GUILTY NY - Martin Shkreli, drug price-gouging CEO, arrested for fraud, Dec 2015

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
NY Daily News:

Martin Shkreli, detested pharma CEO who jacked up
price of AIDS pill, arrested for securities fraud: report

Maybe he can sell that Wu Tang album for bail.

The much-hated pharmaceutical entrepreneur who jacked up the price of a life-saving AIDS pill by more than 5,000% was arrested for securities fraud.

Martin Shkreli, Turing Pharma's CEO, was taken into FBI custody early Thursday amid a federal investigation related to his former hedge fund.
---
Earlier this month, the “pharma bro” said he wished he raised the price even more.

“I could have raised it higher and made more profits for our shareholders, which is my primary duty,” he said.
---
the rest, with video, at link above

Gothamist:

Feds: Martin Shkreli was running multi-million-dollar Ponzi Scheme

The brash and widely-despised pharmaceutical CEO Martin Shkreli orchestrated a "web of lies and deceit," U.S. Attorney Robert Capers said in a press conference after Shkreli's arrest today. "His plots were matched only by efforts to conceal the fraud, which led him to operate his companies, including a publicly traded company, as a Ponzi scheme, where he used the assets of the new entity to pay off debts from the old entity."

Shkreli, a 32-year-old apparent wunderkind, had founded a hedge fund, MSMB Capital in 2009. The feds allege that MSMB Capital was failing—with only $700 in its accounts while Shkreli claimed it had $35 million— and, based on various lies, Shkreli got another $3 million in investments.

After abandoning MSMB Capital, Shkreli then created MSMB Healthcare and Retrophin Pharmaceuticals, for the alleged purpose of paying back MSMB Capital investors. Andrew Cereseny of the Securities Exchange Commission said, "Shkreli committed fraud in nearly every aspect of his hedge fund managing."
---

more at the link, with pics, chart, more links

Nasty piece of work. Wonder if he'll survive prison? He seems like such a narcissist.

Oops, better say that IMO he is guilty as hell and of course that's only my opinion.

Feb 4, 2016 Reuter link with some highlights of article on Shkreli....who mocked the hearing and was able to leave early because he would not answer anything. Shkreli commented he was told how to smile and act while in the hearing. Shkreli is still facing other charges. Link Below

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-shkreli-idUSKCN0VD20S

"Former drug executive Martin Shkreli laughed off questions about drug prices and tweeted that lawmakers were imbeciles on Thursday, when he appeared at a U.S. congressional hearing against his will."

... U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform hearing, "Shkreli repeatedly invoked the Fifth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which says no person shall be compelled in any criminal case "to be a witness against himself."''

On his Twitter account he wrote....." "Hard to accept that these imbeciles represent the people in our government." "

Shkreli left early as he refused to answer any questions...just gave several kinds of facial smiles...which IMO were pretty creapy.

"Representative John Mica, a Florida Republican, said he would consider asking fellow lawmakers to hold Shkreli in contempt for his behavior."

Shkreli still faces other charges and is out on bond.

I caught a very short update of his appearance yesterday.....what a disrespectful, smirking, rude little punk. Waiting for karma to catch up with this twit.

Is it wrong to want to smack that smug look right off his face? I can not believe someone was so disrespectful while speaking to members of Congress. What a jerk.

No one should be allowed to hold the cost of life saving drugs in their hands without any control over prices etc. The fact he was able to do this at all is just scary. Medications should not cost so much, it seems other countries have laws in place for stuff like this. And drug companies make fortunes here in the US.. Drug lobbyists are the worse. No wonder people go to Mexico and internet for drugs, the US pays more than any other country for our meds.

Smiling 'Pharma bro' Martin Shkreli pleads not guilty to new securities fraud charges

'Pharma bro' Martin Shkreli was charged with securities fraud on Friday

On Monday he pleaded not guilty in a New York City courthouse

It is alleged he committed an $11m ponzi scheme with investors' money

Shkreli, who denies the former charges, is expected to go to trial next year

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kreli-pleads-not-guilty-securities-fraud.html

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/he-...mediate-dislike-to-pharma-bro-martin-shkreli/

Jury selection started out slowly in the trial of the price-gouging “pharma bro” Martin Shkreli, because potential jurors just don’t like him.

“This is the price gouger of drugs,” one potential juror said. “My kids are on some of these drugs. This impacts my kids.”

“I think he’s a very evil man,” said another woman. “I don’t think I can be fair. My opinion is pretty well formed. I wouldn’t want to serve on this jury.”

But even jurors who had never heard of Shkreli seemed to hate him on sight.

“I looked right at him, and in my head, I said, ‘That’s a snake’ — not knowing who he was,” said one woman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back