Race White
Sex Male

Eyes Hazel
Hair Red
Height (inches) 76.0
Weight (pounds) 155.0

Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA Status: Sample is currently not available
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

Inspector Morrow
(415) 553-1071
82-2055249
San Francisco Police Department

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/22996/35

Google Search "Robert Kuhlman"

There are several Robert Kuhlmans out there! And red hair everywhere.

Example of a Robert Kuhlman born later and red hair: https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shr...2U3LWJiOGItNDg1MC04OGNhLTc5OWYxNWJhNmY4MA.jpg

Example of a Robert Kuhlman born even later and red hair:
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/458291059777617920/_6Bpp2rm.jpeg
Example of a Robert Kuhlman with red/grey hair:
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...fc3-bce3-0b5fe72ace64/5560f42be4197.image.jpg

Many more of every age....

There are Bob Kuhlmans and Rob Kuhlmans: red hair, similar shaped face! There's a geology professor, a guitar player, 2 guys with cowboy hats, and a several guys with goatees.

Not to mention at least one Lewis Kuhlman, not to mention some "dead of natural causes" Robert Lewis Kuhlmans.

I'm thinking one or more of these may know something about the MP, rumors, family stories...

There doesn't seem to be any information on who reported this MP missing, under what circumstances, where exactly, who his parents were, etc.

Could there be DNA available from one of these other Robert Lewis Kuhlmans (Bobs, Robs) that might be helpful enough to match with a UID? There's got to be a very robust red-haired gene in all these folks..... There could be a "family tree" identifier?

I have now reached a dead end with Robert Lewis Kuhlman...

DONE

Tidbit:

Agency Case Number:
82-2055249

NCIC Number: N/A

Attachments

• Capture-Kuhlman.PNG
    Capture-Kuhlman.PNG
    13.1 KB · Views: 45
Ok...it is a bit ironic that I've found 2 people now with the same date of birth as the missing individual and the same name still living?? Since I love genealogy, I found this one at Family History Library Search.
https://familysearch.org/search/rec...ear1=1900~1950&residence_place1=10,California

Within your link there's an associated San Jose address. I question the reliability of Spokeo, BUT it does show a past resident R**** Kuhlman (*female*) at that address. Strangeness.

http://www.spokeo.com/CA/San-Jose/83-N-13th-St#resident_info_panel_27

I was reading somewhere that if they find a missing adult, they just have to tell the person who reported them missing that the person was found, but they do not have to tell the person where the person is--for privacy reasons. I wonder if that if the case here and the file just has never been updated.

My hubby also mentioned that being California, it is possible an illegal stole his identity. We have to keep that in mind too.

I've found several of these people using family history search--so now---I'm wondering if the families could possibly be still maintaining the missing person's residence.

I think I concluded that vis à vis the Sand Canyon UID, helpful information on this MP has been exhausted.

Ok...it is a bit ironic that I've found 2 people now with the same date of birth as the missing individual and the same name still living?? Since I love genealogy, I found this one at Family History Library Search.
https://familysearch.org/search/rec...ear1=1900~1950&residence_place1=10,California

This entry could represent a conflation of two individuals with the same name, one with an address, the other with a birthdate. There are anagrams of the name listed as well: the computer that did the data collating is really "reaching".

The Roberta entry could be very possible for a girl baby in a family fixated on the name Robert.

I did see that one too on Family History Library. According to the records Search...[h=1]United States Public Records, 1970-2009[/h][h=2]Description[/h]This collection is an index of names, birthdates, addresses, phone numbers, and possible relatives of people who reside in the United States between 1970 and 2009, although there are a few records outside this range. These records were generated from telephone directories, property tax assessments, credit applications, and other records available to the public.

I had always thought this MP could be our UID (see height and weight), but without more information (e.g. a DNA match via a relative), there's not much of a chance we have it in our hands to make a match.

Note, the NAMUS file was registered in 2013.

Yes, he does look like he could be the one. I'm leaning more toward Kent Ware. The problem I have with Kent is the time he disappeared until the time the UID was found. Kent disappeared in 1984, I believe...but the UID was not found until 1991. If it is him, where was he between 1984 and 1991? Could it be possible he left the state and was on his way back to his family in 1991? It looked like his family was from the Henderson NV area.That would explain the different areas the Isotope hair suggests. Could it be possible the vehicle from OK ran out of gas? Do we have an info on that from the LE's?

I could see a scenario where he was heading back home, stopped in OK to earn some cash to get back home, purchased the vehicle and headed south toward his family. Do we have a description of the purchaser of the vehicle in OK, was it the UID?

Yes, he does look like he could be the one. I'm leaning more toward Kent Ware. The problem I have with Kent is the time he disappeared until the time the UID was found. Kent disappeared in 1984, I believe...but the UID was not found until 1991. If it is him, where was he between 1984 and 1991? Could it be possible he left the state and was on his way back to his family in 1991? It looked like his family was from the Henderson NV area.That would explain the different areas the Isotope hair suggests. Could it be possible the vehicle from OK ran out of gas? Do we have an info on that from the LE's?

I could see a scenario where he was heading back home, stopped in OK to earn some cash to get back home, purchased the vehicle and headed south toward his family. Do we have a description of the purchaser of the vehicle in OK, was it the UID?

The info about the car is in the hands of LE and not available to us. Most of the case info we have available is in the Detectives' sticky thread. You might want to check there. The isotope information reflects just a few months, not years, prior to the UID's death: see Detectives' sticky. Many MP's disappear for years before they wind up dead/found/return home.

One option to check the data would be to research the mentions in Family History to see if they lead back to this MP. There might be several Robert Kuhlmans who got mashed together to create the Family History entry. Unfortunately, this is the problem with data mining by computers: the collation algorithms aren't precise enough. The best way to figure out if this information is reliable is to go backwards.For instance, are there bought and sold details from that house, and do they show birthdates? Do they have the exact middle names? Is the gender correct?

I am concerned about this issue of data conflation by computers because I have been a victim. I got conflated with someone with the same name who had 35 bad credit cards. Addresses hours apart. Ages completely different. Different middle names (but same middle initial). We got combined into one person by a computer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back