investment" than gerontologists do. Often rationing of health care acknowledges a view of such things as ability to later pay taxes to repay the community, etc. I am not advocating open season on the elderly (or the young), merely pointing out what a defense attorney would first do. Theft of one hundred dollars is wrong, so is theft of Five hundred dollars, but we have different categories for such things. Burglary during the daytime is punished less harshly than burglary during the night time.
I'm sure the 97 year old woman did not relish being robbed of whatever short time remained to her.

From June 2011:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ws/unsolved-murder-evelyn-jackson-died-862438

In December 2003, Evelyn opened the door of her house in Longsight to a man who claimed to be looking for her great-grandaughter. As he walked in, he punched her in the face and went on to repeatedly hit or stamp on her as she cowered on the floor... Evelyn died from her injuries 12 days later in hospital – leaving her family to grieve over Christmas.

The attack shocked even hardened police officers. One said: “It has been very frustrating for us because we would dearly love to bring someone to justice for this awful crime"...

Police offered a £12,000 reward but no one has ever been charged with her murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back