Date last seen July 03, 1988
Galeton, Potter Co, PA

Eyes Blue
Hair Auburn
Height (inches) 72.0
Weight (pounds) 200.0

Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
No DNA

Barry was last seen on the morning of July 3, 1988, walking east on Route 6 towards Wellsboro, just below his home at the Pine Creek Village Trailer Park in Galeton. He had stopped to talk to some aquaintances along the way. That was the last time anyone saw or heard from him.
Police and the Fire Department, as well as Barry's family and friends searched the area. A helicopter and search dogs were also called in to assist, but no trace of Barry was found.

PA State Police Troop F
570-662-2151
Case number F05-0291872

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7222/0/

Only two pages of Google refs for Barry Keith Douglas, mostly repeats of above.

I googled the anagram: Keith Barry Douglas: nothing, really, although I did note the name in passing in Intelius or other phone directory; location CA.

There are Google entries for Barry K Douglas: plastic surgeon in NY

Barry K Douglas as environmental planner for CA state; can you believe the link goes to his CALPERS pension info? Woah!

Additional avenues for possible additional research: http://www.familytreenow.com/records/people/douglas/barry

Summary: The Barry Douglas combination isn't that unusual; several Barry K, including Kevin. Plus, Barry as a name was popularized in the 50's-60's because of Barry Goldwater.

At this time, I don't think the ancestry or phone directory searches are that important for the task at hand.

The bottom line is that there are dentals for this MP, and he went missing (1988) close enough in time to our UID (1991) that the dentals will be the easiest yeah or nay.

The stats fit this case, so I don't believe this MP should be eliminated without the dental comparison.

The photo with the glasses is James Herring from Erie, not Barry Douglas
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/222dmpa.html

Thanks. Clever you for catching that. I did doublecheck a few times, since he's listed as Barry Douglas in Google images. I was concerned that he didn't look similar enough to the black and whites. I was just going for my third doublecheck when I saw your note. I have therefore eliminated commentary on this photo, and I will remove it.

Anything I removed retroactively was replaced by ***.

Only two pages of Google refs for Barry Keith Douglas, mostly repeats of above.

I googled the anagram: Keith Barry Douglas: nothing, really, although I did note the name in passing in Intelius or other phone directory; location CA.

There are Google entries for Barry K Douglas: plastic surgeon in NY

Barry K Douglas as environmental planner for CA state; can you believe the link goes to his CALPERS pension info? Woah!

Additional avenues for possible additional research: http://www.familytreenow.com/records/people/douglas/barry

Summary: The Barry Douglas combination isn't that unusual; several Barry K, including Kevin. Plus, Barry as a name was popularized in the 50's-60's because of Barry Goldwater.

I found all of those as well, but if you cross-check those with FB, they are not the individual that is missing. I did find a FB page for a Barry Douglas (some friends from PA) everything hidden from view. I like to check to see if there are any other relatives with the same last name, which to me indicates they have contact with family. This particular page had no other Douglas' as friends.

At this time, I don't think the ancestry or phone directory searches are that important for the task at hand. I've actually had people ask me to look at ancestry thru PM, so I'll continue to post ancestry info in the event it helps someone else out.

The bottom line is that there are dentals for this MP, and he went missing (1988) close enough in time to our UID (1991) that the dentals will be the easiest yeah or nay.

The stats fit this case, so I don't believe this MP should be eliminated without the dental comparison.
Agreed.

I found all of those as well, but if you cross-check those with FB, they are not the individual that is missing. I did find a FB page for a Barry Douglas (some friends from PA) everything hidden from view. I like to check to see if there are any other relatives with the same last name, which to me indicates they have contact with family. This particular page had no other Douglas' as friends.

I'm sorry if you find my work irrelevant.

I responded to this case because you indicated that you were unable to find additional information on this MP besides NAMUS. I thought I could make myself useful.

For the task at hand, I believe it's important to reference that CharleyProject and DoeNetwork have been consulted in addition to NAMUS. There were, in fact, new details in those sources, including the name of the MP. This is not unusual.

I believe it's important too to note that relevant Google searches have been conducted (including search terms), so no one has to pursue that avenue unless they have a new thought. We might need this record if the dentals aren't definitive.

I Googled to see if Barry is a nickname or whether his middle and first names have been anagrammed, as have several MP's under consideration in this case. I Googled to see if there were contemporaneous newspaper sources, and new detail, under any name combination.

I did not mean to suggest nor did I imagine that the Barry Douglases I referenced were the MP or related to the MP. They simply reflect the scope of my work.

I'm accustomed to evaluating sources for the quality of the information presented and am always open to the idea that more reliable sources could be chosen.

We are all on the same team Rickshaw Fan, everyone's work is relevant. :grouphug::toastred::whiteflag::yourock::tyou:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back