How This Forum Works *PLEASE READ*

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Last seen in June 1989, Mark KROSTEWITZ may have been planning a trip to Europe, however, relatives in Europe have not seen him or heard from him. His whereabouts remain unknown.

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2014004157&id=5

The UID has a similar face, strong jaw and long face, eyes set fairly close. Sorry if this has already been posted. I've forgotten where we left off and need to do some refresher work.
Hi, musicaljoke. Right now, we're working on the 48 50 names remaining on "the list".

Here's a snip from mmarty's post a couple of days ago.

Ok, I sent the new list off and it should be posted here soon. We are down to 48 50
names (approximately) on the list that we started that had around 3,000 I believe matching our John Doe. As far as tasks go, I can only think of checking these names against the circumstances and facts I have told you and see if there is a fit.
Here's the current plan:

1. Members picks a name, or names, from the 48 50 that they wish to research

2. Members post their choices in Carbuff's sticky thread, Who's working on what

3. Individual threads have been set up for each of the 48 50 missing persons. Members will use the case threads to add information from their research, and to work on comparisons. We'll keep this thread open for questions, comments on progress, and general information.

4. Wenwe will maintain The List.

5. Carbuff will keep track of which members are working which cases, so that there's no duplication of efforts, and coverage is spread out among all of the 48 50.

6. Carbuff will start working on mapping out the Iso Regions. Research and information on this topic will be appreciated, and can be posted in a special sticky, Isotope Regions.

7. The :cop::cop:, mmarty and lcosdetectives, will review the information posted in the threads. From time to time they will check in to post updates, which members can find in this thread, Reserved for LCSODETECTIVES and MMARTY,

8. The mods will be around to make sure no one is slacking. :thewhip: :floorlaugh:

This is 100% a team effort. All members are invited and encouraged to roll up their sleeves and pitch in. Newbies shouldn't feel intimidated because the UID forum is like a big classroom, where members share knowledge and learn from one another. The work is tedious, monotonous, but also interesting, and at times exhilarating. <<----- This is what we're shooting for, restoring a man's name.

Is there a post that has all of the relevant known facts for our UID? I'd like to have it in my working thread for quick comparison. If there is not such a compilation, I volunteer to put that together for us to share.

Is there a post that has all of the relevant known facts for our UID? I'd like to have it in my working thread for quick comparison. If there is not such a compilation, I volunteer to put that together for us to share.
I've been thinking about the best way to do this since we have a lot of information spread out in various places. It would be helpful to have a working post with bullet points of the most basic, relevant facts. If you'd like to have a go at it, that would be great. Here are a few links from which you can information.

This first link is the case summary posted by lcsodetectives. I would start here, and also review the other posts in the detectives' thread, as facts were added in subesequent posts.

Case Summary April 5, 2015

And here is the Namus profile: Namus 7582

In this post, PoirotryinMotion compiled relevant photos and links.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nd-Canyon-Road-Mar-92&p=11712321#post11712321

:tyou:

You've put a lot of time into this case. It's appreciated!
I've been thinking about the best way to do this since we have a lot of information spread out in various places. It would be helpful to have a working post with bullet points of the most basic, relevant facts. If you'd like to have a go at it, that would be great. Here are a few links from which you can information.

This first link is the case summary posted by lcsodetectives. I would start here, and also review the other posts in the detectives' thread, as facts were added in subesequent posts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nd-Canyon-Road-Mar-92&p=11712321#post11712321

I have no idea how I ended up here, but is further assistance needed/wanted on this case?

If so, where should I start?

Below is the super abbreviated "bullet points", focusing on physical characteristics for the purposes of very quick comparison to our listed possible matches. Please feel free (anyone) to make suggestions on how to improve this as needed.

574UMNV.jpg

&#8226; March 12, 1992 &#8211; UID found -skeletonized in Sand Canyon, NV
&#8226; between 35 and 50 years old
&#8226; between 6&#8217;0&#8221; and 6&#8217;3&#8221;
&#8226; reddish/brown hair
&#8226; dental work done, to include a root canal & missing several teeth
&#8226; had been stabbed & body missing both hands and feet
&#8226; Levi Strauss 517 size 33 waist and 36 Long
&#8226; black Stadia shoes &#8211; too small for whoever wore them - had been repaired
&#8226; probably died sometime between 4 and 14 months prior to discovery

I'd like to offer this link as a tool to visualize our UID's possible body proportion to compare to our possible matches. You enter the known measurements and get a visual model, pretty neat. I think think could be useful in other cases as well. http://bodyvisualizer.com/male.html

Here is a visual representation of our Sand Canyon UID using the physical data we have been given to work with:
UID visualizer1.jpg

Below is the super abbreviated "bullet points", focusing on physical characteristics for the purposes of very quick comparison to our listed possible matches. Please feel free (anyone) to make suggestions on how to improve this as needed.

View attachment 85948

&#8226; reddish/brown hair
&#8226; dental work done, to include a root canal & missing several teeth
&#8226; had been stabbed & body missing both hands and feet
&#8226; Levi Strauss 517 size 33 waist and 36 Long
&#8226; black Stadia shoes &#8211; too small for whoever wore them - had been repaired

I hope you do not mind if I suggest few additions to the list of UID Profile however I no longer recall precise details.

&#8226; reddish/brown hair (I think there was actual picture of strand of hair from this UID posted, we could determine or it was mentioned by LE probable length of his hair?)
&#8226; dental work done, to include a root canal & missing several teeth (I think it was mentioned 9 (?), and LE did mentioned which ones)
&#8226; had been stabbed & body missing both hands and feet (to add that it is presumed to be cut off but could be also due to animal activity - just so whoever might be going through the brief details here does not jump to conclusions)
&#8226; Levi Strauss 517 size 33 waist and 36 Long (to add colour and that they were found still in good shape rolled in blanket)
&#8226; black Stadia shoes &#8211; too small for whoever wore them - had been repaired (to add that there were found quite far (a mile?) and unsure if belonged to UID

Further suggesting to add (but details should be checked to make it accurate)

• blanket with bit of paint (type and colour of blanket and what colour of paint), uid seems to be transported in it, (do not remember if he was covered with it or if it was under him)
  • remains of famous Tshirt with theme of hawk and his feathered tail on round orange background, still on UID (probably to add better description of it than I just did)
  • remains of underwear waistband (I think that was found nearby, not on him?)
  • what seemed like makeshift camp near by (details about it)
  • sighting of the dog (type of the dog and timeframe when seen)
  • broken dog collar found near by UID (type, colour and that it might not be related)
  • car with Oklahoma plates hidden nearby (when found, how far from UID and that it might not be related)
  • anything else I have forgotten

Perhaps we could repost here the pictures from the case so we have them all together ? (of dog, JD hair, t'shirt and anything else that was presented).
Above are just my suggestions, sorry my memory is quite vague about the specific details.

MrsObrien, really thank you for providing visualization link, I think its absolutely brilliant tool and it might help with lots of cases here. I will definitely use it. I remember something similar was used with one UID with lots of tattoos, so not just 3d body shape was visible but also placements and size of tattoos. Even though he was unidentified for some time, once LE compiled the image and made it public, case was resolved pretty quick. So again, thank you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back