Found Deceased FL - Heather Grimshaw, 45, Collier County, 26 Aug 2015 *Arrest*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Heather Lee Grimshaw

Heather+Grimshaw.png

Investigators ID human remains found in August as missing Collier woman Heather Lee Grimshaw
Investigators with the Collier County Sheriff’s Office announced Friday that they were able to use fingerprints to identify a woman whose remains were found by hikers in the Picayune Strand State Forest in late August.

Detectives identified the woman as 45-year-old Heather Lee Grimshaw, of East Naples.

A case report says Grimshaw told her boyfriend she was going on an out-of-state trip with a friend named Ashley. She was last seen at her home on Aug. 26, three days before her remains were discovered. A missing persons report was made Nov. 18 by a caller to Crime Stoppers.

Investigators have not yet determined how Grimshaw died but believe the location where she was found is reason for concern.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/loca...ns-found-in-August-as-missing--362963301.html

Her boyfriend saw her last? He didn't report her missing?

Is that correct?

Also did I miss something in the article? Did she live with boyfriend or by herself?

She told her boyfriend she was going out of state with a friend named Ashly? Then she told her employer she was going up north to visit her dying uncle?

Her remains were found in an area where a car can't go?

“It was a rural area where she was found,” Detective Kevin O’Neill said in an October interview. “It’s not a place you can arrive by foot or public transportation, so that makes it a little suspicious.”

You can't get there by foot, but she was found by hikers?

Her boyfriend saw her last? He didn't report her missing?

Is that correct?
Yes. Evidently when questioned he said she was last seen 8/26. She was reported missing 11/18, unsure who made the report.*

*edit: Newspaper articles citing "anonymous" tip to Crimestoppers.

Also did I miss something in the article? Did she live with boyfriend or by herself?
She lived with him. More correctly he with her since she owned the place.

She told her boyfriend she was going out of state with a friend named Ashley? Then she told her employer she was going up north to visit her dying uncle?
That's what I've read so far. Conflicting stories

Her remains were found in an area where a car can't go?
The swamp down here (Picayune Strand State Forest) but from the images I've seen it was just off a dirt road.
You can't get there by foot, but she was found by hikers?
From what I've read she was found by lost tourists in their car.*
*edit: I've also seen "hikers" cited by some sources.

I first became aware of this Thursday, 12/17 when I saw County Sheriffs and CSI crew at her condo. At one point I spoke to a "Homicide" detective there and at that point knew something really bad was happening. CSI spent a couple hours in the condo and removed items.
Living so close to the victim I had noticed a lack of activity from her and/or her vehicle in the weeks leading up to this.
The detective asked me a little about the boyfriend; he was interested in him and was waiting on his return.
The next day (12/18) her remains, found late August were identified via fingerprints.
I'm pretty sure I'd seen the b/f's vehicle around quite a bit between late August and 12/17.
Saw his vehicle there yesterday (12/21) and called the detective who said they had already spoken to him. So I'd assume he's not charged with anything.
Yesterday evening a U-haul truck, some civilians and 2 cop cars showed up so somebody's stuff was removed from the premises.

That's what I've read so far. Conflicting stories

The swamp down here (Picayune Strand State Forest) but from the images I've seen it was just off a dirt road.
From what I've read she was found by lost tourists in their car.*
*edit: I've also seen "hikers" cited by some sources.

So they drove by and saw her in the swamp?

eta: Listening to the 911 call. Oh god. :(

I wonder how long they lived together for?

“It was a rural area where she was found,” Detective Kevin O’Neill said in an October interview. “It’s not a place you can arrive by foot or public transportation, so that makes it a little suspicious
I'd missed this quote (or forgotten I'd read it) and am now confused. The two images I'd seen of the area where the remains were found clearly show a dirt path right up and next to the crime scene tarp. I'm assuming those were images of the actual event/scene as opposed to stock photos.

Also, her car had been parked in front of her condo since she was last seen (in late August). Where her remains were found are not even remotely within walking or hiking distance from her place. Also bear in mind the season; late August is brutal down here. Very few middle-aged single moms are hiking The Everglades in August. Given the remoteness of area where her remains were found all I can imagine is a straight up body-dump.

A year to the day that she was last seen alive and we've gotten no closer to finding out what happened.

Websleuth regulars, how often do somewhat-marginal people die in slightly-suspicious circumstances and nothing ever happens? Does this happen all day every day?

Was anything more discovered with this case? Does the boyfriend still live there?

Man arrested in connection to 2015 skeletal remains case

Collier County - A 51-year-old Lee County man was arrested Thursday and charged with killing his live-in girlfriend, whose skeletal remains were discovered in remote Golden Gate Estates in 2015.
9519528165b18068ffe4ad44ab49b989.jpg

Michael J. Zutten of Cape Coral is charged with second-degree murder in connection with the death of Heather Lee Grimshaw, 45, of East Naples.

https://www.fox4now.com/news/local-news/man-arrested-in-connection-to-2015-skeletal-remains-case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back