'Dumb and Dumber' robbers sentenced

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
DENVER, Colorado (AP) -- Two Australian men whose bumbling robbery of a bank earned them the nicknames "Dumb and Dumber" were sentenced to prison Friday by a federal judge who said even an inept bank robbery is a serious crime.

Anthony Prince, 20, was sentenced to 41/2 years and Luke Carroll, 19, was sentenced to five years, and they were ordered to pay combined restitution of $21,657.

They pleaded guilty in June to the March robbery of a bank in Vail.

Both men, who came to the United States from Australia last fall to work in the resort town, expressed regret and remorse for their actions and apologized to the two bank tellers who were on duty when they used unloaded BB guns to make away with $129,500.

"What I did was greedy and selfish but I'm still not sure why I did it," Prince said.

Carroll's sentence was longer because he threw one of the bank tellers to the floor.

Carroll and Prince were dubbed "Dumb and Dumber" by the media after details of the robbery surfaced.

Witnesses said the men, childhood friends from the northern coast of New South Wales, had distinct accents and wore badges similar to ones worn by staff at the ski shop where Prince and Carroll worked. Vail ski resort employees told police Carroll and Prince used their ski passes to board a chair lift about one-quarter mile from the bank within minutes of the robbery.

Investigators soon found mug shots of Carroll and Prince, who were arrested in January for allegedly shooting out windows with a paintball gun, and distributed their photos on an FBI flier.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/09/23/bumbling.robbers.ap/index.html

:laugh:
wore badges similar to ones worn by staff at the ski shop where Prince and Carroll worked :slap:

Good grief! :waitasec:
fran

I am sure their "distinct" accent did not stand out like a sore thumb either along with the ski badges.........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back