1399 users online (264 members and 1135 guests)  

Websleuths News

TN - Zaevion Dobson, 15, killed shielding girls from gunfire, Knoxville, 17 Dec 2015

Police: Football player killed shielding girls from gunfire
    KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A high school football player was killed as he shielded three girls from gunfire as several men went on a shooting spree in Tennessee, police said Friday.

The shootings that killed Zaevion Dobson, 15, began Thursday night, said Knoxville Police Chief David Rausch. The first person shot was Lisa Perry, 46, who was inside her apartment at the time. She is expected to survive.

Rausch said Perry's 23-year-old son, Brandon Perry, and several other men then drove to the neighborhood where Dobson lived and "randomly fired multiple times."

The girls shielded by Dobson were not hurt, he said.

Brandon Perry was later found to have been shot after he crashed a car into another apartment. He died from his injuries on Friday morning. Two other men who fled from the crash were arrested, though one was later released after being questioned.
    http://news.yahoo.com/police-footbal...181634938.html
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

RIP Zaevion. What a hero. So heartbreaking!
    My opinion only, unless referenced or supported by a link! And my websleuth opinions remain exclusive to websleuths. Thank you!

This is truly heartbreaking. What a noble young man. I hate to see him dying at such a tender age over NOTHING at all. So tragic. I hope the girls whose lives he saved dedicate their lives to him and make him proud. RIP young hero
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    This is truly heartbreaking. What a noble young man. I hate to see him dying at such a tender age over NOTHING at all. So tragic. I hope the girls whose lives he saved dedicate their lives to him and make him proud. RIP young hero
    I love the way you put things, katy. Sometimes I am at a loss for words and then I read your post and it just sums things up so well. Thanks.
    My opinion only, unless referenced or supported by a link! And my websleuth opinions remain exclusive to websleuths. Thank you!

What an incredible heroic act! So sad for his family.

So sad. this young man was on track, working toward a successful adulthood one day, and never got there. What an incredibly heroic, quick thinking act, shielding the girls.

I agree, I hope those young ladies don't carry the weight of his actions in a negative way but rather live full happy lives in order to honor the one lost.

RIP Zaevion

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    UBM

Yes, what a truly American story. Not sure such heroics would be required, anticipated or expected in any other location.

While I don't yet see why these girls should have the burden to dedicate their lives to anyone regarding the situation they were all placed in, including a burden and dedication to the young man who jumped in front of them while the all American ammo was flying, I'm sure I will someday.

Not enough guns in the right hands that night? Too many guns in the wrong hands that night? Idk.

I hope the 3 girls receive counselling for PTSD or any other disorder that could arise for them and learn to accept that someone chose to shield them from an accepted practice in their country, not knowing or comprehending in the moment what the outcome would be.

RIP Zaevion Dobson.

So, who shot Brandon Perry dead and wounded his mother Lisa? Should more retaliation be expected? And if retaliation occurs, more retaliation after that?

And one of the guys doing the shooting to vindicate his mother being shot at earlier; Was found dead in the car after being shot himself. Wth.

Maybe he should have called the police before doing a vigilante shooting at innocent people and others from other neighborhoods. Jmo
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

From last week:

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/leade...olence/9740323

At roughly 2 a.m. the following morning, on Dec. 18, Perry was tracked down by a number of unknown individuals and shot several times while driving his vehicle. He crashed it into an apartment and died a few hours later.

Police arrested his passenger Christopher Bassett, and charged him with being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm and violation of probation. Authorities believe Bassett is connected to some of the shootings, and more charges are pending.

Police are still looking for Kipling Deshawn Colbert, Jr,, 20, whom they believe may have information about the shootings.

Really tragic, and the violence continues

​Tenn. boy, 12, shot dead after honoring slain cousin
    A 12-year-old Tennessee boy was shot dead Saturday hours after he attended an anti-violence basketball game to honor his 15-year-old cousin who was killed in a December shooting, according to news reports.

Jajuan Hubert Latham died of a gunshot wound to the head after the shooting at a park in Knoxville just before 10 p.m., police said Sunday in a news release. There were at least 200 people gathered at the park for a cookout, reports CBS affiliate WVLT. Latham was reportedly in the back of his father's parked car when gunfire erupted between a group of people in the park and occupants of two passing vehicles, reports CBS affiliate WREG.

Police believe the shooting was gang-related.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-t...-slain-cousin/