Christian School Expels Girl for Having Gay Parents

tybee204

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,170219,00.html

ONTARIO, Calif. — A Christian school expelled a 14-year-old student because her parents are lesbians, the school's superintendent said in a letter.

Shay Clark was expelled from Ontario Christian School (search) on Thursday.

"Your family does not meet the policies of admission," Superintendent Leonard Stob wrote to Tina Clark, Shay's biological mother
The school's policy states that at least one parent cannot engage in practices "immoral or inconsistent with a positive Christian life style such as cohabitating without marriage or in a homosexual relationship," Stob wrote.

After school officials told Clark that her daughter could no longer attend the school, the mother was ordered to remove Shay from cheerleading practice, collect the girl's belongings and leave the property.

OK, I'm not the best biblical scholar - but wasn't there something about not visiting the sins of the father on the son or somewhat? I dunno, sounds like the girl is better off out of there, they'd probably be teaching some pretty nasty things about people like her parents - but still, not a very nice thing for them to do.

I agree, Details, I think the girl is much better off out of that school.

As a private school, I suppose it is their right to set their own admission policies, but it sure doesn't seem very Christian to me, especially to have her removed right from cheerleading practice.

And what is up with the school's policy that "at least one parent cannot engage in practices "immoral or inconsistent with a positive Christian life style such as cohabitating without marriage or in a homosexual relationship"? It is alright for one parent to engage in practices the school deems immoral, just not both?

practices "immoral or inconsistent with a positive Christian life style

That must be a very long list of practices!

I shudder to think of the lessons that will be learned by the students remaining in that school.

Details, maybe you were thinking of this from the scriptures: "Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. -Mark 10:14

LovelyPigeon said:
That must be a very long list of practices!

I shudder to think of the lessons that will be learned by the students remaining in that school.

Details, maybe you were thinking of this from the scriptures: "Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. -Mark 10:14
Nah, it was something along the lines of not judging or convicting children for the sins of their parents.

It's the school's right, I suppose...sure doesn't make it "right" or does it?

Anyways, since Pat, Jerry & their "Moral Majority" tell us that Christ will keep this girl out of His Kingdom, it's obvious the school's obligation is to keep her out of their community.

freaking hypocrits, the bunch of 'em...

This is kinda off topic but here it goes. Years ago I was selling fund raising chocolate to schools etc. Ya know what it was almost everyone sold it....anyone one of my clients was a Christian School in N. Georgia. I always set up these little incentives to kick off the program and one of the gifts for students was a ballerina doll. The school prohibited the doll in an assembly and I was shocked....the reason "ballet was dancing". So, yes, that child is much better off in a well rounded educational system.

GonzoReiter said:
It's the school's right, I suppose...sure doesn't make it "right" or does it?

Anyways, since Pat, Jerry & their "Moral Majority" tell us that Christ will keep this girl out of His Kingdom, it's obvious the school's obligation is to keep her out of their community.

freaking hypocrits, the bunch of 'em...
If they say that, they're way off. Even by their standards (and I suspect that they'll find out unpleasantly where Christ might rank them against this girl's parents), the girl has done nothing wrong.

What is the difference between a school that teaches hate against whatever segment of the population they feel is "unworthy" and a school that teaches hate against against the people who do not share their religous values......

A "Christian school" and a a militant Islamic School.......teaching hate disguised as religion........both adhereing to their fundamental "values" and beliefs"......

Hyprocrites..............both teach hate...........but "value" the word of religion which is anything but hateful..............

They're well within their rights being a private school. However, the student and her parents are well within their rights to sue the school. They most likely wouldn't win, but the publicity won't do the school many favors. I wouldn't want my child in such a setting, but there are many people that don't feel that way.

Ya gotta love those "Christians". Anything to pass judgment on others.

There are several biblical verses dealing with the "sins of the father". Although the Laws of Moses declared that "Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sins." [2 Kings 14:6] the Bible is full of stories where people and entire populations are punished -- by man and by God himself -- for the sins of their forefathers. That is, after all, the fate of the "Chosen People", is it not?? So, I guess that "Christian" school did get its rules straight from the bible.

Ezra 9:7
From the days of our forefathers until now, our guilt has been great. Because of our sins, we and our kings and our priests have been subjected to the sword and captivity, to pillage and humiliation at the hand of foreign kings, as it is today.

Psalm 79:8
Do not hold against us the sins of the fathers; may your mercy come quickly to meet us, for we are in desperate need.

Isaiah 14:21
Prepare a place to slaughter his sons for the sins of their forefathers; they are not to rise to inherit the land and cover the earth with their cities.

Isaiah 65:7
both your sins and the sins of your fathers," says the Lord . "Because they burned sacrifices on the mountains and defied me on the hills, I will measure into their laps the full payment for their former deeds."

Jeremiah 32:18
You show love to thousands but bring the punishment for the fathers' sins into the laps of their children after them. O great and powerful God, whose name is the Lord Almighty.

Daniel 9:16
O Lord, in keeping with all your righteous acts, turn away your anger and your wrath from Jerusalem, your city, your holy hill. Our sins and the iniquities of our fathers have made Jerusalem and your people an object of scorn to all those around us.

Ah ha! That's the loophole they are using - it says nothing about not punishing the kid for the sins of her mothers!

Details said:
Ah ha! That's the loophole they are using - it says nothing about not punishing the kid for the sins of her mothers!
Well, at least Shay's moms were refunded $3,415 tuition for half the year plus the art fee (wonder what an art fee is) :confused:

I doubt that the moms will choose to sue, but we'll see.

The real shame here is that this girl will probably turn her back on her religion. I don't understand how any religion can turn anybody away. Assuming that they feel homosexuality is a sin, what happened to hate the sin, not the sinner. The funny thing is, these are the same people who will visit someone on death row and try to save their pathetic souls.

Cypros said:
Ya gotta love those "Christians". Anything to pass judgment on others...
Not to sound mean, but almost all posters on this thread are passing their judgment on this school. It's a thing that we humans do.

I assume that the parents were well aware of this private school's guidelines and still made the decision to have their child educated there.

That being said, I think that the girl should have been judged on her own behavior and her own merit, not her parents.

nanandjim said:
Not to sound mean, but almost all posters on this thread are passing their judgment on this school. It's a thing that we humans do.

That being said, I would think that the girl should be judged on her own behavior and her own merit, not her parents. On the other hand, I am assuming that the parents were well aware of this private school's guidelines and still made the decision to have his/her child(ren) educated there.
I think you are right, the moms should have stated when they registered her what their personal arrangements were

School Site: http://www.ocschools.org/index.cfm
On Home Page you will see...........
Statement from the superintendent regarding a student no longer attending Ontario Christian. Please direct all questions to superintendent@ocschools.org

READ HIS LETTER HERE!

http://www.ocschools.org/letterfromsuperintendent.pdf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth