1111 users online (217 members and 894 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

TX - Amanda Thacker, 28, Onalaska, 8 Dec 2015

Amanda Thacker

Onalaska Police Department

Last seen or heard from December 8th, 2015. Was living in the Onalaska Area. If you know her or have seen her please contact our department. (936)646-5676. Please share this photo.

https://www.facebook.com/onalaskapolicedept/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

You'd think by now there would be some news article out someplace, I'm seeing zip..

Quote Originally Posted by pappa rob View Post
    You'd think by now there would be some news article out someplace, I'm seeing zip..
    I'm not seeing anything buy her family posting to facebook...looks like she's a mommy and has a lot of family worried about her 😕

Woman from Dayton missing since early December
    A young woman with ties to Dayton is missing, having last been seen on Dec. 8 in Onalaska, Texas, where she lived with her boyfriend.

According to police, Amanda Thacker, 28, has not been in contact with her family since that time. The last footprint on social media that appears to have been left by her, according to Capt. John Maddox of Onalaska Police Department, was on Dec. 10. It is not believed that Thacker had access to a vehicle.

Thacker’s disappearance first was reported by Thacker’s mother, who said she hadn’t spoken to her daughter in days, which was uncharacteristic of her.

When Onalaska police spoke to Thacker’s boyfriend, he claimed he found a note from her saying she “needed to be away for a while,” said Maddox.

In an effort to follow every possible lead, police have spoken to her friends, family and anyone else who might have information leading to her whereabouts or offer clues to her disappearance.
    http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/easte...43e31d9ee.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I did not see anything new in MSM or on other missing sites about Ms. Thacker's disappearance. It has been one month today that she has not been seen by anyone she knows. She has children that live with her mother. Prayers and thoughts go out to her, her family and friends, and detectives as they attempt to locate her.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

WOMAN FROM DAYTON MISSING SINCE EARLY DECEMBER

http://abc13.com/news/woman-from-day...ember/1132499/

Hinky meter going off....id be willing to bet there wasn't any note from her...& if there was, he never tried to reach her? They had to be somewhat serious if they were living together..

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QueenBea13 View Post
    Hinky meter going off....id be willing to bet there wasn't any note from her...
    "he claimed he found a note from her saying she “needed to be away for a while"

I'm "hinking" the same - especially when the article (link in post # 5) also says "It is not believed that Thacker had access to a vehicle". So how did the BF think she was able to go "be away"?

Another thing in that article kind of stood out to me:
    She was in between jobs. She had gone to Wyoming on a business venture that didn’t work out before that

Just thinking out loud here - wonder what that business venture was? Was she in that business venture with someone else who could have hard feelings about it not working out? Or did she meet someone else when she was out there? Or threaten to go back out there, and BF wasn't happy about that?

I have a really bad feeling about this case - mainly based on that "note". Ugh. I pray I'm way off.

This is my first post so please forgive me if I do something wrong. I'm trying to find more info on this case. She lived in the same town as I do and I think about her often. I had read somewhere that the boyfriend had been arrested for killing someone else and then died himself. Does anyone know if this is true?

Quote Originally Posted by Dezra138 View Post
    This is my first post so please forgive me if I do something wrong. I'm trying to find more info on this case. She lived in the same town as I do and I think about her often. I had read somewhere that the boyfriend had been arrested for killing someone else and then died himself. Does anyone know if this is true?
    What you state is posted on Amanda's Missing page linked below. Is it true, who knows?
    https://www.facebook.com/wemissamanda/

http://jimcarrollsblog.blogspot.com/...fficially.html
    https://www.facebook.com/SCOUTsTATTO...7%3A1485851107
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Yes that's what I read as well. I was just looking for maybe some newspaper articles or something like that.