710 users online (89 members and 621 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NM - Albuquerque, WhtMale UP8116, 20-25, on mesa near Four Hills, Dec'00

I was going through my unidentified cases in Namus, and then it hit me, this guy looks alot like Lyle Stevik. Could they maybe be related? Anyways, this guy deserves a name too (I couldn't find a thread for him)

Decedent was found by dirt bikers that were riding in the area. Laying on side with scattered personal belongings nearby. No identification on or near body. Noted to have geographical magazines from out of the country.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/81162000_05494_facial_image.jpg
    Last edited by Beamie; 12-12-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Here are the rule outs so far.

Travis Killen 1979 New Mexico
    Phillip Mounts 1979 Hawaii
    Gregory Vice, Jr. 1977 Louisiana
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Under documents in his nameus profile is a cup (?) from Econolodge that is from a modelbuilding (small modelairplanes etc) company in Lubbecke.
    So he ha a motelroom in Econolodge? Obviously german connection!?
    How did he die? What is the area where he was found like? Seems people dirtbiking found him....questions questions...? Googled and found nothing' no articles etc

I've already contacted the caseworker about him and Lyle, probably gonna hear from them next week

Great Beamie! Thank you! Looking forward to hearing what you find out

Would be amazing if there was a connection between those too. But I would also blame myself since I see their cases amost daily. But today it just hit me, BANG, they do look a like. And it was right infront of me all the time. Fingers crossed

Looked up the adress in Lubbecke and their was an electrnics store on Steinweg 2, Electronic Zentrum but it is now closed. The owners name is available

I wrote the local police in Lubbecke, Ill let you know if I get a reply!

I'm not seeing it Beamie, but wouldn't that be awesome? Jason and Lyle in the same week?
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

This is interesting. May want to edit the thread title to mention there is a post-mortem included.

He was found with eyeglasses and an eye glass case, although it doesn't mention if they were prescription or not. Just something to note when looking at MP cases for possible matches.

Other items found with body:
    Back pack, matchbooks, pocket knife, hand mirror, map book, 2 tour magazines, paper cup, electrical wires, flashlight, papers, blue twine, cigarette lighter, shaving cream, packet of energy tablets, can of deodorant.

This looks like an interesting case. Good find Beamie!

So, with the maps, tour magazines, pocket knife etc., are we presuming a tourist of some kind with a possible German connection? Was he hiking? Hitch-hiking? Though, for the latter, you'd expect ID to be in his backpack and there wasn't it - unless his cards/wallet were swiped.

Here's the 'cup' that was found, with LE writing on the document.

What do LE mean exactly? An EconoLodge cup like below with an advert on the back for the "Elektronic-Zentrum-Lubbecke" company?

Presumably, the cup was taken from an EconoLodge motel in the Lubbecke area, then? The "Quality Hotel Bielefeld" owned by Choice Hotels is the closest to Lubbecke (Choice Hotels own EcoLodge). Here's their website. "Elektronic-Zentrum-Lubbecke" is 50 km to the hotel, so they probably advertised across a large area and were trying to attract tourists/business people who stayed at the motel. I think where the cup is from is the clue here, not the business advertised on it.

Also, on his NAMUS, it says he was wearing a purple and green jacket, green shirt, purple belt, blue jeans, and grey shoes. What a colorful sight he must have been! Anyone would have seen him coming a mile off.

There must have been a newspaper article from the time - I'll have a look and see if I can find anything, hopefully with more details.

He was found dead at West Mesa of Four Hills. Presuming he wasn't local (the map, international tour magazines etc.), what would have attracted him to this area? Does anyone know? Particular natural landscapes/mountains/hiking trails etc.? It looks like a beautiful - if dry and barren - landscape to me. Google suggests it's a popular cycling route. Can a local shed some light? Here's a photo of the area from Wikipedia:

Just one more thing: if he had his shaving cream and hand mirror with him, it sounds like he was carrying all his belongings in his backpack (if I was taking a day excursion to the mountains, for example, I'd leave the shaving foam in the hotel room). This suggests his ID/wallet/passport (?) were all swiped.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ChloeJ; 12-13-2015 at 10:32 AM.

I just heard back, he's NOT related to Lyle

"UP searches against UP DNA as well since sometimes we’ll have partial remains of one person found in one state for example and the rest of the remains found in another state"

I am somewhat of a local, as I live in Southeast New Mexico.

There is a German speaking Mennonite population in the area, and a question that this brings to me is this : has anyone checked with the local Mennonites ? Is he possibly a visiting relative of one family ?
    "Well, who knows, my dear? In this strange complex of time and space, anything can happen." ~ The Doctor

Can anyone find him at Doe network or Charley project?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast