Australia - Khandalyce Pearce (Wynarka) and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wynarka suitcase murder victim identified as Khandalyce Kiara Pearce;
her mother Karlie Pearce-Stevenson was also violently killed

20 October 2015

WpltXXj.jpg
mUXuad4.jpg

Khandalyce Kiara Pearce **************Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson

THE little girl whose body was found in a suitcase near Wynarka has been identified as Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, born in Alice Springs in 2006.

Her mother Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson was also brutally murdered, and dumped in Belanglo State Forest south of Sydney.

A joint investigation into their deaths has now been launched by SAPOL’s Major Crime Branch and the NSW Homicide Squad.

The circumstances and place of the murders is yet to be determined, but they were last seen in late 2008 and Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s skeletal remains were found in August 2010.

SA and NSW police today revealed that the breakthrough began on October 8 when a caller to Crime Stoppers said Khandalyce was possibly the little girl in the suitcase. The caller had not seen Khandalyce or Ms Pearce-Stevenson for some time and believed they were missing.

(more at the link)

ARREST.

Belanglo death: Detectives charge Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson acquaintance with murder

OCTOBER 29, 2015 9:44AM

DANIEL Holdom, 41, has appeared via video link at Maitland Court charged with the murder of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson.

His bail was refused and he was remanded in custody to appear at Sydney Central Local Court on November 12.

Police today have confirmed for the first time that ‘Belanglo Angel’ Karlie, 20, was killed before her daughter Khandalyce.

In a short press conference in Sydney this morning, police said Karlie was murdered between December 14 and 15, 2008, and that tragically her daughter was kept alive for some time after her murder.

It comes after an acquaintance of Karlie was charged with her murder.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Daniel Holdom was taken into custody at Cessnock police station by homicide detectives at 4.15pm yesterday.

He was charged with one count of murder late last night relating to the death of the 20-year-old mother — but has not been charged over the murder of her two-year-old daughter Khandalyce.

Read more

Grieving Pearce-Stevenson family's text

November 18, 2015, 3:29 pm

THE FULL TEXT RELEASED BY THE FAMILY OF KARLIE PEARCE-STEVENSON AND KHANDALYCE PEARCE:

"Throughout Australia (and particularly in South Australia) people were deeply saddened by the news that a young child had been found dead in a suitcase.

Their thoughts and prayers were for this nameless infant whose life apparently was stolen by person or persons unknown.

There were no fond memories to share; rather the prospect that a child would be buried unknown to those who loved her.

They ask, however, that no matter the rumour, innuendo and conjecture that all remember always that a mother and her child were needlessly and callously killed.

Read more.

Take Note: Daniel Holdom has been charged with the murder of Karlie Pearce Stevenson and the laws of sub judice now apply. This means that his case is under judicial consideration. His prior convictions are off limits here and any mention of them will be deleted immediately.

Do not post anything here that could be detrimental to the prosecution of this case. If there is anything you're unsure of, feel free to contact me privately.

Rules Etiquette & Information

AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie MEDIA/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1 Thread#2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9

Previous Wynarka threads:

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7

Mum's Thread#1

COPYRIGHT RULE

Quotes from published sources, e.g., news articles, should be limited to no more than 10% of the original material, with a source link included. Images also must be accompanied by a link to the original source.

If the article is behind a paywall, you can post the link, and any portion of the content included in a preview. That's it. Common sense, people.

Rules: Etiquette & Information

Symbah and Panda, I replied to your replies to me in the previous thread but it was closed while I was typing and lost the lot. Here's a bit of an overview of what I remember typing...

Why kill Khandalyce in a rage? I really don't know why anyone could do that to an adult, let alone a helpless child. I think he would have had to have been hyped up on drugs to do that. I am leaning towards an idea that Karlie had something over him, something that she knew about him and that perhaps she threatened to 'spill the beans'. I am still of the belief he was involved in untoward activities towards children. I think the killing of Khandalyce was projected anger towards Karlie. I can almost imagine him blaming her for having to kill her daughter.

I am not a medical person and have no qualifications to justify my comments but I think he is a narcissist and/or sociopath. It is only my opinion and I got that opinion from my reading of T-LB's FB page. I know someone who, unfortunately, has come into my family's life who fits that same criteria and watching her I can see similarities with things T-L wrote about Holdom. Panda, I liked your description of a tantruming teenager, I can see him doing that when things don't go his way. I think something didn't go his way, big time, and the reaction was shocking. I am also adamant that he would have been high as a kite, too.

I think this fits him -

Narcissist: The narcissist seems less aware of just how evil he/she is. They come into every relationship just blindly looking for that fuel, love, adoration, praise…the world in their mind, revolves around them…and they see no issue or challenge with that?! They believe that they cannot live without the fuel for their ego, they can never be empty of fuel. So in essence they need a harem, or a supply that goes broad and deep. They don’t see this as an issue. In their confused minds they are giving love, so what is the problem? Yet, they cannot really give love…they are simply mimicking the kind of behavior that they know they must do to get their supply. If you relinquish some of your devotion, lessen their supply or show the slightest inkling that you are questioning their superior self…you are being moved to the discard pile. Thou shall not question thy King! Then BOOM gone, UNLESS, the new chosen one fails to comply, then he will return with his/her “love” and charm…and attempt to lure you back in, and if he/she is successful, your pain will be twice as bad as you recover from yet another discard.

http://dianaiannarone.com/2014/01/2...ciopath-and-a-narcissist-from-my-perspective/

I wish I knew his motives and reasons for refusing to cooperate with police. Is he aware that the less he says the more work police have to do to pin something on him? Is it a power trip to him? Is he that damn arrogant that he thinks he can play games with police? Is he worried about any repercussions for bringing someone else down with him? Oh to be a fly on the wall in the interview room.

Symbah and Panda, I replied to your replies to me in the previous thread but it was closed while I was typing and lost the lot. Here's a bit of an overview of what I remember typing...

Why kill Khandalyce in a rage? I really don't know why anyone could do that to an adult, let alone a helpless child. I think he would have had to have been hyped up on drugs to do that. I am leaning towards an idea that Karlie had something over him, something that she knew about him and that perhaps she threatened to 'spill the beans'. I am still of the belief he was involved in untoward activities towards children. I think the killing of Khandalyce was projected anger towards Karlie. I can almost imagine him blaming her for having to kill her daughter.

I am not a medical person and have no qualifications to justify my comments but I think he is a narcissist and sociopath. It is only my opinion and I got that opinion from my reading of T-LB's FB page. I know someone who, unfortunately, has come into my family's life who fits that same criteria and watching her I can see similarities with things T-L wrote about Holdom. Panda, I liked your description of a tantruming teenager, I can see him doing that when things don't go his way. I think something didn't go his way, big time, and the reaction was shocking. I am also adamant that he would have been high as a kite, too.

I wish I knew his motives and reasons for refusing to cooperate with police. Is is aware that the less he says the more work police have to do to pin something on him? Is he that damn arrogant that he thinks he can play games with police? Is he worried about any repercussions for bringing someone else down with him? Oh to be a fly on the wall in the interview room.

Totally agree Freddo. Most especially about Karlie having something over him and her threatening to spill the beans, that's definitely what I'm leaning towards at this point.

"The 41-year-old is accused of murdering Khandalyce sometime between 2.17am on December 19 and 12.52am on December 20, 2008, in NSW."

Today might be the anniversary of Khandalyce's death. RIP little angel.

I am not a medical person and have no qualifications to justify my comments but I think he is a narcissist and sociopath. It is only my opinion and I got that opinion from my reading of T-LB's FB page. I know someone who, unfortunately, has come into my family's life who fits that same criteria and watching her I can see similarities with things T-L wrote about Holdom. Panda, I liked your description of a tantruming teenager, I can see him doing that when things don't go his way. I think something didn't go his way, big time, and the reaction was shocking. I am also adamant that he would have been high as a kite, too.

I think this fits him -

Narcissist: The narcissist seems less aware of just how evil he/she is. They come into every relationship just blindly looking for that fuel, love, adoration, praise…the world in their mind, revolves around them…and they see no issue or challenge with that?! They believe that they cannot live without the fuel for their ego, they can never be empty of fuel. So in essence they need a harem, or a supply that goes broad and deep. They don’t see this as an issue. In their confused minds they are giving love, so what is the problem? Yet, they cannot really give love…they are simply mimicking the kind of behavior that they know they must do to get their supply. If you relinquish some of your devotion, lessen their supply or show the slightest inkling that you are questioning their superior self…you are being moved to the discard pile. Thou shall not question thy King! Then BOOM gone, UNLESS, the new chosen one fails to comply, then he will return with his/her “love” and charm…and attempt to lure you back in, and if he/she is successful, your pain will be twice as bad as you recover from yet another discard.

http://dianaiannarone.com/2014/01/2...ciopath-and-a-narcissist-from-my-perspective/

I wish I knew his motives and reasons for refusing to cooperate with police. Is he aware that the less he says the more work police have to do to pin something on him? Is it a power trip to him? Is he that damn arrogant that he thinks he can play games with police? Is he worried about any repercussions for bringing someone else down with him? Oh to be a fly on the wall in the interview room.

One would wonder why he wouldnt take both to Belangelo then, why run the risk of returning to the ACT without Karlie to then go through it all again 5 days later.
I get what you are saying, im just wondering why he may want to seperate them on that occasion if they had the same fate.

Totally agree Freddo. Most especially about Karlie having something over him and her threatening to spill the beans, that's definitely what I'm leaning towards at this point.

If she knew those types of things about him, why would she willingly leave Khandalyce with the carer and go with him to Belangelo.
I mean, if reports are correct that she was killed in the vacinity of the forest.

What would be serious enough to commit double murder to keep it quiet, but not enough of a concern for a young woman to leave her daughter behind and visit a place notorious with bad things.

I cant imagine a mother doing that if she suspected something untoward, i wouldnt be leaving her side.

All MOO.

I am not a medical person and have no qualifications to justify my comments but I think he is a narcissist and/or sociopath. It is only my opinion and I got that opinion from my reading of T-LB's FB page. I know someone who, unfortunately, has come into my family's life who fits that same criteria and watching her I can see similarities with things T-L wrote about Holdom. Panda, I liked your description of a tantruming teenager, I can see him doing that when things don't go his way. I think something didn't go his way, big time, and the reaction was shocking. I am also adamant that he would have been high as a kite, too.

I think this fits him -

Sorry Freddo that you had to re-write your'e post into this thread.

I do agree with you're view on narcism in relation to DH & I think thats where ... towards the end of the last thread ... I questioned his perception.

I too believe that he was involved in untoward behaviour involving children & this in itself, so very, very sadly may be why there was a time lapse between murders:(

If she knew those types of things about him, why would she willingly leave Khandalyce with the carer and go with him to Belangelo.
I mean, if reports are correct that she was killed in the vacinity of the forest.

What would be serious enough to commit double murder to keep it quiet, but not enough of a concern for a young woman to leave her daughter behind and visit a place notorious with bad things.

I cant imagine a mother doing that if she suspected something untoward, i wouldnt be leaving her side.

All MOO.

Yes, that's a very good point. I didn't think of that, to be honest. There is no way she would leave Khandalyce and happily go off with him somewhere if she was aware of funny business going on. I still think he flipped when he was with her at Belanglo - I'm still toying with the idea that he may have done something to her, or tried to do something to her that she didn't want, or like and that she rejected him. There is the possibility (I'm just thinking on my feet here, so bear with me) that Karlie found something out unexpectedly when they were wherever they were (I still can't work out if they went to Belanglo happily, for a day/weekend away or not, perhaps it wasn't a social trip at all), perhaps something on his phone for example. Yeah, probably unlikely. If he did have anything incriminating on his phone, such as pictures, I'm pretty sure he would guard it with his life and not allow anyone else to handle it. In which case, I'm stumped again.

Yes, that's a very good point. I didn't think of that, to be honest. There is no way she would leave Khandalyce and happily go off with him somewhere if she was aware of funny business going on. I still think he flipped when he was with her at Belanglo - I'm still toying with the idea that he may have done something to her, or tried to do something to her that she didn't want, or like and that she rejected him. There is the possibility (I'm just thinking on my feet here, so bear with me) that Karlie found something out unexpectedly when they were wherever they were (I still can't work out if they went to Belanglo happily, for a day/weekend away or not, perhaps it wasn't a social trip at all), perhaps something on his phone for example. Yeah, probably unlikely. If he did have anything incriminating on his phone, such as pictures, I'm pretty sure he would guard it with his life and not allow anyone else to handle it. In which case, I'm stumped again.

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying its not possible. For all we know he may have subdued her in some way (drugged) to get her to Belangelo, and then committed the crime, so she may not have left Khandalyce and gone willingly at all.
Im just applying what weve been led to believe, that he accompanied her to the forest, and that they left Khandalyce with someone, which provides a picture of a consensual trip by someone with little to fear.

Just making a post....so I can find my way back here easier.

Not sure if it's just me....but do find it hard to find the Australian threads..

Not sure if it's just me....but do find it hard to find the Australian threads..

I'm working with bookmarks, that works well! Google chrome has it at the top, right, marked with a yellow star. :)

All MOO.

It hasn't been established that Karlie went alone to Belanglo or left Khandalyce with a sitter.

Bookmark the page if using Google, Puggle or save a shortcut to the desktop or a folder. You can also use the button (once in) at the top to access your 'last read' post.

Nissan Black motor I think. Popular model.

I found this short video very interesting in that it references Darwin and the Riverland (as opposed to the Murray Mallee itself) as places K & K visited. Thousands and thousands of kilometres in such a relatively short time and that must have been one helluva Commodore!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-22/the-murdered-mother-and-daughter-were-last-seen-in/6877934

My utter speculation is;
Heavily drug affected possibly with steroids to keep the weight on. Premeditated murder after possibly being told the relationship wasn't going to keep going. Killed and took over the money. Cashed in the asset.

Drug affected is part the narcissism. Self interested in where there is drugs or money; or both. Only interests.

Typical behaviour is give engagement ring then milk them dry. Give them the drug, then come out with they have a debt to pay off when they want to leave. Own them once got them on the drug.

Sorry Freddo that you had to re-write your'e post into this thread.

I do agree with you're view on narcism in relation to DH & I think thats where ... towards the end of the last thread ... I questioned his perception.

I too believe that he was involved in untoward behaviour involving children & this in itself, so very, very sadly may be why there was a time lapse between murders:(

All MOO.

This is really bothering me - this whole scenario of Holdom and Karlie going to Belanglo and her ending up being killed there (I'm assuming this information is correct, which it may well not be, given the previous inconsistencies, but just working on this scenario).

"What would be serious enough to commit double murder to keep it quiet ..." The thought popped into my head - what if Karlie was pregnant and told Holdom whilst they were at Belanglo and he snapped, or indeed before they went to Belanglo, in which case Holdom may have already premeditated the outcome, or she was pregnant and opted for an abortion. I know this isn't a pleasant thought however, the stomping being so personal (if indeed, she was stomped on - I'm only going on what we know from the somewhat flaky media reports) and the area of the body where she was allegedly stomped on, made me wonder if it wasn't a very, very personal rage being inflicted on her.

As I said, sorry for the line of thought, but as we all know, there is nothing pleasant about murder, full stop. And there is never a pleasant motivation behind it.

All the above is viewed only as speculation of course.

Have police said anything about an overdose? I wonder..

Has Karlie been hot shotted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member