Cardinal Spills Secrets from Conclave

tybee204

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Link

ROME — A cardinal has broken his vow of secrecy and released his diary describing the conclave that elected Pope Benedict XVI (search), revealing in an exceedingly rare account that a cardinal from Argentina was the main challenger and almost blocked Benedict's election.

More at link

tybee204 said:
Link

ROME — A cardinal has broken his vow of secrecy and released his diary describing the conclave that elected Pope Benedict XVI (search), revealing in an exceedingly rare account that a cardinal from Argentina was the main challenger and almost blocked Benedict's election.

More at link
Very, very interesting (if accurate) but I don't like someone breaking their vow, either.

Very interesting.

I dunno - I don't like secret practices either. Secrecy breeds unethical behavior.

Very interesting read! Thank you for the link.

:laugh:
Details said:
Very interesting.

I dunno - I don't like secret practices either. Secrecy breeds unethical behavior.
They sure mastered the art of the shell game they managed to play with pedophile priests for so long!

Details said:
Very interesting.

The history of the papacy and papal elections are interesting indeed. Compared to the Old Days (like, say, of the Borgias and Macchavelli) this is nothing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back