Namus 25907

Age last seen 41 to years old
Date last seen October 20, 1986
Lakewood, Jefferson County, CO

Eyes Blue
Hair Auburn
Height (inches) 70.0
Weight (pounds) 193.0

On October 21, 1986 Fred Cain left a Health Care Facility near the intersection of West Colfax Avenue and Wadsworth Boulevard to attend an appointment in Downtown Denver. Cain never arrived at his scheduled appointment. It was later determined Cain advised other patients at the health care facility that he was going to Downtown Denver and live with the bums around the railroad yards.

Sergeant Michele Taylor
303-987-7211
Case number 86-107047
Lakewood Police Department

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25907/0/

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE
Age in 1992, 47

Namus 25907

Age last seen 41 to years old
Date last seen October 20, 1986
Lakewood, Jefferson County, CO

Eyes Blue
Hair Auburn
Height (inches) 70.0
Weight (pounds) 193.0

On October 21, 1986 Fred Cain left a Health Care Facility near the intersection of West Colfax Avenue and Wadsworth Boulevard to attend an appointment in Downtown Denver. Cain never arrived at his scheduled appointment. It was later determined Cain advised other patients at the health care facility that he was going to Downtown Denver and live with the bums around the railroad yards.

Sergeant Michele Taylor
303-987-7211
Case number 86-107047
Lakewood Police Department

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25907/0/

Not sure if this is the same guy--but the fact that he has the same date of birth might be coincidental. If it is the same guy, then he is not missing and was living in the Houston Texas area from June 1997-Jun 2001.

The information is from Family History Search.
https://familysearch.org/search/rec...r:1945-1945~ +death_year:1986-1986~&offset=20

Attachments

• Capture-Cain.PNG
    Capture-Cain.PNG
    12.6 KB · Views: 31
Not sure if this is the same guy--but the fact that he has the same date of birth might be coincidental. If it is the same guy, then he is not missing and was living in the Houston Texas area from June 1997-Jun 2001.

The information is from Family History Search.
https://familysearch.org/search/rec...r:1945-1945~ +death_year:1986-1986~&offset=20

Thank you BigCity! More info like this is awesome. At least there are leads to follow up to confirm or deny 1) whether this is a MP, 2) Whether this MP might be related to our Sand Canyon Doe.

This MP may be an exception, but in general I've been concerned that Family History Search might be conflating people with the same name: they make 2 people into one person and mix together the details. I noticed this kind of thing going on when I was working on Kuhlman who has a bazillion relatives with the same combination of names and they all look alike. Plus FHS anagrammed the names and turned them into aliases.... Sort of like turning me into ScrimshawFran.

After working on several of these MP's, and googling names first and trying to find primary sources (e.g. cemetery headstones), I could kind of anticipate what was happening in the genealogical sites. On the latter sites, I thought maybe the lists of siblings and other relatives might be the most helpful columns, as well as the general geographical area: one family I looked at had a Missouri bunch, a Georgia (?) bunch and a Virginia bunch. I felt I had to have some corroboration from google references before I could base anything on a genealogical site.

What I think could be said about the genealogical info is that it might give LE an option to get a DNA sample from a relative. For instance, a Georgia bunch in my last example might be a good source for a Georgia MP, the Virginia bunch not so much, but the Missouri bunch maybe, since the Georgia bunch drifted down from Missouri.

I used this approach with Eder, by the way...

This MP may be an exception, but in general I've been concerned that Family History Search might be conflating people with the same name: they make 2 people into one person and mix together the details. I noticed this kind of thing going on when I was working on Kuhlman who has a bazillion relatives with the same combination of names and they all look alike. Plus FHS anagrammed the names and turned them into aliases.... Sort of like turning me into ScrimshawFran.

I agree Rickshaw Fan. That certainly is possible. I've got a feeling the families are leaving a trail, especially if they have moved to be located in the event the MP is ever located. I'm trying to cross-check the info with FB and other resources now.

I agree Rickshaw Fan. That certainly is possible. I've got a feeling the families are leaving a trail, especially if they have moved to be located in the event the MP is ever located. I'm trying to cross-check the info with FB and other resources now.

I didn't think conflation and anagramming as a family way to not disappear on their missing relative, but rather as a computer glitch. It's the kind of error that happens with free-for-all data mining with computers.

I understand your concern with the data mining. I've checked several people who I know and the information on Family History Library seems to be accurate. I don't know about other family history sites, but FHL seems to be a good source. I really do think it is a case of leaving a trail from the family, in case the MP is found. Which leads to finding the family if DNA is needed.

Demographics​

Missing Age 41 Years
Current Age 78 Years
First Name Frederick
Middle Name Lee
Last Name Cain

Sex Male
Height 193 lbs
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Circumstances​

Date of Last Contact October 20, 1986
NamUs Case Created August 29, 2014

Last Known Location Map

Location Lakewood, Colorado
County Jefferson County

Circumstances of Disappearance On October 21, 1986 Fred Cain left a Health Care Facility near the intersection of West Colfax Avenue and Wadsworth Boulevard to attend an appointment in Downtown Denver. Cain never arrived at his scheduled appointment. It was later determined Cain advised other patients at the health care facility that he was going to Downtown Denver and live with the bums around the railroad yards.

Physical Description​

Hair Color Red/Auburn
Left Eye Color Blue
Right Eye Color Blue

Distinctive Physical Features​

Tattoo right shoulder of the letter R E or the number 3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics