759 users online (98 members and 661 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Miss Universe 2015 Results Mishap...

OMG did you guys see what just happened on Miss Universe 2015?! Steve Harvey accidentally announced Miss Colombia as the winner. Just when we thought it was over, she had been crowned and everything, SH comes back on saying he read the results wrong. OMG. This just happened so not sure about the msm yet but will post it as soon as it hits, any second now I'm sure! Yall have to see the video. All this is going to go viral and be quite the discussion on social media tomorrow.

(Wow, I'm in shock. That was nuts!) Steve Harvey took responsibility and apologized, but wow! I thought it was odd when he did not announce the first runner up, thought maybe it was a new format!

I could tell Miss Phillipines felt badly about it...I feel bad for Miss Colombia, wow! Both of them actually!
    Last edited by margarita25; 12-21-2015 at 01:10 AM. Reason: I spelled Colombia wrong just like Steve Harvey haha

Miss Universe mistake crowns Colombia before Philippines
    Miss Universe host's mistake initially gives crown to Colombia, not Philippines
    Associated Press By Kimberly Pierceall, Associated Press
    2 minutes ago
    http://news.yahoo.com/trump-isnt-cen...155603024.html

Thanks FHG for the message!!

Miss Philippines Crowned Miss Universe After Steve Harvey Wrongly Named Colombia Winner
    http://news.yahoo.com/miss-philippin...031043986.html

I just sent a text out to some people I knew were watching saying omg did you guys just see that. My phone is blowing up with text responses lol. I got one back from a doctor who says this, heehee, LMAO:

"Yes that guy is going to get a lawsuit. Throughout the show he was a misfit and I kept saying that. While Miss Phi was the legit winner, to put Columbia through this insult is pure Malpractice. She should be given restitution. The organization should act swiftly to compensate her. This is serious emotional damage for her and her country. If a doctor made such a grave mistake...PAY UP stupid Steve and Miss Universe Organization."

(modsnip)
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 12-21-2015 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Not necessary.

Oh no! Steve Harvey crowns wrong woman Miss Universe
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/e...rvey/77681786/

Eta: see link above re this pic. It says people got further angered by the spelling errors in his tweet. (I actually spelled Colombia the same way when I initially posted... ) Poor guy, now I'm actually starting to feel sorry for him. He sent out a new tweet with the correct spellings lol.
    Last edited by margarita25; 12-21-2015 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Me View Post
    Seriously embarrassing lol. The moments leading up to the start of that video make it even more powerful, where he reads the initial results, Colombia has her crowning moment, etc...I wonder if there's another video that starts a couple minutes earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
    Seriously embarrassing lol. The moments leading up to the start of that video make it even more powerful, where he reads the initial results, Colombia has her crowning moment, etc...I wonder if there's another video that starts a couple minutes earlier...
    It's still going on here in California time. I wasn't going to watch it, but . . . Thanks to your heads up, I tuned in.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Me View Post
    It's still going on here in California time. I wasn't going to watch it, but . . . Thanks to your heads up, I tuned in.
    Oh shiiite!! I am sooooooo sorry to anyone watching for the spoiler!! OMG this is getting worse by the second lol.

Glad you're getting to tune in though, it was really crazy to see live!

(Reminds me of an old creepy movie, argh, Faye Dunaway I think...or maybe it's Carrie...)

I saw earlier backstage videos with comments by both ladies, but I can't find them now. Miss Phi's comments were awesome ("nontraditional crowning moment" and "very 2015"); Miss CO commented on how things happen for a reason. They were both class acts in those videos imo.

Wow.....I love Steve Harvey.....how embarrassing.
    ~ shine on you crAzy diamond ~ Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here

Quote Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
    (Reminds me of an old creepy movie, argh, Faye Dunaway I think...or maybe it's Carrie...)
    Miss Congeniality?

In a statement, the pageant said the "excitement of live TV was evident" with more than 10 million people turning into the Las Vegas event.

"Unfortunately, a live telecast means that human error can come into play. We witnessed that tonight when the wrong winner was initially announced," the statement said. "Our sincerest apologies to Miss Universe Colombia, Miss Universe Philippines, their families and fans."

http://www.al.com/entertainment/inde...on_having.html

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast