OK OK - Jimmy Robinson, 21, Elmore City, 1 Oct 1976

JusticeWillBeServed

Reaction score
A new lead has given renewed hope to the family of Jimmy Robinson. The new information has not yet been specified by authorities.

NamUs

Doe Network

Charley Project

robinson_jimmy.jpg
robinson_jimmy2.jpg

Above Images: Robinson, circa 1976

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: October 1, 1976 from Elmore City, Oklahoma
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Height: 5'6
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair. Robinson had a mustache at the time of his 1976 disappearance. He has a slender, muscular build.

Details of Disappearance
Robinson was last midnight on October 1, 1976, when he stopped by his parents' Elmore City, Oklahoma home. He was living in a rented room in Moore, Oklahoma at the time and working at a car dealership in Del City, Oklahoma. Robinson was driving a green 1974 Toyota Celica, which was on loan from his job. He had an unidentified male passenger who waited in the car. Robinson said he was going to drop him off and return in half an hour. He asked his mother to transfer his laundry from the washing machine to the drier so he would have it ready to wear to work. He left at 12:30 a.m. Robinson never returned and has never been heard from again. The Toyota was later found abandoned a few weeks later on Shields Boulevard in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

Robinson is the oldest of six children. He dropped out of school in his junior year to marry his girlfriend after she became pregnant. They divorced a couple of years later. He joined the Army in 1974, but only stayed for about a year. At the time of his disappearance, he had just started his new job in Del City and was excited because he was about to get his first paycheck.

Few details are available in Robinson's case.

Cold case family still has hope

Just days ago new leads in the cold case of an Elmore City man missing for nearly four decades now gives surviving family members a glimmer of hope in finding out what happened to him all those years ago.

The leads not yet released to the public are about Jimmy Don Robinson, who was 21 years old when he went missing back in 1976.

It’s those leads that now give his three sisters yet another moment of hope to get some closure after an emotional search for answers stretching out over the past 39 years.

Oklahoma family looks for answers in 34-year-old missing person case - October 2010

Authorities: Skull not linked to Okla. cold case - April 2011

Reactions: mrz
http://www.paulsvalleydailydemocrat...cle_c00b75be-a0a8-59ba-aa91-5109b49b8e46.html

The file is getting a few inches thick these days in the cold case of an Elmore City man who went missing four decades ago.

The case appears to have heated up a bit in recent months as Garvin County officials continue to look closer at the disappearance of Jimmy Don Robinson, who was 21 years old when he went missing in 1976.

From a tip that led to the search for a vehicle in a rural pond to even more current actions, Undersheriff Jim Mullett says there’s a lot going on in the case out of the public’s eye.

Car find no help in cold case

http://www.paulsvalleydailydemocrat.com/news/local_news/car-find-no-help-in-cold-case/article_1e6131ca-3cd7-5048-94d2-d91da0953f2e.html

For Garvin County officials the next development hasn’t resulted in any new leads in the cold case of an Elmore man who disappeared four decades ago.

An investigation into the 1976 disappearance of Jimmy Don Robinson has led to the recovery of a car in a farm pond in the Beaty community southwest of Pauls Valley.

“This vehicle is not associated with the disappearance of Jimmy Don Robinson but still investigators will work to determine the owner of the vehicle and why it was totally submerged in the farm pond,” Sheriff Larry Rhodes said.

“This is the second body of water that has been searched relating to the Robinson case,” Rhodes says.

“A pond in the Table Tops was checked using side scan sonar equipment in December of last year. That search had negative results. All actionable leads will be investigated.”

Going on 42 years, since Jimmy Don
was last seen.....
within them years a thousand tears...
we've cried in Agony.
Trapped inside a haunted tale...Of
A Murder Mystery on
Who did what & what's been done
that we can't Find our Missing....
Still looking for the answers
We pray to bring you home
To the one who wrote this script
Is an Author Still UNKNOWN.

A farther, brother, friend and son
Always Remembered & Never forgotten
Is our Beloved, Jimmy Don Robinson❤️

Hello-
I would like to look into this cold case and was wondering if there’s been any info on what he was wearing the night he disappeared. I’ve read many articles and all the Namus, Charley Project and Doe and can’t find that info.

Jimmy Don is a distant cousin of mine. My grandmother and his grandfather were brother and sister so this case is special to me even tho I never met him.

I would like to look into this cold case and was wondering if there’s been any info on what he was wearing the night he disappeared. I’ve read many articles and all the Namus, Charley Project and Doe and can’t find that info.

Jimmy Don is a distant cousin of mine. My grandmother and his grandfather were brother and sister so this case is special to me even tho I never met him.

That is great you are doing this! Best of luck to you!!

Going on 42 years, since Jimmy Don
was last seen.....
within them years a thousand tears...
we've cried in Agony.
Trapped inside a haunted tale...Of
A Murder Mystery on
Who did what & what's been done
that we can't Find our Missing....
Still looking for the answers
We pray to bring you home
To the one who wrote this script
Is an Author Still UNKNOWN.

A farther, brother, friend and son
Always Remembered & Never forgotten
Is our Beloved, Jimmy Don Robinson❤️
I’m so very sorry. Two of my brothers went missing in Oklahoma too. Jimmy ❤️ RIP and Mikey ❤️ RIP.

Yes, the unknown is indescribably cruel and unbearable. My wish for your family is to find peace in your hearts. The answers weren’t what we prayed for but we finally have closure….
jimmy_don_robinson_2.jpg

jimmy_don_robinson_3.jpg

jimmy_don_robinson_4.jpg

Jimmy Don Robinson, 20 years old, went missing the week of his 21st birthday on October 1st, 1976. He arrived at his parent’s home in Elmore City, to wash his work clothes. He put them in the washer and asked his mom to put the clothes in the dryer. Jimmy told her that he was going to drop off the person in his car and would be back in about thirty minutes. He drove off in his dark green and white 1974 Toyota Celica at 1230 a.m. with the unidentified male. He has never been seen since that night.

Jimmy’s car was found abandoned a few weeks later on Shields Boulevard in Oklahoma City.

Jimmy dropped out of school his Junior year to marry his pregnant girlfriend. The marriage only lasted a few years. He joined the Army in 1974, only staying about one year.

Jimmy lived in Moore and had just gotten a new job as a car salesperson in Del City. He was very excited around the time he was last seen because he was getting his first check from his new job.

In December 2015, a new lead was followed to a pond in the Table Top Mountain area near Foster. Nothing was found but this is still an open and active missing persons case.

In December of 1976, Jimmy was 5’6”-5’7” approximately 140lbs. He has grey/hazel eyes with a mustache and wavy dark brown hair. He has the initials “JD” tattooed on the outside of his right forearm, and an Indian with a feather and cattails with the word “Virgo” on his bicep.

Jimmy’s parents, son and two brothers have all passed away with none of them knowing the truth about what happened that cold December night. His other siblings are still hopefully for some answers.

So if you are able to help with any information please contact the Garvin County Sheriff's Department at (405)238-7591 or the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation at (800)522-8017.

Information resource(s):

NamUs #MP20932

Jimmy Don Robinson – The Charley Project

‘The not knowing is just haunting,’ New leads could break an Oklahoma cold case open | KFOR.com Oklahoma City

Jimmy Don Robinson — Oklahoma Cold Cases

The Vanished Podcast released an episode about Jimmy's disappearance
1656417941152.png

On October 1, 1976, Jimmy Don Robinson disappeared from Elmore City, Oklahoma, just a week after his 21st birthday. Jimmy was no longer living at the Robinson family home but stopped by around midnight. His mom had just gotten home after working a late shift and was cooking some dinner for herself. Jimmy briefly spoke to his family, and they noticed there was a man in the passenger seat of the car that Jimmy was driving. They didn't recognize the man, and Jimmy didn't mention who he was. He said he would drop the man off and be back in about 30 minutes. However, Jimmy never returned, and nearly 46 years later, Jimmy's family is still searching for answers.

If you have any information about the disappearance of Jimmy Don Robinson, please contact the Garvin County Sheriff's Office at (405) 238-7591 or Garvin County Crimestoppers at 1-855-211-STOP.

You can follow Jimmy's case on Facebook at Where is Jimmy Don Robinson?, on twitter, and instagram.

Reward could warm up cold case

1686186748760.png

The hope is to warm up a very cold case as the family of an Elmore City man missing for decades is now offering a reward for information.

A $10,000 reward is now being offered for tips that lead to answers to what happened to Jimmy Don Robinson.

Robinson, who folks at the time called Cigar, went missing back on Oct. 1, 1976 as surviving family like his sister, Phyllis Hines of Lindsay, hope someone will come forward with anything that can provide some closure.

Hines and her two sisters continue to carry the torch to find some answers and bring some peace to the entire family.

“With Mother’s Day and Father’s Day I thought this was the perfect time to do this,” Hines tells the PV Democrat.

“This has haunted our family and caused so much pain. I’ve never stopped looking. We’ve been haunted by the rumors. It hasn’t been the rumors but the silence. What did people know?

“I’m praying for closure. I pray to God for an answer to this.”

Some of those rumors about Robinson over the years have been he was murdered and his body dumped in a lake around here.

The thing is family members have and continue to team up with the Garvin County Sheriff’s Department checking out tips like that one.

With Sheriff Jim Mullet all the way on board, searches of area ponds and lakes have been done, including a closer look of the Elmore City Lake in November 2021 with the help of Oklahoma Highway Patrol Marine Enforcement.

Nothing related to the fate of Robinson has been found in those searches as Hines and a nephew, Joshua Shawn, are looking to get the word out about the reward being offered for information.

“For the first time a reward will be offered,” Shawn said.

“The family kind of held back for a while, but now we’re hoping this will maybe incentivize somebody to come forward with information.

“We’ve continued to search. We’ve focused on lakes and ponds around Elmore City.”

The most recent search actually came just a few weeks ago as the family hired a professional diver armed with sonar to search Elmore City’s lake.

“Some people thought he and the car might be in that lake, but the search came up empty,” Shawn said.

In the last couple of years there have been some tips, specifically three times the family has been contacted about an older man named Jimmy Robinson who might fit the description of the young man who disappeared without a trace and no clues nearly 47 years ago.

None of those men turned out to be the Jimmy Don this family is looking to find.

“At the end of the day we don’t know what happened, but we are getting new stories all the time about things we should check out,” Hines said.

“To this day we’re hearing stores about what might have happened. It’s ongoing and never really stops.

“It’s going to take someone to come forward with information. There’s someone out there that knows something.

“Right now it’s in limbo. It has been since I was a little girl. It’s finding a needle in a hay stack.

“It’s not even a cold case – it’s a frozen case. It’s like our last resort.”

Both Hines and Shawn are quick to express their appreciation to the sheriff’s office for its help even though they know it may take away from present day cases.

“Mr. Mullett has been very constructive and helpful,” Hines said. “I know his office is busy and has limited resources, so we appreciate all his help.

“With this being such a cold case it keeps getting pushed down the list,” Shawn said.

“We understand that. It’s a busy county with a lot of grow sites.”

Still, a promise Hines made to her now deceased parents appears to be driving her even today.

“You make a promise to your parents, and you intend to keep that promise,” she said.

“We’ll do everything in our power to bring Jimmy Don home. That’s our hope and prayer.

“If you know anything at all we ask that you come forward.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68
Back