836 users online (132 members and 704 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CO - Paul, 38, & Sarah Skiba, 9, co-worker Lorenzo Chivers, 36, Grandy, 7 Feb 1999

I'm a long time visitor/new member to WS and I wanted to know if anyone knew of a case involving a father, his daughter, and the father's employee who went missing. The case was shown on unsolved mysteries and I also saw the little girls picture on a missing persons website a while ago. The father and daughter were both Caucasian and the employee was a African American male. The police felt that all three were probably murdered because no trace of the individuals was found. I believe that it was probably solved but I never heard about any conclusion to it. Does this case ring a bell to anyone?

I seem to remember an unsolved mysteries segment about a man who maybe drove trucks and his partner in the truck and his young daughter who he took to work all disappeared. Unfortunilty, I don't recall much else about the segment. I seem to think
    there was an update and it was all drug related.

mjak

For any information about something seen on Unsolved Mysteries, check out

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...play.php?f=322

The folks on this forum can answer any question about any episode.

Father, Daughter and Co-worker missing

I'm a long time visitor/new member to WS and I wanted to know if anyone knew of a case involving a father, his daughter, and the father's employee who went missing. The case was shown on unsolved mysteries and I also saw the little girls picture on a missing persons website a while ago. The father and daughter were both Caucasian and the employee was a African American male. The police felt that all three were probably murdered because no trace of the individuals was found. I believe that it was probably solved but I never heard about any conclusion to it. Does this case ring a bell to anyone?

Airys 01 - I too am a long-time visitor who just registered. I love reading all the discussions on here. I'm not on here often because I work a lot and probably won't post too much but again, I'm fascinated by cold cases and reading the discussions on here.

I think I have an answer to your post. When I saw it, I remembered I had just read something on the Charley Project website about the case. You may already have the answer but in case you don't here's the info. The missing trio are Paul Skiba, his daughter Sarah Skiba and co-worker Lorenzo Chivers. They've been missing from Westminster, Colorado since February 1999. Here's the link to Paul Skiba's info:

www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/skiba_paul.html

You can click on that and then the names of the other two that are missing are on Paul Skiba's page if you want to click on their names to get info on them. There really hasn't been too much new on the case, but they have just issued death certificates for all three of them so that is why they updated their case on the Charley Project.

Hope this helps and I look forward to reading about more cold cases on here!

Police Ask For Public's Help On Cold Case Anniversary

Police are asking for the public's help in solving a 9-year-old Westminster cold case involving the disappearance and probable murder of three people.

Since February 8, 1999, the Westminster Police Department and the Thornton Police Department have investigated the suspicious disappearance of Paul Skiba, his daughter Sarah Skiba, and Lorenzo Chivers; an employee of Paul Skiba’s moving company.

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...Y&pageId=3.2.1

Here's our thread about the case. Very odd and sad.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58864

New Profile: Three Presumed Dead After Scalp Found

Police, at first, believed recently divorced small-businessman Paul Skiba had kidnapped his 9-year-old daughter, Sarah, with the help of an employee and that they had all vanished together.

Sarah’s mother, Michelle Russell, reported her daughter missing when she was not returned home after the weekend of Feb. 7, 1999. Thinking Skiba had abducted Sarah in a custody dispute, police sought warrants for his arrest.

But Paul Skiba’s mother, Sharon Skiba, knew he had just borrowed money to buy a third truck for his Tuff Movers company and would never do anything to jeopardize visiting rights with his daughter.

So Sharon Skiba and friends went to the Westminster lot where her son stored his trucks near 72nd Avenue and Raleigh Street, and they found blood smeared inside the cab of the truck and numerous bullet holes on the side of the white 1978 Chevrolet moving truck.

Shell casings were littered about on the ground. Then Sharon Skiba saw pieces of a scalp with hair attached outside the truck.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcase...r-scalp-found/

Here are the Doe Network profiles for them. They were just put on Doe today, 2/21/08, for the first time.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2502dfco.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3660dmco.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3661dmco.html
    Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!

www.findbrianshaffer.com

Ok I have a question, is it possible Chivers killed the father and daughter for some reason and left? The article on doe says that the blood was of the father an daughter but none of the other man. I found that strange.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaBrown23 View Post
    Ok I have a question, is it possible Chivers killed the father and daughter for some reason and left? The article on doe says that the blood was of the father an daughter but none of the other man. I found that strange.
    I thought it was strange too when I read the Doe articles this morning and they didn't mention anything about finding Chivers DNA. I never thought of Chivers as a suspect in this case but when I read that this morning on Doe, it certainly crossed my mind.
    Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!

www.findbrianshaffer.com

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    bumping. I just ran across this case today. Either all three were murdered or Chivers murdered Paul and Sarah. They only found their blood. Paul allegedly had a sum of money on him because he was going to buy a new truck.

Here is an article from 2008

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcase...found/#more-19

Great comprehensive look at the case. 12 pages long.
    http://www.westword.com/2008-02-14/n...rozen-in-time/
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    AHHHHH! I am SO frustrated after reading the article I posted above. The cops in this case were completely incompetent. Why would they treat people the way they did. My God. There are bullet holes, blood, a chunk of scalp but NOPE, not crime committed here. They refused to secure the scene, the refused to treat it as a crimescene and proceeded to contaiminate any evidence there was by not wearing gloves of foot coverings, when they returned the truck after taking it for 'examination' it had hair and scalp stuck to it!

I feel so bad for Paul's mother. She bankrupted herself trying to save Paul's assests and then she was chastized for it and that ***** of a girlfriend took everything for herslef and son. I would never do that to someone. If I knew how broke Sharon was out of trying to keep Paul's assets in place, paying his mortgage, etc I would never take all that money and not offer her any of it. I would be very surprised if the son really is Paul's kid.

I really think that Teresa (girlfriend) and her brother killed Paul, Sarah and Cheevers. Her brother hated Paul, Teresa had already been trying to trap him with the baby for money. It is amazing with no paternity tests done and the fact that Teresa and Paul were not married that she was entitled to anything. It was all for the baby, the courts ruled, but they wouldn't do a paternity test?

The whole case just makes me nuts with frustration!
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

I can't help but wonder if somneone in le was involved with drug trade and that's why the investigation was so poor.
    It does say that sometime later a dna test was done on the baby that showed he was the father, but the grandmother is suspicious of it. I think there had been to many years of distrust between the women for them to ever come together which is sad. Knowing the girlfriend was on disability due to arthritis I can understand why she had to be sleeping a lot etc and I have a feeling his mother never saw her as someone good enough for her son.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post
    I can't help but wonder if somneone in le was involved with drug trade and that's why the investigation was so poor.
    It does say that sometime later a dna test was done on the baby that showed he was the father, but the grandmother is suspicious of it. I think there had been to many years of distrust between the women for them to ever come together which is sad. Knowing the girlfriend was on disability due to arthritis I can understand why she had to be sleeping a lot etc and I have a feeling his mother never saw her as someone good enough for her son.

VB
    From what I understood from the article the paternity test was done but Teresa wouldn't show it to anyone.
    I know that people can be protrayed unfairly in the media but I still can't help but be suspicious of her. The fact she has ran so hard for all of Paul's assets, apparently she flunked the lie detector, she had motive, Paul was planning on leaving her,etc.

The other angle is the drug connection. If it is true he was using the business as a drug selling front that could have certainly been his downfall. I don't know if this is true or just a rumour.
    --Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by gaia227 View Post
    I really think that Teresa (girlfriend) and her brother killed Paul, Sarah and Cheevers. Her brother hated Paul, Teresa had already been trying to trap him with the baby for money. It is amazing with no paternity tests done and the fact that Teresa and Paul were not married that she was entitled to anything. It was all for the baby, the courts ruled, but they wouldn't do a paternity test?
    Well, that seems to be an obvious conclusion. Who benefitted? They had to know he had money on him for the purchase of a truck--so they get that right away. They couldn't risk waiting for a paternity test that would go the wrong way or that Paul might get away with a minimal support order. She might have to work! And find her own place to live! Lorenzo was talking about leaving her sister, so he was expendable. Then they just hang on and wait until the settlement and they get nearly a quarter million dollars.

Big money to people who aren't much on working.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast