William C. Stonecipher
Age in 1992, 33-34

Namus 9057

Case Information
Status Missing
First name William
Middle name Christopher
Last name Stonecipher
Nickname/Alias Chris Stonecipher, Christopher Stonecipher, William Joseph Stonecipher, Stony
Date last seen August 09, 1990 16:35
Date entered 12/31/2010
Age last seen 32 to years old
Age now 58 years old
Race White

Sex Male
Eyes Blue
Hair Blonde
Height (inches) 70.0
Weight (pounds) 185.0

Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA Status: Sample is currently not available
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

Texas Dept of Public Safety
512-424-5074
Case M9009001

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9057/197

I'll take this one.

Right off the bat, this guy seems a little short and heavy.

He also seems to be young to have any gray hair, and there's gray hair in the LE photograph? IIRC?

Per Namus:

He left his mother's apartment to go to the store and has not been seen since. His truck was recovered in a remote wooded area in Hardin County. The keys were missing, but his wallet and driver's license were found in the vehicle.

Pinehurst, TX, in Orange County

Google:

His name is William Christopher Stonecipher.

This makes sense of his various aliases
Christopher Stonecipher
Chris Stonecipher
William Joseph Stonecipher
Stoney

William, Christopher, and Joseph are very common names in the Stonecipher family tree. They show up in TN, some in midwest.

From Tennessee and Missouri to Texas roots: the CEO of Boeing Corp, Harry C. (Christopher?) Stonecipher, who resigned in a BIG romantic scandal.

Enough of this rabbit hole!

Google:

Intelius says William Chris Stonecipher, age 58 (presumably as of this date), from Orange TX is related to Rita Stonecipher.

Intelius says there is a William Woford Stonecipher, also from Orange TX, age 79. Is this the father?

One or more Rita Stoneciphers, age 77-78, from Texas are related to William S and Joseph S. This is presumably MP's family.

http://www.intelius.com/people/Rita-Stonecipher

Since there are family members/relatives, presumably a DNA link could be found if our UID is a Stonecipher.

Since it looks as though there are parents, maybe more information can be found about his disappearance?

The entries say foul play is suspected, but I'm thinking this could have been a suicide... Hard to know without more backstory.

I have no way to verify why foul play would be suspected.

If Stonecipher were the guy, family might have known if there were teeth missing at a date substantially before our UID was found (which is a prerequisite we're working on?)...

I think the Stoneciphers were at least a middle class family, so it seems unlikely that teeth were in poor shape.

The earlobes of Stonecipher stick out a lot. His upper lip protrudes quite a bit over his lower jaw (like he blows the trumpet or something); this may be bad teeth? Bad orthodontia?

The photo of Stonecipher in LE TX records was updated in 2001, 11 years after his disappearance in 1990. http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/m...d='M9/28/20011:31:31PM'&Person=Missing Person

It still seems astonishing to me that a family, apparently with so many similarly-named relatives, wouldn't have more photos of this guy. Family holidays? Guy friends? Girl friends? Odd.....

No yearbook or high school information located. No job history located.

Interesting that Prepaid Legal (of Jodi Arias trial fame) Founder was part of this family: Harland Stonecipher , MO.

Thoughts: William Christopher Stonecipher seems really unlikely for the identity of "our" UID. There's too much that doesn't seem to fit including his weight and height, being too young to have grey hair, and the find of his car in the woods, which suggests he was no longer with the living at the time of his disappearance. If foul play is suspected, I'm guessing LE has more info on the circumstances of his disappearance. If not, this kinda shrieks suicide...

DONE

Mother was also known as Rita Epps. (Family History Library Search) Christopher W Epps Amarillo Texas 1994 (Perhaps) ??

There is a Stoney Stoneciper on FB. Not sure if related.

There are a lot of Stoneciphers and a nickname of "Stoney" for a Stonecipher is likely to be common as well. Hard to tell if these Stoneciphers are relatives. If DNA was needed, this route might be helpful to develop.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but this seems to be the only thread for William Stonecipher. William is missing from Pinehurst, TX. Some human remains were recently found in Pinehurst by LE investigating a missing persons case: http://m.orangeleader.com/2017/10/19/human-remains-discovered-in-wooded-area-in-pinehurst/

No idea if the remains could be William but I only found him and one other person missing from Pinehurst, TX (Eulan Hodgkinson is the other).

That's interesting.

It sounds like they were looking for a specific missing person, which could mean somebody recent who was in danger, or could mean a tip or something from a much older case.

William doesn't currently have any identifiers, according to his Namus page. I wonder if they'll get DNA now?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back