DE - Nathan Leppo, 7, Death by Suicide

That's just awful. At that age, there would need to be a lot of convincing evidence for me to believe a suicide. I mean, I've struggled with depression my entire life; my brother killed himself when I was 5 and he was 17, so I did more than my share of pondering on the subject from a young age. IMO, really, at that young, I'd be hard pressed to even call a deliberate death an actual ...well, wait....

Are they saying it's a suicide in the very strict sense of having caused one's own death? What is usually put on an accident like that's? Manner as accident cause being strangulation, etc.??? Huh. I need more information.

Y
That's just awful. At that age, there would need to be a lot of convincing evidence for me to believe a suicide. I mean, I've struggled with depression my entire life; my brother killed himself when I was 5 and he was 17, so I did more than my share of pondering on the subject from a young age. IMO, really, at that young, I'd be hard pressed to even call a deliberate death an actual ...well, wait....

Are they saying it's a suicide in the very strict sense of having caused one's own death? What is usually put on an accident like that's? Manner as accident cause being strangulation, etc.??? Huh. I need more information.

((((Flourish))))
I am so sorry. :(

I'm not buying this. Look how happy he looks!

Flourish :blowkiss:

My first thought was that he might have been fooling around and somehow got caught in the shower cord. But now I'm wondering if he could have been murdered. I think LE should look into this because I don't think it was a deliberate suicide. Something seems 'off'.

I wonder about that too but I don't think it is the case.

When people do things that inadvertently lead to their death the coroner calls it accidental. Otherwise a whole lot of deaths would be considered suicide including drownings, car accidents, falls, choking, etc...

Martha Sexton is the last person who saw 7-year-old Nathan Leppo alive. She has waited patiently to tell her side of the story. She has listened while Nate’s family members said how much they loved him. She’s listened to them question how a state agency could allow him to stay with someone not related to him. And she has also heard them question how he could have committed suicide while in her Oak Orchard home.

Now she wants to speak her mind.

“No one cared about that boy when he was alive,” said Sexton, 49. “Then when he dies everyone came out of the woodwork and acts like they care.”
http://capegazette.villagesoup.com/...eppo-was-looking-for-peace/1461232?cid=835473

Heartbreaking. And after reading that article and the "family's" comments, I believe this poor child chose to die rather than leave the only safetly and love he had ever known.

WTH is wrong with people who breed like roaches and abandon, abuse and neglect their babies. I hate those people so much.

None of this makes sense to me? It all seems off. How Nate ended up with Sexton even confuses me? Did all this get approved by the Courts? And what happened to the other children? If Nate was not allowed to move with them, then why were the other children allowed?

According to Sexton, Nate would become irritated after speaking with his father and it almost seems as if the father may have been taunting him (that's the way Sexton made it sound). If Sexton felt this to be the case, then why not go to Court and ask that the father have supervised access to Nate?

Was Nate getting Court ordered counseling and if not, then why the he!! not? He was abused and abandoned (IMO).

I just don't know what to think? I don't know what to think about any of them? It all seems shady to me.

I don't want to believe this little boy was so distressed that he killed himself, but if he was (tears), I hope this little angel is at peace.

This case brought me to tears.

Sleep peacefully, Nathan.

When news circulated in late September that a 7*-year*-old boy named Nathan Leppo had taken his own life at a home in Oak Orchard, many people were flabbergasted at the mere thought of a 7-*year-*old suicide.

But when reporter Melissa Steele began asking questions of state officials so we could report responsibly and accurately about a highly unusual and disturbing incident, she found one closed door after another.
http://capegazette.villagesoup.com/p/community-needs-information-to-respond/1462921

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back