GUILTY TN - Sienna Owens, 11, fatally shot by 12yo classmate, Estill Springs, 11 Dec 2015

PastTense

Reaction score
An 11-year-old girl was shot and killed Friday night in the garage of a house on Honey Lane in Estill Springs, according to the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department.

According to Sgt. Chris Guess, Sienna Dusk Owens, of Decherd, suffered a gunshot wound to her upper back that was allegedly fired by a 12-year friend. The incident took place in the garage of a residence at 127 Honey Lane in Estill Springs.

“A responding deputy attempted to perform CPR on the little girl until medical personnel arrived,” Sheriff Tim Fuller said Saturday. “She was transported to Southern Tennessee Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.”...

The sheriff said police are continuing to investigate the shooting and evidence will be presented to the Franklin County District Attorney, who will determine if the case will be presented to the Franklin County Grand Jury.
http://www.tullahomanews.com/franklin-co-girl-11-dies-from-gunshot-wound/Sienna-Dusk-Owens-inset-head-with-sign-photo-274x300.jpg

It's not clear yet whether this was deliberate, an accident or recklessness.

OMG how sad for all those affected by this tragedy.

It's not clear yet whether this was deliberate, an accident or recklessness.

One thing that is clear, however, is that it was completely avoidable.

So sad. Sadder still is that this happens every day, and nothing changes.

11-year-old Tennessee girl fatally shot by classmate

fJsr7NQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fJsr7NQ.jpg

The family of an 11-year-old girl who died Friday after allegedly being shot by a 12-year-old acquaintance is struggling to come to terms with her death, according to her father, Danny Owens of Millington...“They are all struggling,” said Owens. “Sienna’s mother (Dara Currie) is having a hard time dealing with her death, as are her siblings. They are all struggling. We are all doing the best that we can. We’re holding up, but we are struggling.”

Owens described his daughter Sienna as being the peacemaker of his children. “She tried to talk others down when they got upset. She had a maturity that was almost of an adult. He said he never saw her angry...

While Owens said he did not hold any anger about the incident, he also said this was not just kids playing with a gun. According to Owens, witnesses at the scene told him that Sienna told the alleged shooter not to point the gun at her...

Dozens of people, including the family of Sienna, attended a vigil Saturday at North Middle School’s soccer field, where red and white balloons were released in her honor. The soccer coach retired Sienna’s jersey.
http://www.tullahomanews.com/decherd-girl-11-dies-from-gunshot/

When Sienna Owens’ name comes to mind, the first thing mentioned is how she was always smiling...

A special memorial service was held Wednesday morning at the school, and those who paid tribute to her repeatedly mentioned how she touched their lives through her positive attitude and smiling face.

North Middle Principal Stanley Bean substantiated that when he addressed the audience that included Sienna’s family members, most of North’s 674 student body, faculty members, administrators and friends.

“You never saw a time where she didn’t have a smile on her face,” he said. “Sienna will be terribly missed at North Middle School.

“It’s always difficult to let a child go, but we’re not letting her go. We’re turning her over to God.”
http://www.heraldchronicle.com/requiem-for-a-fallen-angel/

Again ... :gaah:

Such a beautiful girl.

Who is the owner of the gun? Has the boy been arrested?

Again ... :gaah:

Such a beautiful girl.

Who is the owner of the gun? Has the boy been arrested?

How about have they both been arrested? This really disgusts me, such a beautiful child. She had the kind of beauty that I taught my children, and am doing the same for my grandchildren. That the real beauty is inside you in how you act, and how you treat other people. It sounds like heaven got another angel. RIP little one.

I haven't been able to find out anything about what law enforcement has done. Has anyone?

Why doesn't the media have any interest?

Can someone research this? Thank you.

Why doesn't the media have any interest?

Because it's a feel-bad story that only reminds people of what a huge problem guns (and the gun laws that make them ubiquitous) are in the USA.

e.t.a. -- and because it involves such a young child as the 'perp'.

Because it's a feel-bad story that only reminds people of what a huge problem guns (and the gun laws that make them ubiquitous) are in the USA.

e.t.a. -- and because it involves such a young child as the 'perp'.

You got that right, of course around here you've got to be careful talking like that. It's likely to get you shot. You know those gun nuts, it doesn't take much to get them up in arms..

So it's been 4 months and I can't find any information that the authorities have done anything.

Anyone?

Mother, son face charges in girl’s shooting death

May 5, 2016

Jennifer Ann Amacher has been indicted on five counts of reckless endangerment following an incident at her home last year that resulted in the death of an 11-year-old girl.

snip

On Dec. 11, 2015, Amacher’s son, who was 12 years old at the time, allegedly shot and killed Sienna Owens, of Decherd.

The indictments against the mother were handed up following the May term of the Franklin County Grand Jury. She faces five counts of reckless endangerment because there were five minors present at the time of the incident.

Her son is facing a juvenile petition of reckless homicide. He was Sienna’s schoolmate at the time of the shooting, according to the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department reports. Franklin County Juvenile Court has placed the boy in his father’s custody.

http://www.tullahomanews.com/mother-son-face-charges-in-girls-shooting-death/

Updating this thread:
"December 8, 2016. The Franklin County boy found guilty of reckless homicide in the death of 11-year-old Sienna Dusk Owens one year ago has been sentenced to an indeterminate sentence in state custody.

Mason Amacher, who was 12 at the time of the shooting at his home on Honey Lane in Franklin County, was ordered by Franklin County Juvenile Judge Thomas Faris to state custody with a review of the case set for March 8.

There will be a review of his case every 90 days, according to the judge’s order."

Boy sentenced in death of Sienna Owens

"December 15, 2016. The mother of a middle-school-aged boy sentenced in the shooting death of 11-year-old Sienna Dusk Owens, has pleaded guilty to three counts of reckless endangerment and will be on probation for three years.

Jennifer Amacher, former planning and codes director for the City of Tullahoma, had charged with reckless endangerment with a deadly weapon in Sienna’s death.

She has also been ordered to serve 300 hours of community service and will pay $300 in fines and court costs.

She faced the charges because she was present at the home when the children gained access to a loaded firearm."

Amacher pleads in Sienna Owens shooting

"July 3, 2018. Two and a half years after 11-year-old Sienna Dusk Owens was killed in a shooting incident, her memory will live on through a new state law, referred to as “Sienna’s Law.”

The law, which took effect Sunday, the start of the state’s new fiscal year, makes the punishment harsher for juveniles who are found guilty of first degree murder, second degree murder, voluntary manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide and reckless homicide.

The law ensures that the juvenile defendants will be committed to the Department of Children’s Services for at least a year, or until they turn 19 years old."

‘Sienna’s Law’ now in effect

I wonder how long Mason was in state custody. Can anyone find out? [I am doubtful because most juvenile records are confidential.]

Anyone on Facebook and can check Mason there? I see
Mason Amacher
having a lot of fun fishing and wonder if it is him.

Last edited:
Yesterday I was letting my mind Wonder and it kind of bounced around from The West Memphis Three to John Mark Byers to Danny Owens and then to his daughter Sienna and her tragic murderer. Came across this web sleuth thread when looking for a case update.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back