NC - Nalini Tellaprolu, 51, murdered at her Cary home, 17 Dec 2015 *Arrest*

Madeleine74

Knower of Things
Reaction score
December 18, 2015

Nalini Tellaprolu, 51, was found at about 3 p.m. Thursday in her garage at 2107 Roland Glen Road. No arrests have been made in the case, and Cary police did not release any other details Friday about how Tellaprolu died.

She's married, has 2 children, a teenage son and a daughter who lives out of state.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/cary-woman-s-death-ruled-a-homicide/15186131/#kUp87BVkvyzrHO7q.99

Tellaprolu was getting ready to celebrate her 52nd birthday at the end of the month. She worked at Duke Medicine, according to neighbors who spoke with ABC11.

Neighbors say she has two children, a daughter who's in law school and a son in high school.

There have been no arrests.

Police are asking anyone who was in the Roland Glen Road area on December 17 to contact the Town of Cary Police Department at (919) 469-4012 or file a report anonymously with Cary Crime Stoppers at (919) 460-4636. Crime Stoppers pays up to $2,500 for the arrest or indictment of those responsible for committing certain types of crimes. All calls will be kept confidential at the caller's request.

http://abc11.com/news/police-investigate-murder-of-cary-woman-found-in-garage/1128656/

Observations:

- No public comments have been made by the police chief about this appearing to be an isolated case or not. Those who followed a very big prior case in this town will understand. Conspiratorists will need to leave tin foil hats outside.

- No press conferences have been held by Cary police.

- No details have been released by the police (this is pretty much standard policy).

- COD has not been released at this time. That is typical until such time as the M.E.'s office releases a report, which the media will then get a hold of and publish an article. Usually within 2 or 3 months.

- I noticed in the very last photo on the ABC article a certain Cary detective is on the scene who achieved some (unwanted) notoriety by the women of WS who noted his good looks during a prior large case in this town. Also, I think it's safe to assume any cell phones in this case will be passed directly to the experts.

Hmmm...still no news. Cary PD is being very tight-lipped about this. I have not heard that they have or have not ruled out a random attack.

I live in Cary and, generally, the PD is quick to assure residents if it was not a random crime. I wonder if she was coming from or going to her car with the garage open and someone came in? Was the door open or closed when they found her?

Hi Diphi!

Nice to see you again.

My speculation: after the various nut jobs and conspiratorists made a huge deal about the former police chief saying the Cooper murder appeared to be an isolated incident and assuring the community, and also criticizing LE for not spending their time shooting down rumors published on the various forums, they are even more tight-lipped. I assume if there's something to report or an alert to the community the word will get out. And otherwise, I assume they're working the case and trying to determine if someone well-known to the victim is a suspect.

Also there's been 3 people murdered since Dec 17th in Cary. A record, if you will, although the 1 guy confessed to murdering his mother and girlfriend and called LE himself.

Yes, thank you. A total of five this year, I heard (3 this month). Quite unusual for this usually very well-behaved town.

And I agree the Cooper case is probably influencing them. I did note her obit at Brown-Wynne Funeral Home is pretty skimpy. Could be several reasons, I suppose.

Notice how quiet it's been on the case.

I suspect no official comments will be made by anyone from either the CPD or DA's office or anywhere else and certainly none that point to anyone. Most victims do know their killers so I'm sure the case is being looked at 'inside then extending out,' as case investigations follow that pattern.

No news about this case. This family is in my thoughts and prayers. Sleuthers what are your theories about this case?

Mothrs day is around .I am thinking about Nalini and her family.This is the first Mothers day, her kids won't have their mother. I can't imagine what her family is going through. It's very traumatic to lose your mom and on top of it losing her in such a horrible way.

From last month:

One year later: Detectives still searching for Cary woman’s killer

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article121430972.html

One year ago, a 16-year-old boy found his 51-year-old mother lying dead on the garage floor of their home on Roland Glen Road.

Nalini Tellaprolu, the married mother of a son and daughter, had been strangled, with a plastic bag over her head. Her feet were in the back seat of a car, according to an autopsy report from the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

A year later, police still have not made an arrest in the case. Police Capt. Randall Rhyne described the investigation of Tellaprolu’s death as active and ongoing, but he would not say if detectives have identified a suspect. Nor would he say if Tellaprolu might have known her killer; the home’s alarm system had not been activated, and there were no signs of forced entry.

Cary detective A. Dismukes stated in a search warrant application that at 3:20 p.m. on Dec. 17, 2015, Tellaprolu’s son, Arnav Uppalapati, led two uniformed officers to his mother’s body on the garage floor.

The teen told the officers that he had last seen his mother alive the night before at about 10:30 p.m. when the two of them ate dinner together. Arnav told police that he went upstairs to do his homework and later went to bed. He woke up the next morning about 6:50 a.m., ate breakfast and left for school at 7 a.m.

Arnav told police that he did not see or talk to his mother before leaving out the front door. The teen said he did not see his mother until he returned home at 3:20 p.m. and saw her lying on the garage floor, Dismukes wrote in the search warrant application.

Police seized security system from Cary home where woman found dead - September

Nalini's son was charged last week with her murder.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/19/north-carolina-teen-arrested-in-2015-murder-mother.html

A North Carolina teenager who found his mother dead more than a year ago has been charged with killing her.

Arnav Uppalapati is accused of killing his mom, 51-year-old Nalini Tellaprolu, in Cary on Dec. 17, 2015. The Associated Press reported that he was charged as an adult.

Uppalapati was a person of interest in the case from the outset, Wake County District Attorney Lorrin Freeman told the paper.

Investigators suspected the teen because there were no signs her $450,000 home had been broken into.

He told cops he last saw his mother at dinner the night before. He said he then did homework and went to bed and the next day went to school.

It wasn't clear how cops finally broke the case or what motive played a role.

Wow didn't see that coming. How very sad.

Very sad and tragic. It will be interesting to see how he pleads and whether this goes to trial. I believe his sister is in law school. The family dynamics must be interesting, both before and now. I wonder if he'll be represented by private counsel or a public defender.

Mostly, I can't comprehend why this might have happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back