1137 users online (161 members and 976 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I did see that one too on Family History Library. According to the records Search...United States Public Records, 1970-2009

Description

This collection is an index of names, birthdates, addresses, phone numbers, and possible relatives of people who reside in the United States between 1970 and 2009, although there are a few records outside this range. These records were generated from telephone directories, property tax assessments, credit applications, and other records available to the public.

I had always thought this MP could be our UID (see height and weight), but without more information (e.g. a DNA match via a relative), there's not much of a chance we have it in our hands to make a match.

Note, the NAMUS file was registered in 2013.

Yes, he does look like he could be the one. I'm leaning more toward Kent Ware. The problem I have with Kent is the time he disappeared until the time the UID was found. Kent disappeared in 1984, I believe...but the UID was not found until 1991. If it is him, where was he between 1984 and 1991? Could it be possible he left the state and was on his way back to his family in 1991? It looked like his family was from the Henderson NV area.That would explain the different areas the Isotope hair suggests. Could it be possible the vehicle from OK ran out of gas? Do we have an info on that from the LE's?

I could see a scenario where he was heading back home, stopped in OK to earn some cash to get back home, purchased the vehicle and headed south toward his family. Do we have a description of the purchaser of the vehicle in OK, was it the UID?

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    Yes, he does look like he could be the one. I'm leaning more toward Kent Ware. The problem I have with Kent is the time he disappeared until the time the UID was found. Kent disappeared in 1984, I believe...but the UID was not found until 1991. If it is him, where was he between 1984 and 1991? Could it be possible he left the state and was on his way back to his family in 1991? It looked like his family was from the Henderson NV area.That would explain the different areas the Isotope hair suggests. Could it be possible the vehicle from OK ran out of gas? Do we have an info on that from the LE's?

I could see a scenario where he was heading back home, stopped in OK to earn some cash to get back home, purchased the vehicle and headed south toward his family. Do we have a description of the purchaser of the vehicle in OK, was it the UID?
    The info about the car is in the hands of LE and not available to us. Most of the case info we have available is in the Detectives' sticky thread. You might want to check there. The isotope information reflects just a few months, not years, prior to the UID's death: see Detectives' sticky. Many MP's disappear for years before they wind up dead/found/return home.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    Ok...it is a bit ironic that I've found 2 people now with the same date of birth as the missing individual and the same name still living?? Since I love genealogy, I found this one at Family History Library Search.
    https://familysearch.org/search/reco...0%2CCalifornia
    One option to check the data would be to research the mentions in Family History to see if they lead back to this MP. There might be several Robert Kuhlmans who got mashed together to create the Family History entry. Unfortunately, this is the problem with data mining by computers: the collation algorithms aren't precise enough. The best way to figure out if this information is reliable is to go backwards.For instance, are there bought and sold details from that house, and do they show birthdates? Do they have the exact middle names? Is the gender correct?

I am concerned about this issue of data conflation by computers because I have been a victim. I got conflated with someone with the same name who had 35 bad credit cards. Addresses hours apart. Ages completely different. Different middle names (but same middle initial). We got combined into one person by a computer.

Check the case of Farren Stanberry. I wonder if the UID's mentioned in that thread could be a match?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2