Los Angeles schools closed due to threat

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
LAUSD Closes Schools Due to Safety Threat

The nation's second-largest school district received the safety threat Tuesday morning and called off classes

By Jonathan Lloyd and Nyree Arabian

All Los Angeles Unified School District schools are closed and all students at school were sent home Tuesday morning while authorities investigate a possible threat, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department...

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Los-Angeles-Schools-Bus-Classes-LAUSD-362374531.html

Breaking News: Unspecified Threat has closed down ENTIRE Los Angeles School District today !!!!!

per CNN----SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED, ---648,000 students are asked to stay home today

All LAUSD schools closed by 'credible threat' of violence

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-85329505/

Officials have closed all Los Angeles Unified School District campuses Tuesday morning after receiving a "credible threat" of violence involving backpacks and packages left at campuses.

Authorities said they plan a search operation of all of the LAUSD's more than 900 schools. The nation's second-largest school district has more than 700,000 students.

I cannot imagine what kind of threat would get them to do such a huge response like this. It must have seemed like a very credible threat. This is going to cost them millions to search every campus.

What a nightmare for working parents this morning. Your kids are going to feel scared, you have to put them somewhere safe at the last minute....yikes

And unfortunately, I think that these type of threats will continue.
What a sad world we live in.
I am glad that the schools are closed. This could save many many lives considering they believe it to be a "credible" threat.
IMOO.

OH>>>>INTERESTING....

Just saw a high school student being interviewed....he had come early because it was FINALS WEEK... :waitasec:

Is this a student hoax to get out of finals?

What a nightmare for working parents this morning. Your kids are going to feel scared, you have to put them somewhere safe at the last minute....yikes

And whoever is causing this threat, knew that the kids would feel scared.
How sad!! To prey on kids....
IMOO.

Yes it's finals/exams week for some high schools from the tweets I've seen.

I heard just a few parts of the live press conference. It was an electronic threat reported by some students. Must have been very credible for them to close the whole school district. The article I posted in the Breaking News thread said the search of the schools will cover 720 sq. miles!

School bomb threats have been around since I was a kid, but in today's atmosphere, better safe than sorry.

Yes it's finals/exams week for some high schools from the tweets I've seen.

If this was some dumb kid that was just trying to get out of finals, I hope he will be severely punished.

The "messaged" threat against was received electronically and mentioned backpacks and other packages, Superintendent Ramon Cortines said at a morning news conference. He described the nature of the threat as "unspecified."

Earlier, another LAPD official described it to KTLA as a "terror threat."

Cortines characterized the threat as "rare," and said it was directed to "students at schools."

He added it was made to "many schools,

http://ktla.com/2015/12/15/lausd-has-received-credible-terror-threat-district-official-says/

Yesterday was the third anniversary of the shooting rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, CT. Locally, a high school and neighboring elementary school were placed on lockdown while LE investigated threats to two nearby businesses. The individual who made the alleged threats was taken into custody, and the lockdowns ended in the early afternoon.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...12/14/auburn-hills-schools-lockdown/77279806/

Oh great....I was going to go to the mall today. It will be full of extra kids now. LOL

If this was some dumb kid that was just trying to get out of finals, I hope he will be severely punished.

If it was a student trying to get out of finals, this student had no regard for anyone.
Very selfish.
IMOO.

I would much rather be looking for a babysitter this morning than a funeral home. I'm completely supportive of erring on the side of caution.

I was headed out to the gym when the LA Schools lockdown was reported. I'll listen for updates on my way and check out CNN while I exercise. Later...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back