Dennis Lasker
Age in 1992, 38

Doe Network 1301DMVA

Missing since 1985 from Virginia.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: July 1954
Age at Time of Disappearance: 32 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; weight unknown.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Dentals: Dennis has perfectly straight teeth due to wearing braces.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Dennis Lasker was a model and Executive Producer of the 1984 film "The Ice Pirates". He has not been seen by his family since late 1985.
On an unspecified date in 1986, his wallet and identification were found in a Dumpster in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1301dmva.html

For some reason, I'm betting LGBT assault on this one.

It seems no official missing person have been filed so far for him either in USA or Canada. His niece continue to search for him. His brother, her father, does not want to talk about it. Her email address is available on his doe network profile.

No identifiers available.

http://www.officialcoldcaseinvestig...68-Dennis-John-Lasker-need-help-with-this-one
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1301dmva.html

http://www.officialcoldcaseinvestig...68-Dennis-John-Lasker-need-help-with-this-one
This one has a few details about Lasker's CV that might otherwise be difficult to find. The interesting one is "technical advisor (future)" in 1989, which would be after this MP went missing. I'm thinking this was for a movie that would be called Millenium. Dennis read a story for the writer involved: https://books.google.com/books?id=d...Q6AEISzAL#v=onepage&q="dennis lasker"&f=false

Dennis Lasker on DoeNetwork is listed as having completely straight teeth. It would be likely he could be eliminated with dentals even without more specific information?

Not necessarily. If all the changes are things that could have happened after he and his perfect teeth disappeared, it wouldn't rule him in or out.

I asked a relative who works in entertainment about the notation for the movie Millenium (future) and was told that means he was scheduled to work on it but production hadn't begun yet so there wasn't anything for him to do. Hollywood production cycles are very long and it isn't unusual for good people to be booked years in advance.

Not necessarily. If all the changes are things that could have happened after he and his perfect teeth disappeared, it wouldn't rule him in or out.

I asked a relative who works in entertainment about the notation for the movie Millenium (future) and was told that means he was scheduled to work on it but production hadn't begun yet so there wasn't anything for him to do. Hollywood production cycles are very long and it isn't unusual for good people to be booked years in advance.

Yes, that scenario seems likely. He also seems a lot more involved in movies than in modeling at this point in his career.

He could also have had some work in Vancouver BC where his wallet was found. Vancouver, IIRC, has a thriving movie industry.

It had occurred to me that our UID on purpose removed his own teeth so as to prevent dental ID. In that case, with reference to this MP, there might only be a few "perfect" teeth left.

Apart from that, I'm guessing LE is making dental ID's on our UID, in all instances, from a mouth bone shape and not just teeth, since there are several/many missing.

I am Dennis Lasker's step brother and we were very close. I was closer to him in 1980 than any other of his relatives. I had given up looking for him but recently saw his picture and interest rekindled. If more info is discovered I will be watching.

I am Dennis Lasker's step brother and we were very close. I was closer to him in 1980 than any other of his relatives. I had given up looking for him but recently saw his picture and interest rekindled. If more info is discovered I will be watching.

Hi and welcome to Websleuths.

Can you tell us any more about your stepbrother that might help us find him?

Did you look at the rest of the threads in this forum to see if you think he might be the decedent?

Glad to have you here and I hope we can help you out.

Has he been reported missing to law enforcement? If so, who is the investigating agency?

I was trying to find out where this movie was filmed, since his ID ended up in BC. It didn't give me any information but I read the background on this film on Wiki it states:
"Production was difficult due in part to MGM getting a new studio head, Frank Yablans.[8] Raffill says the film "ended up being a fiasco... MGM went through a transition and they brought in a new guy, who was eventually found out to be stealing money from the company. He was a little problematic sort of a fellow. And he had a bad time with John Foreman so he tried to sabotage the film. Pulled the money out on them, but we did finish it."[3] Raffill says "Turns out the producer was a close friend of Paul Newman's and the studio head had said something derogatory about Paul Newman's wife and so the producer had punched him!"[5] "At the end of the film, they were meant to arrive at Earth and they fly over the beaches of Malibu with everyone swimming in the water and the studio head cut that out! He never told me and it was gone. I had to drink vodka to calm myself down."[5]"

The Ice Pirates - Wikipedia

Could this unnamed producer be Dennis Lasker? Perhaps his disappearance is related to him stealing funding for the film. Just a thought.

According to the podcast The Secret History of Bennington, Dennis Lasker was the boyfriend of producer John Foreman. The podcast even makes mention of his "straight white teeth."

I do not believe, as the above poster suggests, that Dennis was involved in any misconduct on The Ice Pirates. John Foreman has him back, working on Prizzi's Honor the following year.

There is a character based on Dennis in Bret Easton Ellis' The Shards, an online only (so far) novel. Ellis changes Dennis' name to Steven Reinhardt, and he is the right hand man to Terry Schaffer, who is the John Foreman stand in. It's not a very flattering portrait. I wouldn't discount an even more sinister ending for Dennis, but as I said we will likely never know. I'd be very curious to know more about his life, and the activities and interactions of his final days.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back