1146 users online (273 members and 873 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CAIN, Frederick - Namus 25907

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE
    Age in 1992, 47

Namus 25907

Age last seen 41 to years old
    Date last seen October 20, 1986
    Lakewood, Jefferson County, CO

Eyes Blue
    Hair Auburn
    Height (inches) 70.0
    Weight (pounds) 193.0

On October 21, 1986 Fred Cain left a Health Care Facility near the intersection of West Colfax Avenue and Wadsworth Boulevard to attend an appointment in Downtown Denver. Cain never arrived at his scheduled appointment. It was later determined Cain advised other patients at the health care facility that he was going to Downtown Denver and live with the bums around the railroad yards.

Sergeant Michele Taylor
    303-987-7211
    Case number 86-107047
    Lakewood Police Department

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25907/0/
    Last edited by bessie; 12-17-2015 at 07:56 AM.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    NO IMAGE AVAILABLE
    Age in 1992, 47

Namus 25907

Age last seen 41 to years old
    Date last seen October 20, 1986
    Lakewood, Jefferson County, CO

Eyes Blue
    Hair Auburn
    Height (inches) 70.0
    Weight (pounds) 193.0

On October 21, 1986 Fred Cain left a Health Care Facility near the intersection of West Colfax Avenue and Wadsworth Boulevard to attend an appointment in Downtown Denver. Cain never arrived at his scheduled appointment. It was later determined Cain advised other patients at the health care facility that he was going to Downtown Denver and live with the bums around the railroad yards.

Sergeant Michele Taylor
    303-987-7211
    Case number 86-107047
    Lakewood Police Department

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25907/0/
    Not sure if this is the same guy--but the fact that he has the same date of birth might be coincidental. If it is the same guy, then he is not missing and was living in the Houston Texas area from June 1997-Jun 2001.

The information is from Family History Search.
    https://familysearch.org/search/reco...986~&offset=20
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    Not sure if this is the same guy--but the fact that he has the same date of birth might be coincidental. If it is the same guy, then he is not missing and was living in the Houston Texas area from June 1997-Jun 2001.

The information is from Family History Search.
    https://familysearch.org/search/reco...986~&offset=20

Thank you BigCity! More info like this is awesome. At least there are leads to follow up to confirm or deny 1) whether this is a MP, 2) Whether this MP might be related to our Sand Canyon Doe.
    Proud member of the AFKBPOFPOPL

This MP may be an exception, but in general I've been concerned that Family History Search might be conflating people with the same name: they make 2 people into one person and mix together the details. I noticed this kind of thing going on when I was working on Kuhlman who has a bazillion relatives with the same combination of names and they all look alike. Plus FHS anagrammed the names and turned them into aliases.... Sort of like turning me into ScrimshawFran.

After working on several of these MP's, and googling names first and trying to find primary sources (e.g. cemetery headstones), I could kind of anticipate what was happening in the genealogical sites. On the latter sites, I thought maybe the lists of siblings and other relatives might be the most helpful columns, as well as the general geographical area: one family I looked at had a Missouri bunch, a Georgia (?) bunch and a Virginia bunch. I felt I had to have some corroboration from google references before I could base anything on a genealogical site.

What I think could be said about the genealogical info is that it might give LE an option to get a DNA sample from a relative. For instance, a Georgia bunch in my last example might be a good source for a Georgia MP, the Virginia bunch not so much, but the Missouri bunch maybe, since the Georgia bunch drifted down from Missouri.

I used this approach with Eder, by the way...

Quote Originally Posted by RickshawFan View Post
    This MP may be an exception, but in general I've been concerned that Family History Search might be conflating people with the same name: they make 2 people into one person and mix together the details. I noticed this kind of thing going on when I was working on Kuhlman who has a bazillion relatives with the same combination of names and they all look alike. Plus FHS anagrammed the names and turned them into aliases.... Sort of like turning me into ScrimshawFran.
    I agree Rickshaw Fan. That certainly is possible. I've got a feeling the families are leaving a trail, especially if they have moved to be located in the event the MP is ever located. I'm trying to cross-check the info with FB and other resources now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    I agree Rickshaw Fan. That certainly is possible. I've got a feeling the families are leaving a trail, especially if they have moved to be located in the event the MP is ever located. I'm trying to cross-check the info with FB and other resources now.
    I didn't think conflation and anagramming as a family way to not disappear on their missing relative, but rather as a computer glitch. It's the kind of error that happens with free-for-all data mining with computers.

I understand your concern with the data mining. I've checked several people who I know and the information on Family History Library seems to be accurate. I don't know about other family history sites, but FHL seems to be a good source. I really do think it is a case of leaving a trail from the family, in case the MP is found. Which leads to finding the family if DNA is needed.

DNA

Guidelines for Collection of DNA